mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #131 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hering View Post
Maybe we shouldn't make things this easy for thieves online?
No kidding!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #132 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
Then we had a long conversation about how all the old school ballers are going to back to their roots and scooping up gear from the past.
For many of us, we started playing 20-30 years ago, but back then, we were kids and couldnt afford the "best or coolest".

But now we are grown up will "real" jobs, and real money. Now all those things we drooled over... we can buy. Obviously an 80s-era Ninja Nightmare or Thompson Sniper is no longer "top of the line", but the nostalgia is so strong, it doesnt really matter.

The Bullpup kits came out right at the peek for the VM68. You could replace every single part with an aftermarket version. Even the body (ie VMX, Procomp, etc). I thought the bullpup kits were wicked cool, but maybe it was bad timing? It came out in the late 1992 (20 years ago!!). Just after the Automag and Cocker were started to get noticed. That changed the bullpup to a novelty item instead of a performance upgrade.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #133 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
Is he sure it was a "Smokey" and not some other name?

Wayne sounds like a cool guy! I'm sorry I am not local enough to meet him and chat. I love hearing stories about the old days. Sounds like he has a wicked cool collection! Even if he doesn't sell stuff, he should totally take pictures. It would be cool to see.
He said Smokey, so I am assuming so. But Wayne just turned 72, so it might be something else too. Wayne and me have long conversations about the golden days of paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
For many of us, we started playing 20-30 years ago, but back then, we were kids and couldnt afford the "best or coolest".
I was introduced to the sport on a work outing. It was a team building experience between Management and sales vs the techs. Needless to say, Management never went paintballing after that. But a couple of us were hooked and played every other weekend until our dept closed shop. We all bought Bushmaster/Bloodsuckers and formed our own casual team. I remember skriming against Bad Company when they were sponsored by Line SI. Good times.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #134 (permalink)

Any more news on this? My vm needs this rebirth!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #135 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Is there an actual number of available kits?
and is there a price.

Id love to pick one up but as members have been saying I dont want to try buying from someone who just grabs as many as they can to sell em at crazy prices later just because there is a new want for them.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #136 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

No news yet. I talked to Wayne last weekend, one of Wayne's employee's cleaned his shed and put the box's containing the kits somwhere and Wayne hasn't found them yet. Prices and actual kits will be determined once they are found. I can't assure anyone a kit, thats between Jackie (Waynes wife) and the person purchasing them. I'm sure if she can unload them all at once she would, lot less headache that way. But when I know something, you'll know something.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #137 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
No news yet. I talked to Wayne last weekend, one of Wayne's employee's cleaned his shed and put the box's containing the kits somwhere and Wayne hasn't found them yet. Prices and actual kits will be determined once they are found. I can't assure anyone a kit, thats between Jackie (Waynes wife) and the person purchasing them. I'm sure if she can unload them all at once she would, lot less headache that way. But when I know something, you'll know something.
Thank you for taking the time to talk to them and trying to arrange this for members.
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #138 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Anything for you Nox but it makes it easy for me as I am a ref for Wayne's World on Sunday's, so I see him at least once a week, lol.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #139 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Where these ever located?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #140 (permalink)
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
I bought them all.
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
....bro, you just gave me a quarter chub.
Jebus is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone