mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #111 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
...Play what you want, with what you want, and call it whatever style you want. Just play fair, within the rules set for the game and respect your fellows. That is all that is important all else is unimportant.
ok... but i think your idea is just about as antiquated as my own. civilized play is fading into history. rof and tech restrictions are part of the solution.... imo anywho.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #112 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I think these conversations are important.

If someone says "I play pump because I expect there to be less paint in the air and when I got to major pump events I do not return because their is too much paint in the air" that its a concern we should at least acknowledge.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #113 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
i dont think tourney ball is the issue... but i know half a dozen commercial fields i wont go to because they simply cant control the players anymore.. its sad. and that may be the. real issue.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #114 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
i dont think tourney ball is the issue... but i know half a dozen commercial fields i wont go to because they simply cant control the players anymore.. its sad. and that may be the. real issue.
I don't accept "can't". I will accept "won't" or are concerned with the impact it would have on their finances but I do not accept "can't". In any other business a customer that routinely bullied other customers would be removed.

I agree it is not a tourney ball issue though.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #115 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
No, new pumps aren't pumps. Only old pumps are pumps.

Hopefully OP is now happy and we can all carry on as before.
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #116 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
No, new pumps aren't pumps. Only old pumps are pumps.

Hopefully OP is now happy and we can all carry on as before.
Sounds like the topic struck a nerve?

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #117 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
I don't accept "can't". I will accept "won't" or are concerned with the impact it would have on their finances but I do not accept "can't". In any other business a customer that routinely bullied other customers would be removed.

I agree it is not a tourney ball issue though.
agreed
Old 09-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #118 (permalink)
Total wreath

CCM Fan
Must feed the trolls
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #119 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
I don't like pump events that turn into high volume shooting events. Personally I would prefer to see stickfeeds. My phantoms have auto-trigger (so I am told) but I have never seen one effectively used.

I don't know. It seems to me like I want to see less paint in the air. Pump was one way of attempting that. With the technology now used in pumps we have to question if that worked as it was intended. Maybe we should have been discussing loaders
Quote:
I think these conversations are important.

If someone says "I play pump because I expect there to be less paint in the air and when I got to major pump events I do not return because their is too much paint in the air" that its a concern we should at least acknowledge.
I think that is what the topic is coming to the dilution of pure pump. I personally don't care what you do in open play, but when I go to a game that is along the lines of "Pump/Pistol" I hate seeing these dudes that literally just hold the trigger down and just pump when they want to shoot.

Pure pump in its essence is a beautiful thing highlighting the nuances of the sport such snap shooting, aggressiveness in moving up the field, and a calculation of each shot. It simply cannot be more boiled down than that. And a great pump game is one where you are aggressive and battle it out with people yet there is a light air about it. When people start bring AT's into it I literally just spend time ditching them. You should not need to bring pods into a pump game. Maybe 1. It just has come to me that the same demographic that buys the fastest nicest space dildos, if purchasing a pump buy a AT'd one. And its literally some guy standing in the back spraying his gun and putting the rotor on it to use. Stop the bastardization of pump games. I think we shouldn't look at what is now considered a pump, but what we consider a pump game.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #120 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
Sounds like the topic struck a nerve?
No...I find the thread silly 'tis all...
Dr. PhunkyPants is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone