mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #121 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
No...I find the thread silly 'tis all...
I think a lot of players really went above and beyond the call of duty to try to help restore sanity at their home fields by introducing the pump thing to their friends and maybe pushing the honor ball concept. It was a grass roots movement that bucked against the trends for higher rates of fire and accuracy through volume.

Then the technology improved kind of bluring the definition of "pump".
(CCM, MQ valves, Pneumatic Assist, Bob Long thingie, Hitman mod, Pyres, Sterlings etc).

AT'ing = accuracy through volume all over again... but at least you have to work at it.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #122 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

sterlings have been around a lot longer than the recent resurgent in the mid 2000's. I like them. I will admit they are very fast AT and were designed that way back during the first pump speed race before semis. I use the AT, but typically only on moving targets or trying to prevent being bunkered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I think a lot of players really went above and beyond the call of duty to try to help restore sanity at their home fields by introducing the pump thing to their friends and maybe pushing the honor ball concept. It was a grass roots movement that bucked against the trends for higher rates of fire and accuracy through volume.

Then the technology improved kind of bluring the definition of "pump".
(CCM, MQ valves, Pneumatic Assist, Bob Long thingie, Hitman mod, Pyres, Sterlings etc).

AT'ing = accuracy through volume all over again... but at least you have to work at it.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #123 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

By definition if you have to pump it, it is a pump.

Even with AT you can only shoot so fast, and when you are trying to shoot really fast, you have no accuracy. Shots go all over. At best its a get out of a sticky jam feature.

I remember when I used to play pump pistol with a group, there was a guy that would show up with a sniper with an AT kit on it. He would just shell out the paint, and pretty much waste it because he didn't get many people out, and he was always taken out.

I have AT on my sterling. It's good to have when you are on a walk on field.

My Feedback
Mindless_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #124 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Control paint. It works. If I play hopper ball with a Winchester on my S6 there are only so many AT bursts I can send downrange. Once, maybe twice a game or else I don't have enough to finish.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #125 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Sometimes I show up with an ego and shoot 1000 rounds.

Sometimes I use a Pump Cocker without A/T and shoot 1500 rounds.

Sometimes I use 500 rounds with my CCM S6.5.

The point is it is the user(determined by the crowd) not the pump.

My MCB Feedback

Last edited by noclue119; 09-30-2012 at 07:13 PM.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #126 (permalink)
Autocannibal

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Control paint. It works. If I play hopper ball with a Winchester on my S6 there are only so many AT bursts I can send downrange. Once, maybe twice a game or else I don't have enough to finish.
Hit it right on the head, this past weekend I had an awesome day of play. We had players with all sorts of guns: some stock class, some pistols, electros, mech semis, pretty much everything under the sun. We limited the paint to 20 rounds per game and it was some of the best paintball I've played in years.

New PB Nation Feedback
Old PBNation Feedback
MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrekel View Post
Hey - we are not "Nation"
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Damnit. There are few things (in paintball) more dirty than the feeling you get when you actually agree with something Mike says.
God, you're so right.

This thread is entertaining to me, but especially because I was banned for saying this in my own words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
If you want to have a purist Model-T car rally, then by all means, go ahead. Get out your splatmasters and relive the 80's. But don't tell the rest of us that we're doing it wrong because we enjoy the modern conveniences that technology has given us.
Hilarious to see that even ATs get crapped on here. Maybe some of you would be happier if we ditched guns and air altogether and used slingshots? Then you'd probably bitch about the people using more elastic tension, telling them they're "cheating".

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER; 09-30-2012 at 08:35 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #128 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Hitman mod
The hitman mod, does not increase bps. In fact the hitman mod slows it down it just provides less "shake" to the gun when pumping.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #129 (permalink)
pump snob

yeah - agreed. I mentioned it as it is move away from what you would consider "traditional". like bastardizing a good thing if you will. same argument for MQ valves, electronic triggers, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
The hitman mod, does not increase bps. In fact the hitman mod slows it down it just provides less "shake" to the gun when pumping.
hitting on some of the other posters comments: Hopperball + Gravity Feed pretty much levels the playing field regardless of what gun you use. Then the players can quit worrying about gear and just go play the game.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #130 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

You may play any game any way you want.

When I say I want to play a game that has less paint in the air (and there are others like me) and there is an attempt to create this game through the use of pumps it is valid.

When I say that perhaps the best way to do it was not by limiting technology because too many people run to the edge of the rules its a valid concern.

The intent, at least for me, when playing pump class was to prevent the BPS race that was and is open class play. I do not like that type of paintball. When pump recreates this BPS race through the use of technology it avoids the entire purpose of playing pump. Now if you play pump for a different reason it may not for you. It does for me and I am sure I am not the only one.

Frankly I would rather play against open class markers than against pumps that are shooting so fast they have Rotors (or whatever) on them. At least then I'm not told "yeh, I'm playing pump". I think that western states that had to change muzzleloader season rules to be "primitive weapon" seasons would be a great example. Sometimes technology overtakes what the "rule" was supposed to cover in the first place and then the rules need to be rediscussed.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone