mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #161 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

1: click username
2: click "find more posts by ****"
3: report all inflammatory posts (which in this case is all of them)

ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #162 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
I think there should be 2 different "pump" deffinitions.

#1. tournament "pump"
Must manually recock your marker with a stroke greater than or equal to 1 ball
Includes Phantoms, cockers, MQ, eframed sears, etc

#2. pump day "pump"
Manual manipulation of your marker to reset it before it can fire.
Including, but not limited to, Pneumatic Assist (1/8" stroke), Pump Mag (wave spring length), Lever Action, Manual Agitated Hoppers (push button on a cyclone feed, fin on a rotor, possibly a rip drive on a halo), trapdoor feedneck where you have to slide a block out of the way to let 1 ball through (guy at a pump day, sooo funny to watch) etc

ie in a tourny it has to be fair, stroke distance is important, in a pump day who cares!
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #163 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

stanchy, generally I'd agree that the definition should be relaxed for pump days.

In fact, I think pistols and magfed (strictly semi auto) should be welcome at pump days. Hell, I'd argue that it's better to just run limited paint days. They embody some of the same principles just in different forms. A standard open class T2 has more firepower on tap than a Milsig, for example, and we all know that the ergonomics of a milsim gun makes for a huge disadvantage in close-in gunfights. I also think that turning the pump only games into "limited paint" games allows more people to join in. Hell, a speedball gun with a 50 round hopper is pretty much neutered down to the level of an open class pump.

If I had to choose, I would prefer a 'stock class' day...12 grams optional. But that excludes so many people to the point that it's probably hard to put an event together.

Last edited by russc; 10-09-2012 at 05:38 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #164 (permalink)

It's easy. Anyone who plays just like me is right. Anyone who doesn't (or at least anyone who doesn't accept the innate superiority of my style, skill set and philosophy) is OBVIOUSLY wrong.

duh.
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #165 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post

What about open bolt pumps - such as the pump mag where the pump stroke is simply the length (width?) of the wave spring?
The cocking portion of the pump stroke may only be a fraction of an inch, but it still requires a full length stroke as you cannot fire until the arm has retracted below the breech of the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
stanchy, generally I'd agree that the definition should be relaxed for pump days.

In fact, I think pistols and magfed (strictly semi auto) should be welcome at pump days. Hell, I'd argue that it's better to just run limited paint days. They embody some of the same principles just in different forms. A standard open class T2 has more firepower on tap than a Milsig, for example, and we all know that the ergonomics of a milsim gun makes for a huge disadvantage in close-in gunfights. I also think that turning the pump only games into "limited paint" games allows more people to join in. Hell, a speedball gun with a 50 round hopper is pretty much neutered down to the level of an open class pump.

If I had to choose, I would prefer a 'stock class' day...12 grams optional. But that excludes so many people to the point that it's probably hard to put an event together.
Here here.

Some of the best days of play I have had was simply limited paint. It doesn't matter what gun you have, everyone is capped at 50 balls per game.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #166 (permalink)
The Man With No Plan

CCM Fan
PBN Fan
i agree on the limited paint and pistols being allowed for "pump days"

i was just making a deffinition of "pump" not so much an "event"

we do a pump AND pistol event, any semi is ok, if you have no more than 10rds in the hopper (i think thats the rule, might be more than that) but essentially your playing stick fed

if i hosted a "pump day"
i'd allow all pumps, any make/model/style/configuration
i'd allow mag fed markers (pistols, stbb's, tippy's, dont matter)
i'd allow electro/semi's with either 50rd hoppers or bigger hoppers fed by 10rd tubes

if i hosted a "pump tournament"
i'd go back to my first deffinition, plain and simple.
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #167 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:

I think you are right on the limited paint thing. I think the original intent of pump events was to cut down on paint in the air. However defining pump becomes, as you note, either restrictive or so technical as to be nearly impossible. If the intent is to allow less paint in the air limited paint may more readily accomplish this then defining it through marker limitations.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #168 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

For many years I was pump-only...and then adam45 built this for me:

It's basically the same playstyle. It's funny hearing kids say they can't afford a pump. Dude...those APP hoppers are what, five bucks?
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #169 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Gorgeous!

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #170 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
For many years I was pump-only...and then adam45 built this for me:

http://bushninjas.com/wp-content/upl...ed_automag.jpg

It's basically the same playstyle. It's funny hearing kids say they can't afford a pump. Dude...those APP hoppers are what, five bucks?
The best time in paintball for me was when I was playing with a 50(40 really) round hopper on my 98, could drive tacks with the thing, but 40ish paintballs for a 15 minute game can be tough, especially when you're just getting into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone