mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
a player like me
Can you define "a player like me"?

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
it was a trap, you fell for it.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
"Plays in Florida."

russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I play pump in order to mandate a slightly more relaxed game and atmosphere. When players around me seem to have goals that are mutually exclusive to that either they or I go somewhere else. Since we play at my house it tends to be them.

*IF* you want to play a game without the equipment arms race the only way you are going to do that is to provide identical (or random draw) equipment to players as they take the field. Random draw would be fun
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Bland

While I agree with a lot of the points here, one that sticks out the most is from Mike. I think that you really need to address where you're gonna be playing. I go to cheap night at a big field with a stock class marker because it's an extra challenge on top of already being an experienced player against a wide range of players. I would probably roll up to the speedball field and see how I fair, but I certainly wouldn't feel that confident about tagging a whole bunch of them.

One thing that I think is being forgotten is that a lot of competitive players shoot pumps to hone their snap-shooting skills, and their accuracy, because that's what pumps do. Even with an AT, your shots can still scatter everywhere if you don't know how to use it, and you may get two or three shots out of each snap. The guys that AT against the tourney ballers are really only playing fair. The guys that AT against a whole group of stock class players, well, that's a different story.
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #26 (permalink)

I think the point here is that why shoot 8 balls a second with A/T instead of using a mech. I don't personally care either way but If I play pump, its stock class. If I want to play open class with an A/T, I'd just as soon use a nice mech.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #27 (permalink)
Bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by o-baller View Post
I think the point here is that why shoot 8 balls a second with A/T instead of using a mech. I don't personally care either way but If I play pump, its stock class. If I want to play open class with an A/T, I'd just as soon use a nice mech.
In terms of tourney players who are doing it to perfect certain skills, it's so they don't get butt-raped while trying. As much as you guys want to say, "Yeah, I go on the airball field with a stock class Phantom and own everyone" you need to realized that not everyone is cut out to do that. I would say that a large portion of the guys who go out and AT the crap out of everyone are tourney ballers who spend 95% of their playing time with an electro.

That being said, if that's how they're gonna play on the rec ball field, I would much rather get a couple extra hits at 7 bps than a whole bunch at 15 bps.
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
In terms of tourney players who are doing it to perfect certain skills, it's so they don't get butt-raped while trying. As much as you guys want to say, "Yeah, I go on the airball field with a stock class Phantom and own everyone" you need to realized that not everyone is cut out to do that. I would say that a large portion of the guys who go out and AT the crap out of everyone are tourney ballers who spend 95% of their playing time with an electro.

That being said, if that's how they're gonna play on the rec ball field, I would much rather get a couple extra hits at 7 bps than a whole bunch at 15 bps.
Oh, by no means was I bashing it. I don't care what or how someone else plays paintball. I just personally don't think AT is very practical. I think if you're gonna use AT a bunch go with a mech semi. But I completely understand someone using AT and it doesn't bother me when someone else does it.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

I don't really care what people shoot. Go full auto, for all I care. I just scratch my head and wonder, "why?" when people play in pump only rec games and then try real hard to hit 8 bps or more. But unless there is a rule against it, I'm never going to tell someone not to do it, but I'll always wonder why.
Horizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I wonder why people go to pump because of "rampers" and argue that the BPS has gotten out of control and then do everything they can to create a BPS race with pumps. It strikes me as as hypocritical as when automag owners want mech only tournaments so they can have a BPS advantage.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone