mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #31 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players

its the golden rule, applied to our sport.

< / thread >
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #32 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
It's one thing to play against other pump players. It's another thing to face a player like me on the field, using a pump gun.

I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun. You had $700 in your wallet, you had the ability to purchase anything you wanted... you chose a pump gun... and that was your decision.

It comes down to how much do you want to physically restrict and limit yourself, when using pump. There is a very simple, "sliding scale" where you choose the marker that best suits your preferences for pump.

Want the ultra-challenge? Go stock class against seasoned veterans

Want the easiest pump play? Go autotrigger, with a Z2 & 68/4500

I think it's foolish to cast judgement, on someone else's preference because it's not "pure enough" for you. Just because you use stock class against a bunch of newbies at a church group, doesn't give you the right to attack someone using autotrigger on an XBall field against a D2 team.

Pick the gun based on your pump playing skill, and the skill level of your opponents. If you are Sonny Lopez, playing against some first timers, go with stock class. If you're facing players like me.... I strongly suggest a full setup with autotrigger, force feeding hopper and HPA.
I'm not sure if you intended it that way but it almost reads like "pump players are douches". Other than the "respect" paragraph I kinda agree with you. Put "paintball" in place of pump and you'll see what I'm saying.

Of course anyone trying to play pump for cred is likely an immature person, not saying they don't exist especially since its trendy right now but i'd say they're still the exception. I can count the times I've seen other pumpers at big events (outside of tournaments) and pump meets on one hand.

The A/T debate? Meh. That's a tired discussion. Play how you want, doesn't matter of its with a T8 or a Ego. I'll be much more impressed by how you act on the field versus what gear came out of your bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
I don't care what anyone uses to play - just don't be a douche to your fellow players

its the golden rule, applied to our sport.

< / thread >
Agreed!

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.

Last edited by Deuce; 07-25-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I'm not sure if you intended it that way but it almost reads like "pump players are douches". Other than the "respect" paragraph I kinda agree with you. Put "paintball" in place of pump and you'll see what I'm saying.

Of course anyone trying to play pump for cred is likely an immature person, not saying they don't exist especially since its trendy right now but i'd say they're still the exception. I can count the times I've seen other pumpers at big events (outside of tournaments) and pump meets on one hand.

The A/T debate? Meh. That's a tired discussion. Play how you want, doesn't matter of its with a T8 or a Ego. I'll be much more impressed by how you act on the field versus what gear came out of your bag.

Agreed!

I can't agree with you more. Gear =/= cred. Play pump if you want. Play mech or electro if you want. There are as many variables in different games played with paintball markers are there are in any sport out there. I know many fine players in Rec/Mil-sim/speedball/OC Pump/Stock class, and respect them all equally. There is no reason to disrespect someone based on the style of play that they pursue. It is play after all.

Rocking it for the Fringe Division!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fring...616810?fref=ts
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #34 (permalink)
I have two brass barrels!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have been playing since the early 90's. The paintball industry goes in trends and thats why we have what we have today. You start out with a pump paintball marker. Everyone is using them. People begin modding them because they want a higher performance and faster shooting marker. Lighter springs, autotrigger, shorter pump stroke. Then, the semi-auto marker is invented. Once again, its faster than a pump but the race is on to see who can make theres the fastest. Boom, electro markers hit and all of the sudden we reach our apex on a 50cps electro monster. Its too fast and makes games too quick so we find ways to make it more fun. Pump comes back. The cycle starts all over again. Auto-trigger, lighter springs, electro pump. It won't be very long before mechs make a come back. Everything goes in a huge circle. Thats why so many things in life always revert back to a retro design every ten years or so. We reach an apex and then start over again. Its how we are in nature. We can't leave something pure, we have to make it "better" and thus why we go in a huge circle.
In my honest opinion to the OP, they are still pumps. They are just different ways of pumping. This is nothing new, its the way it has always been. If you want a true way of playing that limits everyone, you have to limit paint. If you don't, its in our nature that everyone is just going to want to make a faster, smoother, and shorter pump. I can't remember the last time someone wanted to be the guy that makes the "slowest" paintball marker. That would be too cool lol.
Dawg047 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #35 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

What can be said for pump guns, can be said for all pump guns-

1) Don't expect any respect because you use a __________ gun
2) Don't get mad if your opponents don't ease up on you, because you are using a ______ gun
3) If you decided to purchase a ________ gun, don't flaunt it in your opponents face if you shoot them out with it
4) If you get shot out because you are using a _________ gun, don't walk up to your opponent and tell them "You only shot me out because I was using a _______ gun"
5) Don't cast judgement, or mock, or jeer at someone because you use a _______ gun, and they use something other than you.

Pump snobs are the same as spoolie snobs, or poppet snobs.

Pump snobs think their method of pump is better because __________
Spoolie snobs thing their particular spoolie is better because _________
Poppet snobs think their particular poppet is better because _________

Maybe it's just an observation, but players that tend to focus more on being a "snob" than getting better at playing paintball, usually are the first to put their hand in the air in a game.

People make way too big of a deal about pump guns. What they can't do on the field, they tend to try to "make up for it" on the internet.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #36 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
Can you define "a player like me"?

You know when you go to a field, and see that player that never runs out of paint, never gets tired, is always on the field, and always a threat to the other team?

That's "a player like me", and Florida is full of them.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #37 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
What can be said for pump guns, can be said for all pump guns-

1) Don't expect any respect because you use a __________ gun
2) Don't get mad if your opponents don't ease up on you, because you are using a ______ gun
3) If you decided to purchase a ________ gun, don't flaunt it in your opponents face if you shoot them out with it
4) If you get shot out because you are using a _________ gun, don't walk up to your opponent and tell them "You only shot me out because I was using a _______ gun"
5) Don't cast judgement, or mock, or jeer at someone because you use a _______ gun, and they use something other than you.

Pump snobs are the same as spoolie snobs, or poppet snobs.

Pump snobs think their method of pump is better because __________
Spoolie snobs thing their particular spoolie is better because _________
Poppet snobs think their particular poppet is better because _________

Maybe it's just an observation, but players that tend to focus more on being a "snob" than getting better at playing paintball, usually are the first to put their hand in the air in a game.

People make way too big of a deal about pump guns. What they can't do on the field, they tend to try to "make up for it" on the internet.
That's what I thought you were saying, it was just the wording that was...off.

Again, insert 'paintball' in place of 'pump' and I agree. Elitist posers come in all flavors.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #38 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Hmmm this seems to be good hunting grounds for trolls...............

This debate is really fruitless and utterly pointless. Pick up whatever thing you want to shoot and enjoy the sport, hobby, or whatever term you deem manly enough to call touch tag.

Bill and Ted said it best,"Be excellent to each other and PARTY ON DUDE!"

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
You know when you go to a field, and see that player that never runs out of paint, never gets tired, is always on the field, and always a threat to the other team?

That's "a player like me", and Florida is full of them.
This is the type of player I love to play against. I love the challenge and love anyone who can make me a better player.
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
More like people make to big of a deal about paintball guns in general. I bought a baseball glove 2 years ago and still use it. Used the previous one 9 years. Buying a new one won't help me, but that is something paintball players don't understand

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone