The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
ye olde bastid

Looks this like conversation went off the rails a while ago - check the first post - but with that said, I find it bizarre that folks willingly define themselves as one type of player vs another. And feel that others are snobs and DBs. Yes there will always be those in most large groups but that is true no matter what the sport or subset.

I understand there are those that have never played pump or have never owned an electro, but your equipment shouldn't necessarily define you as a player. I own every type of marker and adjust my game and equipment to the particular situation. I am a paintball player and I try to exhibit good sportsmanship in all situations.

I am not a pump player, but I love playing pump. I am not a speedballer, but I can sling paint if I need to. I am not a mil-sim guy, but I have all the gear to mix it up in the woods with that crowd. I am proud to be just a paintball player. Folks should be open to try different things and open to what other people want to try. Spice of life baby.
~this is the sig~

TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
One thing that I think is being forgotten is that a lot of competitive players shoot pumps to hone their snap-shooting skills, and their accuracy, because that's what pumps do. Even with an AT, your shots can still scatter everywhere if you don't know how to use it, and you may get two or three shots out of each snap. The guys that AT against the tourney ballers are really only playing fair. The guys that AT against a whole group of stock class players, well, that's a different story.
Maybe they are honing their AT aiming skills.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Damnit. There are few things (in paintball) more dirty than the feeling you get when you actually agree with something Mike says.

Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
I have been paintballing since 2001. I have gone full circle and I am now back to a CCI Phantom . What I see from a pump " IMO " is as a player you don't start railing the trigger and zero in on the mark while you shoot and every shot counts, " IMO " pumps seem to be more accurate .
I think this is the exact sentiment that leads to threads like this.

Many of you expend way, way more paint playing pump than I do with my semi. Some of you have personally provided video evidence of this.

Doing so tends to reduce this notion of "not railing on the trigger" (you're now just railing on the pump, or railing on both the pump and the trigger).

It also tends to reduce this notion of "accuracy" because you wouldn't need the 10 followup shots if the first 2 actually found their mark, and railing on that pump to get that ROF reduces your accuracy.

With those two knocked out, it starts making you wonder what exactly is going on.

Technically, we already have a definition of 'pump'.

It's the connotation of 'pump' that people are hung up on.
He posts videos of himself on Youtube never leaving the furthest back bunker.
Even when playing against rental noobs, he is immobilized.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Threads like this start out fine then turns to almost player bashing and the paintball communies image takes a hit.

Shoot whatever gets you back onto the field whatever field that may be. You automatically get respect for stepping onto the field weather its first time or hundrenth time, you are supporting and helping keep our sport going. How you act after you are on/off the field is where you will lose or gain more respect.

As far as "a player like me" I get what being said but it just doesn't sit well.

A player like me check list
7+5 pack(wont run out of paint) - check
stop at a bunker for a min( not tired anymore) - check
see above (can stay on the field) - check
paintball gun and see above (threat to other team)

I'm not bashing anyone I get what being said work hard practice hard make sure you are making shots count.

My reality for a player like me
carry as much or little paint as I want to (I know I can run out of paint) - check
phisically tired mentally pumped to be here(not tired anymore) - check
enjoying playing paintball( staying on the field) - check
paintball gun and see above (threat to the other team) - check

I step onto the paintball field expecting to get shot, I also step onto the paintball feild attempting to shoot them before they shoot me. I enjoy playing because it doesn't matter what your size, age, gender or experience is you are hold the "great equilizer". Pump, semi or electro, $100 or a $1000 your paintball gun has the same ability; hurl a roughly .68 caliber spherical ball down the field at 200ish miles an hour. I think it’s safe to say that everyone on here enjoys playing paintball, and it would be nice to see that shine through.

Have a great day everyone. Wish I was playing paintball now. And I know there was alot of blah blah blah in my post.
Dknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #45 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Anyone have recommendations on the strongest threadlocking compound?
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Anyone have recommendations on the strongest threadlocking compound?

let me think . . . how can we add it in?

*runs away to make popcorn*
DSA: You know you were a kept kid if you jacked off to Frazetta barbarian babes!
There I was sword in hand!

Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #47 (permalink)
MCB Member

^ easy unban cockerpunk and say something against the democrats... I remember those days in the off topic section on
My MCB feedback:

ANS X5 cocker FS

Misc Sale:

FS PMI 68 Magnum

Parts: Palmer's male/inline stab, cci 12g bucket changer. Left feed sterling body with detent.
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #48 (permalink)
Old. Geek. Paintballer.

Palmers Fan
On topic, I think it's still a pump if you are pumping to put a ball in the chamber, with maybe the exception of the pneumatic assist pumps (which are dang cool).

AND, could someone post a video of someone pumping 8bps with auto-trigger please? I've heard the legends of players like that, but I've never seen one.

Last edited by NoForts4Me; 07-25-2012 at 05:40 PM.
NoForts4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #49 (permalink)

Originally Posted by NoForts4Me View Post
Could someone post a video of a pumper pumping 8bps with auto-trigger please? Thanks.
Here ya go not sure on the full speed but I've seen many a mech that couldnt shoot that fast. I know this was done as part of a contest for speed but as pointed out before how is this AT style of play really any different from running with a mech other than that technically its a 2 part trigger mechanism having to hold the trigger down then rocking the pump back and forth as if it was a slider trigger on a semi cocker.

One hella fast AT

Last edited by IrishRedneck86; 07-25-2012 at 05:53 PM.
IrishRedneck86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
I Am The Admin
Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
That's shooting slow in that video. He could speed it up by pulling the pump handle forward actually.

I'm one of those people you really don't want to be on the other end of my AT when I really use it. I don't talk it up, but if you ask around, folks that know will verify that statement.

Now is a modern day pump gun still a pump? Yes.

But we also hold our own against folks with semi's. We aren't afraid to join up with tournaments where we have these high end pumps, and no one else does. Do we win? No... But we come in above average, so it's not too shabby.

Comparing a modern day pump to a nelspot is like comparing today's Ferrari with the Model-T. Are those both cars? Yes. But they are so different... You're not sitting there saying the Ferrari shouldn't be considered a REAL car, because it's too advanced? So why bother doing that with a pump gun?

Seems like a petty argument that gets dragged up now-and-then. If you want to have a purist Model-T car rally, then by all means, go ahead. Get out your splatmasters and relive the 80's. But don't tell the rest of us that we're doing it wrong because we enjoy the modern conveniences that technology has given us.
Follow me on G+ For Non-Paintball Banter
Sailing Blog -
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply » Paintball » The Dead Zone