mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan

New PB Nation Feedback
Old PBNation Feedback
Tdotballers Feedback
MCB Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrekel View Post
Hey - we are not "Nation"
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
Paintball is far too aggressive for the olympics.
Boxing
Fencing
Judo
Taekwondo
Wrestling

All combat sports.
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

Haha. No, seriously, that sounds like an interesting format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
kospauste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

considering the amount of cheaters vs the amount of excitement, i'd sooner watch curling.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

You stop cheating by simply having a ratio of 1:1 referees to players. It doesn't work in our current formats because it would require a lot more manpower to run an event. But for something like X-games or the Olympics, with all that sports technology all over the place, something could be devised.

You just need to change it up so you're not relying on the competitors to call the outs. (Can you imagine Olympic basketball if it was a "call your own foul" format?) It has to be a call coming from an official every time.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayCare View Post
Boxing
Fencing
Judo
Taekwondo
Wrestling

All combat sports.
Way different. Sparring and shooting at eachother are two totally different things.

2 countries shooting and yelling at eachother just would not look good to the rest of the world. The olympics is the time where the world comes together.
Why would they have an event which can be so easily misinterpreted as a "wargame" at a peacefull competition?
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Way different. Sparring and shooting at eachother are two totally different things.

2 countries shooting and yelling at eachother just would not look good to the rest of the world. The olympics is the time where the world comes together.
Why would they have an event which can be so easily misinterpreted as a "wargame" at a peacefull competition?
Not really but I do see where you're coming from. It has a lot to do with attitude. I'm sure we can all agree that the average tourny player has a huge d-bag factor going on.

If you look at the combat sports (even MMA) the average person taking part may have a big ego, but they also show good sportsmanship. That sportsmanship is often the key missing element in competetive paintball and its what makes a given sport fun to watch.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

we play "Tag" with hi-tech toys! to "kill" a guy and have a beer with him later is...well, bomb! Our game does not work on TV, so it will always be a fringe sport! I like the fringe! if your not livin' on the edge...your takin' up too much space!
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
When playing airball on a regulation field it hardly looks like any kind of "wargame".

Besides, combat sports were part of the Olympic games as early as 648 B.C. It's easy to point at all the one-on-one combat sports now and say they're different in some way. But what about at the inaugural (International Olympic Committee) games in 1896, which also included fencing?

People often cite the Olympics as being some sort of peaceful event. That's true insofar as there's a truce called by all warring nations for the games. But the games themselves have never even been supposed to be a peaceful thing. They're very competitive.

Article: The Olympic contradiction: peacefully celebrating our warlike nature | Opinion | The Seattle Times

There are reasons why paintball won't be easily included in the Olympics, but I'm not buying the fact that it's too harsh of a "warlike" image as one of those reasons.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
You stop cheating by simply having a ratio of 1:1 referees to players. It doesn't work in our current formats because it would require a lot more manpower to run an event. But for something like X-games or the Olympics, with all that sports technology all over the place, something could be devised.

You just need to change it up so you're not relying on the competitors to call the outs. (Can you imagine Olympic basketball if it was a "call your own foul" format?) It has to be a call coming from an official every time.
yeah, yeah, more cameras, more referees, blah, blah, blah, every time i made those suggestions here they get dismissed by other members.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone