mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to panhead4411

Sad to see places like this go away...makes me long for the days there was a shop not at a field near me...
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Paintball Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Yes he has closed up shop but don't worry too much man.....just be patient with him right now, he is a stand up guy and is trying to get everyone with equipment in there done.He will be contacting you soon about it. If he doesn't contact you by Oct. 1st let me know and I 'll contact him.
Awesome. Thanks Chaos. I appreciate you filling me in.

Feedback

"Come on you apes. You want to live forever?" -Johnny Rico
"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed." -Stephen King, The Gunslinger
packersrule729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
12 year hiatus over...

Damn that depresses me. Was going to stop in and see him... haven't seen him since he had the Friendly Fire annex and was thrilled to find he was still around after all these years. My pride and joy black mag was his personnel gun. First black Teflon body mag around.
justme- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Paintball Luddite

I agree. Great place to go to for the niche stuff that I love. Sad and surprising that its gone

Feedback

"Come on you apes. You want to live forever?" -Johnny Rico
"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed." -Stephen King, The Gunslinger
packersrule729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Monster Ball lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I heard he's moving to an internet only store now.
Have you any idea if said website is still coming along, or up already on another server? Because the previous URL leads to nothing now. It's been too long; I'm beginning to get worried they aren't going to put it up at all.
Qoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoph View Post
Have you any idea if said website is still coming along, or up already on another server? Because the previous URL leads to nothing now. It's been too long; I'm beginning to get worried they aren't going to put it up at all.
I doubt he's going to do that anytime soon. I had lunch with Paul a couple of weeks ago and asked him about clearing out his remaining stock.

The long and the short of it is he's busy with a full time job and just doesn't have the time do anything else right now.

To answer the OP's question; the simple truth is there just wasn't any business coming into the store anymore. Between the economy and more and more people buying from the internet business got really slow. Paul and I went to high school together and we've been friends ever since (25 years)...I helped him out at the store since before X-mas 2011 to closing. I really wanted to see it turn around but it never happened. There were days that nobody came into the store. It really sucks, but there you go.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Monster Ball lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
Between the economy and more and more people buying from the internet business got really slow. There were days that nobody came into the store. It really sucks, but there you go.
I saw someone in there already or coming in every time I was there. I guess those were the days to be there. I much prefer buying from a shop because you can see what you're buying first, you get lots of insight, and if that's not enough, you get a free fill on your tank when you buy one. Also, it's really difficult to find fresh balls in the sports stores and worst of all they don't fill HPA. I know it's all been said before and it really doesn't matter because the masses find it easier to shop online, even though they have to get out there at some point in order to play.
Qoph is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone