mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #121 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The thing is, to break holds, firing huge strings like that is not necessary. All you need is the bodies to push with that are firing regularly, no ropes needed. I bet strongholds get pushed back in the same manner in pump games..am i wrong? Heck, last year at Tippmann, my squad that was running 1 pistol, 1 old mech spyder (with one hand in a cast), and 2 pumps with a couple other guys in the back took and held the 'grinder' for a good while.

But to the video in this case...the way he mocks the guy he overshot (near West Point) says about all there is to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Talked to one of the mercs this weekend and he had some thoughts on improving that tower. Too many people get cornered / stuck in there and the windows are way to low. I personally try not to go in many of the buildings, especially if there isn't an exit at both ends.
That grating is also terrible to walk on in cleats...i went up one to switch the flag once...stayed out of them after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
They also tried to bring back a monthly "old school" semi game (pumps / semis, no batteries...etc) but turn out was too low.
Dang, too bad i don't live closer or i woulda tried to boost the numbers.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #122 (permalink)
Barned

What a retard. There were some fools like this at richmond paintball the other day, and we were playing some various games, and every single game all they did was put their guns on PSP and hose down spawn the entire game so you were trapped on one side of the map. Later, we played king of the hill and those two guys plus some others cheated the entire time, constantly being hit, up to the point where the ref went in and all the guys inside the hill had to call themselves out because they were cheating. IMO they should've been kicked for the day. Players like this just ruin the game for everybody, and nobody likes them because of what they do. What do they have to gain from this? Testostorone overloads? Your not cool just because your that loner guy with his high end space dildo and your speedball pants and jersey on...
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #123 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

PPS Fan
Just gonna drop this comment and run . . . This game looks like it needs limited paint
Old 09-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #124 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Weasel View Post
Just gonna drop this comment and run . . . This game looks like it needs limited paint
As long as people are willing to keep attending these big hose fests, paintball field owners are going to supply them. Supply and Demand.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #125 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Soldier View Post
I know this guy personally and play with him at least once a month. I have never been overshot by him nor have I seen him overshoot anyone else. Yes, he is a paint hose I'm not denying that, but he is in control of the hosing. He is a respectful player and a good sport.

I do understand the position you guys are coming from, I'm just stating that this is not what it seems.
I didn't watch the whole video; only the two sore points at 2:22 and 6:08 and some spots here and there.

I'm inclined to believe you. I actually didn't see overshooting of any player.

He might have overshot someone at 6:08; I can't tell. If they're both behind brush and at a distance, it's natural to just send a lot of paint through the brush and to make up for loss of accuracy.

Other instances he seems perfectly good natured and tells his own guys to let the dead players out.

He communicates and covers his teammates.

The only "problem" here is he shoots a lot of paint. I don't actually see someone getting overshot, people here who have played with him say they've never been overshot with him. So all you really have here is a guy who shoots too much paint at a bunch of nothing. How many nerve endings are there on the side of a bunker? None. So who cares?

If I had a problem with that, I'd have a problem with the vast majority of paintball players, period.

Oh wait, I already do.

Unfortunately, this happens to be the only way I am legally allowed to shoot such people, so it's something of a felix culpa.

IOW, it doesn't make me want to not shoot them. It makes me want to shoot them more.
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.

Last edited by GoatBoy; 09-06-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #126 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
As long as people are willing to keep attending these big hose fests, paintball field owners are going to supply them. Supply and Demand.
I know, just wishful thinking. Big games would kick so much *** if they were slightly less of the hosefests that they currently are.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #127 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I know you were joking but you may have a point. Should it be any surprise that a generation that grew up with "cheat codes" is willing to cheat?
I know I'm a little late to the party here but I grew up using cheat codes especially on doom (idkfa iddqd begining of every level) but their are plenty of us that do realize there is a difference between video games and real life. I cheated in video games so i can have more fun in the game I don't cheat on the field because where is the fun in that?

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."

http://www.tjdcustomhobbies.com
Old 09-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #128 (permalink)
dragshank

Yes, the paintball sniper is coming to get him, soon. If I were on that field, and IF I had a scoped SR-1, me, climb up in tree, shoot, one shot. I think the first strike, once it becomes more widespread, will take care of hosers.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #129 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoman View Post
Yes, the paintball sniper is coming to get him, soon. If I were on that field, and IF I had a scoped SR-1, me, climb up in tree, shoot, one shot. I think the first strike, once it becomes more widespread, will take care of hosers.
Except most fields don't let you climb trees/bunkers/cars/ect. And that's a lot of IFs. And this guy isn't really a problem.

Jay

Best Field in STL
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #130 (permalink)
Brady "B-DAZL" Coleman

CCM Fan
Maybe someone already said this.... I didn't read all 13 pages of comments...

But, did anyone notice the beginning of the video??

"Brought to you by PBNation"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

They are probably praising this guy over there

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone