mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #141 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

All I saw was hopper. (oh and paint hitting right next to him from some guy giving "cover" fire). I laughed.

I personally don't like big games, I've only been to one, but it wasn't my thing. There is just something about playing with friends only and seeing your buddy on the other team and throwing some paint at him and yelling at him, while he fires back at you and yells back at you.

To me THAT is paintball, course that also explains why I pretty much only play at my own private field too.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #142 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
..I prefer a nice day of rec-ball anyday.
+1 big dog.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
that having been said - and as mentioned - I dislike bullies - and oftentimes new players feel bullied or even get bullied by those who have substantially more skill and firepower.
Every single sport on this earth has new players forced to face fierce competition their first few times out. This increased pressure forces us to learn quicker and adapt by bettering our game. Paintball is no different.

Facing down more experienced players is one way that the new people get separated into two groups:

1. Those who take a few hits, feel a bit of pain, back down & go home and cry to mommy. These will be the ones who never return.

2. Those who will rise to the challenge, take their lumps, and come back next time with the resolve to make themselves better because they love paintball and want to commit themselves.

Which one would YOU want playing alongside you?

Enough of this "let's coddle the beginners" crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy Ever View Post
Then this video wasn't a good one to use as an example. This was a big game. Big games are, by definition, different than a walk on game. So showing a person shooting a consistent 12.5 bps, ramping or otherwise, during a big game (Has anyone actually been to D-Day recently...?), and saying that his kind of play is what's killing the sport is really out there. I know that there are going to be haters, and for some, they just don't get it. And that is fine, because for some, the idea of taking out a stock class marker that only gets around 25 shots before the air tank has to be replaced, and holds around 20 shots, just does not make sense either. Instead of bagging on the guy for playing and having fun, which is why I play paintball, regardless if I am out at a rec game, a big game, a scenario game, or a tournament.

Oh, and the part about bagging on the guys that play tournament ball, and take like 14 pods and their hopper, it's 2180 shots in a 7 minute max game, compared to final battles that last 30 to 60 minutes, and those take out around 50 pods. You do the math, determine who is shooting more, per minute or even second, and figure out the difference between 7 people opposite you, that when eliminated, stand in the corner, not shooting, versus 500+ that when they get eliminated go back to where they started, and come right back at you.

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER; 09-07-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
I'm pretty tired of being shot a dozen times by a kid with a wizz-bang gun. I am SO over hearing kids whine about getting shot.
I'm over hearing old men whine about it too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
What a retard. There were some fools like this at richmond paintball the other day, and we were playing some various games, and every single game all they did was put their guns on PSP and hose down spawn the entire game so you were trapped on one side of the map.
So you were within range of their paint then... Newsflash, they're within range of yours too. Quit whining about it and adapt your game or expect to lose, just like any other sport.

Quote:
Your not cool just because your that loner guy with his high end space dildo and your speedball pants and jersey on...
What if he was shooting a full auto Tippmann and wearing BDUs? Would your reaction be the same? I'll bet you a million dollars it wouldn't be.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER; 09-07-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #145 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think anyone playing at a big game isn't going to throw their ego on ebay, because they took a couple hits during a scenario game. If this was recball, it would be a different story. I like when people shoot at me like this, call me crazy, but it makes it more intense and when I one shot them out of a pump it is all the more satisfying.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Old 09-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmak View Post
I like when people shoot at me like this, call me crazy, but it makes it more intense and when I one shot them out of a pump it is all the more satisfying.

That's the attitude more stock class players should have. Instead of whining about getting shot at, show & prove. You pump guys always talk tough about one-balling the electro players, so let's see it!

I'll be the first one to congratulate a pumper for eliminating me.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #147 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post

What if he was shooting a full auto Tippmann and wearing BDUs? Would your reaction be the same? I'll bet you a million dollars it wouldn't be.
Why does this keep coming up? If you're hosing like a douchebag, it doesn't matter what you're shooting.

As for just sucking it up, raising our game to their level and shooting back, that's like telling rec league hockey players to stop complaining about the guys playing like it's game 7 overtime, taking it a little too serious and checking just a little too hard. Does paintball need to be XXXXTREEEEEME to be fun?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #148 (permalink)

Imagine for a moment that basketball was still a niche activity, and that any kid who wanted to play could play, but that there was usually only one game about once a month in their city and that young kids were expected to play with full-grown men, and when they were knocked down or elbowed it was "just part of the game."

Do you see that sport ever doing much growing?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #149 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post

That's the attitude more stock class players should have. Instead of whining about getting shot at, show & prove. You pump guys always talk tough about one-balling the electro players, so let's see it!

I'll be the first one to congratulate a pumper for eliminating me.

hes gonna be at a big game tomorrow that im attending.. if I get him out with the DSG or DRV you all have to stop whining

but I know him he shoots a lot cause hes in it to win it..
The cost really doesn't matter to him he just sprays till he wins..a lot of times he does just that.

hes an Accuracy by volume type of guy and hell when ROF is whatever you want it to be why not..

Im the only guy with a pistol at my home field and most people(like 85-95% besides the rentals) shoot electros. So im use to this kinda stuff coming back at me on a rec ball kinda day. I just tough it out, I enjoy the bigger challenge.

This isnt life or death its paintball. Im out, ill be back in eventually.

Big games? expect lots of paint..pretty much how it is.

MCB FEEDBACK

Facebook Page

Last edited by 4G010H3R0; 09-07-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #150 (permalink)

CCM Fan
A few people have mentioned making 18+ only fields, that's unfair to the minority of 14 year old players who play with their brain instead of their testosterone.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone