mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #191 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
As I said before, if you choose not to avail yourself of the technology that's available to you, that's perfectly OK. Where I start to get annoyed is when the same people who say they "don't want/need an electro" do nothing but constantly whine about getting shot by electros. Either keep up with the joneses and buy a newer gun, or adjust your game to compensate for your lack of firepower and quit complaining like a bitch. Period.

Not wimps, more like the "get off my lawn you damn kids with your electric guns and padded clothes" type of old man...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-32lQx3pJkN...FF-MY-LAWN.jpg
Keep on trolling. Please.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #192 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

All snakesniper does is troll...

Or flame...

haters gonna hate, and trolls, well...
Old 09-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #193 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
As I said before, if you choose not to avail yourself of the technology that's available to you, that's perfectly OK. Where I start to get annoyed is when the same people who say they "don't want/need an electro" do nothing but constantly whine about getting shot by electros. Either keep up with the joneses and buy a newer gun, or adjust your game to compensate for your lack of firepower and quit complaining like a bitch. Period.

Not wimps, more like the "get off my lawn you damn kids with your electric guns and padded clothes" type of old man...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-32lQx3pJkN...FF-MY-LAWN.jpg
I think you misread (if you read it at all) my message to you. It was not so much a polite request as it was direction: this subject can be discussed with civility.

Please take some time to consider this during your brief hiatus from the forum. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottallen1986 View Post
Screw that mess, I'm a bush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Anyone not wanting to BE Mar is doing it wrong.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #194 (permalink)
Post Whore

What are "joneses"? Like jonas as i jonas brothers? They are cute!
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 09-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #195 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

I am embarrassed to be a paintballer sometimes. Let me give you an example: the chrono station when someone is letting their electro rip for a whole hopper. I always tend to look at the renters (yeah, I'm a rubbernecker), and 90% of the time they have a look of absolute fear or dismay.
So why am I embarrassed? I'm embarrassed because this is not fair for them!

If we can't lay off our trigger finger in rec games there won't be anyone to play against anymore.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #196 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
My son falls into this category. He started to play at the age of ten. When he was eleven I took him to his first 8hr scenario. He was hanging at the back of the field behind a small shack waiting for me to reinsert. I witnessed a guy pop out from the other side of the shack less than ten feet from my son and unleash a rope full of lazorz titz and moneyz into my son. My son has not played since and he turns 15 this november. I pointed the guy out to a ref whom later told me that he pulled the guy for unleashing half of a hopper into a bunkered group of kids, when the ref pulled him he also chrono'd him and the guy was shooting over 300 when field fps was 280. They actually kicked the idiot from the field that day.
So someone that had the latest technology ruined the sport for multiple beginners that day.. As others have stated it is not about technology, it is about self control.

One of my favorite memories was from a spring castle at emr a few years ago. I was defending and had myself a great spot in the castle courtyard shooting up at the tank over the far corner. One ball after one ball sent attackers back for over thirty minutes.. Then, I forget what team, it was but a defender comes over with his high tech gat and unleashes his hopper everywhere but the one foot wide gap I was shooting through. I laugh at him ask him to get out of my way and continue to one ball the attackers with my 98. ( went with a cocker it last about ten minutes before I went and grabbed my tippy ). High tech doesn't mean anything when it come to self control..
Old 09-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #197 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to WillyW0nka

I'm sorry but was this video from a scenario game or a pickup game of rec ball? It looked a lot like a scenario game to me. If someone picks up a G6r and runs in to a rec game of renters and destroys them then sure you have a reason to be upset but that's not what happened at all.

It seems to me like the people whining in this thread are complaining about something that they personally don't like but is still socially acceptable to the majority of paintball players and fields. Maybe having a couple of guys with deep pockets that actually like to shoot a lot of paint at a large scenario event isn't "the problem with paintball", maybe it's people that like to sit behind a keyboard and cry about how paintball is no longer fun, the sport is ruined, nobody cares about the game anymore and it's everyone's fault but their own.

Good sportsmanship is getting out when you're hit, using legal equipment that's been chrono'd, saying good game whether you win or lose and not throwing a tantrum when things don't go your way. It doesn't go past that. The type of equipment someone chooses to play with and how much paint they use is completely irrelevant because that's a PREFERENCE and it's ENTIRELY their right to do so as long as they're not breaking any rules.

The price of paint and the cost of the electronic setup is going to keep big games like these from becoming a rope slinging festival. There are always just going to be the handful of guys that do this, but they're pretty damn helpful in getting players to move up the field.

To sit and complain about a guy like Mike, who is a very proactive person in the game of paintball and spends a lot of his personal time trying to help out other people, just shows your own immaturity as you jump to conclusions and judge someone you don't know.

This website went from being a resourceful place that appealed people interested in older aspects of the sport. Now it's a place to rant and complain about new players and Pbnation. Who's immature now?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #198 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

I feel fairly comfortable with my statements WillyWonka - though both sides of the fence had some harsh words here. and I stand by the statement that tossing paint is one thing - but - blind clearing cqb with as much paint as was flying can be dangerous - I believe I made that stand fairly clear.

Throwing paint, using tech - /shrug whatever floats your boat. Dangerous use of that firepower - such as blind clearing at close range, ripping on noobs to a higher degree (not related to the video just a clarification of a pint) those are the issues I have.

as to complaining about Mike - I think my complaint stands - the clearing was excessive. but I never did single out Mike as far as I know. It is when we single out that it becomes something this forum scrutinizes.

As for Snake, some of us trolled a troll which is not right either - but he was making some rather vehement statements for which he appears to have been temp banned.

There are many different playstyles - I see no problems with a playstyle directly - all I ask is - can we not show some kindness to those with less skill, experience, firepower during rec games so that our sport can grow at a faster rate?

/salute

my mcb feedback
Old 09-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #199 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
I am embarrassed to be a paintballer sometimes. Let me give you an example: the chrono station when someone is letting their electro rip for a whole hopper. I always tend to look at the renters (yeah, I'm a rubbernecker), and 90% of the time they have a look of absolute fear or dismay.

If we can't lay off our trigger finger in rec games there won't be anyone to play against anymore.
Ah...!

This is what I liken this situation to...

Unwarranted intimidation.

The subject matter is a dick because of his employment of unwarranted intimidation. He's not "playing" paintball. He's shooting things, hundreds of times. To the effect of startling his own team mates, and viewers of his video of the the events.

I mean, really... I don't care if he's engaging a bunch of players with that. I use high-end electros to that effect. And I'm not going to complain that he "overshoots players". I definitely did not see him shoot a single ANYTHING other than dirt and wall.

Nonetheless, the errant and uncontrollable shooting is annoying and is not desirable in our game/sport/olympic triathlon. And I would not want to play on the same field, or even the same team, as him.

Snipersnack's ideal is that we should be allowed to utilize our equipment to the technological limit at the drop of the hat. I question the wisdom here... And also the shortsightedness with just the engineers that read this discussion... Every player has a line in the sand where they would say things are "out of hand". If you don't know where that line is for you, there are dozens of players here that can help you find it!

The wiser you are, the more empathetic of other players you are, the lower that bar is for technology.

TLDR:

This guy is the ultimate paintball stormtrooper. Shoots a lot. Hits nothing. Looks scary... Can you find redeemable qualities there? Extrapolate.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #200 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post

This is a *great* example, and one that I was going to cite but decided to omit until someone else brought it up.

The chrono station is the one place where someone will rip off a string of paint and be nearly absolutely, positively guaranteed to not hit a single person with anything.

How shooting at nothing, and hitting nothing, to no end goal, in a context which isn't even a game in the first place, is unfair to noobs, I have no idea.

Noobs gonna be noobs.

If we're gonna censure intimidation, we should censure the Spyder MR1. Yes, the Spyder MR1. I remember once there was a party, and one of the kids brought a Spyder MR1, and the rest of the kids were all in awe and intimidated by it.

Of course, all of us here know that the Spyder MR1 is just another junk blowback marker, in the junk tradition of all blowback markers ever created, but hey, the kids were intimidated, so why let reality interfere with our objectives?
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.

Last edited by GoatBoy; 09-08-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone