mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #211 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah j mean its pretty available i just think it would be cool too see it devided at several big venues. Private groups are a good way i think
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 09-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #212 (permalink)
PUMP FOR LIFE

i dont see an adult field changing anything. The worst guys that i have played with have been 20-40 years old. the best way to fix your problem keebler (IMO) is to find friends with your playing style, and people at your field that have the same playing style and make a private group.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #213 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

So why did the original video bug me?
Hmmm...
I didn't, really. See my previous post to see what I had to say. I thought bits of it were odd, and that he used more paint than I would have (or could have). But he's playin' different than I do. My old mech-semi can go through a hopper pretty quickly, but I challenge myself to limit my paint use. I find it a very satisfying way to play.

My issue with some kids is that there are a lot of parents who think a paintball field is day-care. I was at a local field. I got stuck near the back, and a 13-year-old kid looks at me and shouts "MOVE UP!" I said "NO!" I then yelled at a guy with a flat-line barrel to target a bunker to get the fire off of me, then looked at the kid. "NOW MOVE UP!" After that we had a great time.

When I played at the same field in their 8-hour scenario game I won a door prize (like $50 at a local pb shop), I gave it to a kid who had played really well (he was all rental equip, but a really good kid, very sportsman-like - he also shot me about six times that day).

I even like to get in with a group of fresh newbie walk-ons and show them a few tricks I have picked up since my first game in 1990. It's a BLAST to take these guys through the woods and flank the other team, or to take the castle. They are all smiles and I KNOW they will be back.

As for the guy emptying a hopper on the crony range... It's really just psychological warfare. He's sending a message “I can do this to you”. It's not really “Unfair”, but I can think of better ways to prove one's abilities. If I see this, and I see it has effected a newbie I'll point out that that is why you stay in motion – that guy can only hit stationary targets. It gives the newbies some relief and is a small bit of my own psychological counter-measures.

A note. NEW players are the future of our game. They often have parents who see some of the ball-slinging craziness and decide not to let their little darling get involved in such a pastime, and the game losses a player.

If you wanna rune ropes of paint at a tourney - rock on! You wanna pump a case into the side of a bunker – good on ya! But I find bind-fire, wiping, and overshooting to be in poor taste. Physical contact between players (i.e. fighting, shoving, etc...) and excessive cursing (we've all dropped a few bombs) really have no place in Paintball.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #214 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc scpaintballer View Post
i dont see an adult field changing anything. The worst guys that i have played with have been 20-40 years old
I have to agree. As a field owner who has seen approx. 100,000 players over the last years, the vast majority of douchebags have definitely been over 18. Half my customer base these days is under 18, but I have a lot less problems with them being douches, overly aggressive, over shooting, belligerent, all that stuff that sucks the fun out of the game for everyone else.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #215 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
My son falls into this category. He started to play at the age of ten. When he was eleven I took him to his first 8hr scenario. He was hanging at the back of the field behind a small shack waiting for me to reinsert. I witnessed a guy pop out from the other side of the shack less than ten feet from my son and unleash a rope full of lazorz titz and moneyz into my son. My son has not played since and he turns 15 this november. ...
I hate to think how many times I've witnessed this.. just think of the kids whose first experience to the game was unpleasant because of some random emo dbag. (or team of dbags for that matter) I know real sports go to great lengths to protect the kids from guys like ^ this... It just goes to show how far paintball has to go.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #216 (permalink)

I used to see this type of play quite often at my local field, they recently started splitting up the rentals and self-equipped players. i must admit i had a short stage in my paintball life where i hosed paint a little bit, no where near as bad as this guy though.

i usually find it funny that they buy some of the most expensive markers available but shoot the cheapest paint that bounces and causes jams. my electro is for sale because i do not find this type of play efficient or desirable.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #217 (permalink)
Rec Poster

theres 2 guys on my bushball team that have gone this route. the faster the gun, the hornier they get.

another team mate, has abandoned his proto rail for.....a tracer and a tiberius t8, even though its not a classic, im proud of him for doing it, and guess what, he has more fun.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #218 (permalink)
Not Worthy Of "MCBer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
@ everyone in this thread: argue without personal attacks or join Snakebite in a timeout. Final warning.
Please.

The entire basis of this thread is a personal attack on a player. It's not even a "Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this?" type thread.

Not only is the premise baseless and typically irrational, the attack is tacitly approved by the complete lack of rebuke for anyone calling him a "douche".

Or is this one of those, "It's OK if it's a PBN mod?" deals?
Logic and reason are anathema to him; but this does not deter him from prattling on.
He is the most interesting player in the world.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #219 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Please.

The entire basis of this thread is a personal attack on a player. It's not even a "Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this?" type thread.

Not only is the premise baseless and typically irrational, the attack is tacitly approved by the complete lack of rebuke for anyone calling him a "douche".

The original premise offered by the OP is that that style of play is not welcoming to players and may make them consider not continuing to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussC - post #1
Players like this make me want to quit. Absolutely ridiculous, irresponsible hosing. If I were in that building at 2:22 I'd be asking myself "why did I pay money to come here?"
Are there comments that are out of hand? Sure there are. However the premise is not baseless or irrational. My child does not play paintball on public fields because I am not going to subject her to places that have rules that allow that type of behavior. Paintball (at least on public fields) has lost players because of behavior such as that shown in the video.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 09-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #220 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
Please.

You're right, it was a bit of a personal attack, and I posted without having played at HS to give me full context of what was going on in the video, or knowing the guy personally. I didn't know that he was a PBN Mod, and I don't really see what difference that would make, besides the posters who have come to his rescue. What I saw in the video was so beyond what I'm used to in my neck of the woods that I never assumed it would be normal to others.

That said, I think my point stands that the perpetuation of this kind of play is harmful to the game as a whole, not just because it scares newbies but because I feel it affects the overall quality of play for the worse.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone