mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #281 (permalink)
Post Whore

Haha thats why i dont watch pro sports anymore. Except boxing mma and shooting sports. Too much political bs
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 09-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #282 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Haha thats why i dont watch pro sports anymore. Except boxing mma and shooting sports. Too much political bs
Because the judges haven't come under fire recently at all.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
Old 09-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #283 (permalink)
Post Whore

Oh yeah no joke. But im managing to stomach it so far
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 09-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #284 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
It's a sure fire way of eventually going bankrupt.
quoted myself..
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
..It takes a while to learn control and respect - so to a degree some of ^ this is unavoidable unless the game really teaches control and respect from the start.
IMO: mixing mature, respectful vets and novices can be done w/o a problem (and can be an excellent mentoring opportunity) but if and only if the vets appreciate the responsibility they bear to help ensure the novices have a good time and an excellent experience.

We do it all the time w/o a problem. Of course, we also heavily filter who gets invited and we always play limited tech / limited paint games... pods are banned from the field. <<< not bad tips if you have to mix groups. just say'n.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #285 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:

We do it all the time w/o a problem. Of course, we also heavily filter who gets invited and we always play limited tech / limited paint games... pods are banned from the field. <<< not bad tips if you have to mix groups. just say'n.
While it maybe in the best interest for us players to run limited paint/limited tech it certainly isn't in any way shape or form good for a business that relies heavily on their paint sales for their profit.

We still have to remember that even though we mostly disagree with this man's playing style here in this thread that we still have to put up with it. It may not be the best thing ever for the game, but all of the fields going out of business because they are no longer making any money is certainly worse.

I agree with about 90% of the things said in this thread but like most everyone else I realize that it's just not practical to run any business on a limited paint/limited tech basis. Unless you will agree to pay insane entrance fee's to offset the lost revenue from the paint.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #286 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hick View Post
We still have to remember that even though we mostly disagree with this man's playing style here in this thread that we still have to put up with it. It may not be the best thing ever for the game, but all of the fields going out of business because they are no longer making any money is certainly worse..
No I don't. I decided I so much did not like that game that I bought everything I need to run a private field with up to ten players all playing with identical phantoms.

Paintball fields need to understand that their business model (high sales through low cost and low profit) has other consequences. If paint were $100 a case and the amount of paint in the air was reasonable I, and others like me, would still play at commercial fields. I know at least a dozen people who normally attended public fields once or twice a year who now come out (and bring their friends) when they want to play.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 09-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #287 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
No I don't. I decided I so much did not like that game that I bought everything I need to run a private field with up to ten players all playing with identical phantoms.

Paintball fields need to understand that their business model (high sales through low cost and low profit) has other consequences. If paint were $100 a case and the amount of paint in the air was reasonable I, and others like me, would still play at commercial fields. I know at least a dozen people who normally attended public fields once or twice a year who now come out (and bring their friends) when they want to play.
Very true. The other option is always to just play outlaw ball. Unfortunately, I think, most members of the paintball community would simply have to sell off their gear and quit the game all together if they didn't have commercial fields to go to. I travel all around the country for my line of work and to be quite frank there would be NO paintball for me if my options were limited to playing mostly outlaw to enjoy the game.

It's a real option though, I know up in Splllattttland they regularly have groups of 30-40 for outlaw ball. I know there are a large percentage of members here in MCB that only play outlaw. MCB isn't the majority of paintball though.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #288 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
IMO: mixing mature, respectful vets and novices can be done w/o a problem (and can be an excellent mentoring opportunity) but if and only if the vets appreciate the responsibility they bear to help ensure the novices have a good time and an excellent experience.

Yeah, we're lucky at our field as many of our regulars choose to shoot pumps or play semi with 50 round hoppers. A very small percentage (probably less than 10%) of our regulars actually take pods onto the field. That makes a huge difference when regulars need to play together with renters.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #289 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

This is how I like to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zjTq..._embedded#t=0s

I don't know how to imbed, apparently.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback

Last edited by maggot; 09-12-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #290 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
This is how I like to play.

g4qur;0iofvbg,jhfksh.vkjfandskjha.kf.ksanfmwepri9t 78rt 6kjt4btrkjgfdugdfhg.kgh
Me too!
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone