mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #381 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I kinda sometimes wish speedball would just hurry up and die already so we can all stand over its lifeless body and stare down disaprovingly while poking it with a stick. But than my general attitude is that any kind of Paintball playing is better than nothing... Even if speedball is kind of a cancer
Because Milsim guys shooting full auto with boxmags is any better?

Oh right, they're dressed in camo gear and playing in the woods, so it's all good.

Carry on, MCB.

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
Old 10-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #382 (permalink)
MCB Member

This SnakeSniper guys mentality seems to mirror the speedballer stereotype.
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #383 (permalink)
Post Whore

Full auto isn't allowed at any fields that I play on and even if it were to my knowledge full auto boards are apped at 15bps
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #384 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I kinda sometimes wish speedball would just hurry up and die already so we can all stand over its lifeless body and stare down disaprovingly while poking it with a stick. But than my general attitude is that any kind of Paintball playing is better than nothing... Even if speedball is kind of a cancer
Speedball will never go away entirely. Nor should it. Speedball is a lot of fun. It can be a tremendous amount of fun with pump markers (especially when everyone is using them) and can be a lot of fun with ramping markers as well. In areas with limited space it may be the game that is available. I think the problem I have with it is the amount of focus it has garnered. It was never the central portion of the sport it was made out to be (I think, I don't have the numbers). We also need to know what behavior is acceptable in speedball, what we need to alter, and what are speedball only behaviors that should not be encouraged in regular play.

My issue is not with speedball. My issue is with the cheating that goes on it (and is sometimes glorified) and the bleeding over of some aspects of it into other aspects of the game. Yes I know cheating existed before speedball but there is something about the current speedball crowd that seems to accept it
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 10-15-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #385 (permalink)
Post Whore

And to add to that. There's only one boxmag available and it only has 200 rnds and I've heard it has quite a few issues
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 10-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #386 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996XJ View Post
This SnakeSniper guys mentality seems to mirror the speedballer stereotype.
Only the "stereotype" you all seem to carry and hold in your minds. I'm actually WAY more restrained when I play than most of the "agglets" out there. I've been bonus balled like hell at times. The only difference is I don't get all butt hurt about it and blow it up into "THE END OF PAINTBALL AS WE KNOW IT".

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
Old 10-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #387 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post

Oh right, they're dressed in camo gear and playing in the woods, so it's all good.

Carry on, MCB.
Oh boy, straw man. MCB has plenty of disagreement, and I'd like to know where you came up with this generalization. There's a big difference between admiring the technical prowess required to customize a boxmag, and approving of hosing down the bushes like the minigun scene in Predator.

MCB is full of people who love to customize gear, and sometimes that results in a baby killing full auto monstrosity. That doesn't mean we tacitly approve of using said customized gear to light the **** out of other players.

Quote:
Maybe you should talk to Horizon, he seems to think fields can get MORE business by charging $180 for a case of paint.
I've played at his field many times, in fact I pay over $50-60 in ferry fees and take hours of travel just to get there a couple times a year. it's easily the best field in the province.

Last edited by russc; 10-15-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #388 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Only the "stereotype" you all seem to carry and hold in your minds. I'm actually WAY more restrained when I play than most of the "agglets" out there. I've been bonus balled like hell at times. The only difference is I don't get all butt hurt about it and blow it up into "THE END OF PAINTBALL AS WE KNOW IT".
There is no need to be upset.
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #389 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Maybe you should talk to Horizon, he seems to think fields can get MORE business by charging $180 for a case of paint.
I don't think its necessarily more business. Somehow the business concept of high volume / low margin has become the accepted one in paintball. Its a valid business model but aside from restaurants virtually no small business engages in it outside of paintball. While that is probably an overstatement it is not the generally preferred business model in most industries for small businesses.

Wholesalers did a masterful job selling the high volume / low margin concept to business owners in paintball. That being said it really was not the one best suited to it.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 10-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #390 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Carry on, MCB.
Someone call the PB Nation village and tell them their idiot escaped again...
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone