mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #391 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Someone call the ...
Perhaps. As a reminder if we want the thread to remain open.

Quote:
1) Be courteous to other members
Direct flaming, attacks or threats among users will not be tolerated. Violations of this rule will result in the issuance of infractions and will most likely result in the issuance of infractions that may, in turn, lead to a temporary ban. Repeat offenses and/or extreme behavior may result in a forum ban.
We all have different opinions and different styles. Markets always find a way of balancing out.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #392 (permalink)
RLTW

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I think there is a time and a place for the "I'm going to shoot you until you get off the field" play. Example: the NCPA (if you have ever played in the league, you know exactly what I am talking about) and when you are playing against a d-bag like this kid. Save the overshooting for when the refs are super lazy in a tournament that matters.

I play pump when I play recreationally almost 100% of the time....unless there is a kid who is playing like this...then I can go tit for tat and go headhunting against that particular person. Is it sportsmanlike, no, but I promise he will think twice about doing that to some other person later down the road.
U.S. Army All-Star Tournament Team #82

Proudly Sponsored By:
HK Army, Ninja Paintball, Forgotten Muse Media, UNDR, paintballphotography.com, Hybrid Foto, and Blenders Eyewear

Be kind and leave feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #393 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Someone call the PB Nation village and tell them their idiot escaped again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearns View Post
a d-bag like this kid.
Speaking of personal attacks..... Mods?

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
Old 10-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #394 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996XJ View Post
There is no need to be upset.
I'm not upset at all. Quite the contrary, I enjoy a spirited debate.

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
Old 10-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #395 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Speaking of personal attacks..... Mods?
Quote:
4) No Trolling
On this website, “trolling” is defined as the posting of inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Posts deemed to be trolling by the staff will be deleted and infractions will be issued as appropriate. Repeat offenders of this rule will be banned from the forum.

Depending on the mods' mood, you may want to review the Glass House idiom.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #396 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
I think everyone needs to take a step back for a few hours to cool off. This thread has some merit and it is very close to being closed.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #397 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I kinda sometimes wish speedball would just hurry up and die already so we can all stand over its lifeless body and stare down disaprovingly while poking it with a stick. But than my general attitude is that any kind of Paintball playing is better than nothing... Even if speedball is kind of a cancer
Someone should sig that...

I play woodsball, pistol and pump exclusively and I think a few things that can help would be;

10 BPS. Period - caught ramping you get ejected as that can be a safety issue. If you can't hit what you're aiming at with 10 BPS...

Make an effort to offer a couple of grades of paint. I go to events and the only way I feel at a disadvantage is when the speedball demons and I are both shooting DXS crap that requires accuracy by volume while I'm running a PGP or T8.1

Throw wipers out. Period. Absolutely discourage this behavior

Offer the best prizes for Best sportsmanship instead of first place

Speedball is it's own sport, IMO. I don't play it, but to each their own. I am absolutely thrilled about DYE, Spyder, Milsig and a host of other companies supporting the mag fed format, as I have been playing for 10+ years and it's my favorite format. The current problem is that mag fed events have been hosted by cRap4, and when you rent a bunch of those markers to players who have paid and may not own anything mag fed... well you wind up with a small community of players who are frustrated over equiptment issues that they shouldn't be having. I have played mag fed events, and when you only have 20 paintballs in a magazine, you REALLY need reliability and good paint. Those two aspects make all of the difference when you run pump, pistol or limited capacity markers.

As far as the video, the guy likes to empty hoppers on vacant buildings, so... yeah. As for the overshooting the field needs a flat BPS limit and refs who enforce it.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #398 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
You sound like a librarian talking about the internet making books obsolete. It's rather funny, actually.

Newsflash: Things change. Either you change and adapt to the new mentality or you go play outlaw stock class ball in the woods with the other old farts. Vote with your wallet and have fun.
If the new mentality is a devolution (and in this case it is, tying skill to tech is not evolution), then i have no desire neither adapting nor changing to it. Nor i have particular interest in outlaw. I do in fact vote with my wallet, and fields that prefer to cater to your kind do not get my money.

Why is that your kind of fellas, feel that only you decide how paintball ought to be played? Why cant you just stick to fields made specifically for you?

Why are the loudest cries about overshooting, at every mixed play game, ive been to, comes from your kind, after being given a taste of their own medicine?

Things change? Sure, but then why the speed crowd is so hell bent against changes?

Against first strikes? Going so far as refusing to call themselves out after being hit with one?
Against flashbangs? (not that im a fan of those)
Against smoke grenades?
Against double troubles in all their iterations?
Against magfed?

See where im going with this? That list can easily be made longer.

You are not for progress of paintball, you are for "progress" strictly within your niche, and then call it a progress for paintball.

There is a word for that, it starts with "H".

Last edited by Flint; 10-15-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #399 (permalink)
Banned

Oh get over yourselves people. geez.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #400 (permalink)
pump snob

yall know hopperball fixes all this. just sayin. the dbags cant hang w/ the rules and go elsewhere and everyone else is on a pretty level playing field. it takes daddys money out of the equation.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone