mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #401 (permalink)
meatballs
 
broder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I kinda sometimes wish speedball would just hurry up and die already so we can all stand over its lifeless body and stare down disaprovingly while poking it with a stick. But than my general attitude is that any kind of Paintball playing is better than nothing... Even if speedball is kind of a cancer
Please explain why..

In what way are speedballers on airballfields hurting paintball?

I've been bonusballed far more times in the woods because it's much harder to know if your on the same team or not, if your're just using an armband.

Just a note: when I say bonusballed, I mean shot when I already hit and have raised my hand, not shot because there are 2-4 balls already in the air. The later happens alot, but I know it's not on purpose and I dont think it's a problem. But getting shot several times by scenario guys who shoot first and ask later is much more annoying.
__________________
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens"
-Jimi Hendrix
broder is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #402 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak
 
ironnerd88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
yall know hopperball fixes all this. just sayin. the dbags cant hang w/ the rules and go elsewhere and everyone else is on a pretty level playing field. it takes daddys money out of the equation.
Ezzakly!!!!!
__________________
"Sorry, I'm programmed to do that..."
ironnerd88 is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #403 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broder View Post
Please explain why..

In what way are speedballers on airballfields hurting paintball?

I've been bonusballed far more times in the woods because it's much harder to know if your on the same team or not, if your're just using an armband.

Just a note: when I say bonusballed, I mean shot when I already hit and have raised my hand, not shot because there are 2-4 balls already in the air. The later happens alot, but I know it's not on purpose and I dont think it's a problem. But getting shot several times by scenario guys who shoot first and ask later is much more annoying.
The only complaint I have with styles of play that are different is when they bleed into each other. Then again when picking teams of even numbers my teammates are likely not thrilled when I bring out a stock class pump during an open game so it likely can go both ways
__________________
"The Truth is the same no matter under what name it is taught, or who teaches it. Strip it of the personal coloring of the teacher and it is seen to be the same--THE TRUTH" - William Walker Atkinson

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #404 (permalink)
meatballs
 
broder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
The only complaint I have with styles of play that are different is when they bleed into each other. Then again when picking teams of even numbers my teammates are likely not thrilled when I bring out a stock class pump during an open game so it likely can go both ways
I fully agree. It all comes down to respect for each others game-styles. When I play in the woods my friends or rentals, I use my phantom or I lend a custom 98. But when I practice with my team at the reball-arena, I use my DM11, or they would be disappointing in me because I let them down.

But I hate when recballers say that speedballers destroy paintball, or when speedballers say that recball is for old people. Don't tar everyone with the same brush*

That is bad for paintball.



* I think that's how you say it in English
__________________
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens"
-Jimi Hendrix
broder is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #405 (permalink)
Official DSG Fanboy
 
Moosepatrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oshawa, Canada

There is really only one problem in any paintball whether it is speedball, rec or woodsball. It is a dick on the trigger of a gun. I have friends that play all different spectrums. Speedball teams, scenario teams and some that only play rec. A great day with your friends can instantly be killed because of one douche who likes to pull a trigger a lot. It does not matter what gun it is. I have seen them carry an e-trigger tippmann, an ego, old A4 or 60.00 spyder with electronics. You could have ten great guys playing rec with ego's who don't bonus ball and have a great day. You could take one asshat and give him an electronic spyder and **** up everybody's day. So everybody chill about the classes of paintball, we should be looking at pushing out the asshats.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmtnphantom View Post
Win, loose, draw, leg chewed off by a beaver, doesn't matter it's a great idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
"So there I was, sitting at the keyboard one handed, and I said to myself, 'that really looks like you're wife'..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Thing's lucky it scampered off because I would have skulled it to death if I'd managed to get my hands on it.
Moosepatrol is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #406 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
I don't think I've attacked anyone personally at all in here. Maybe you guys like to TAKE it personally, but I haven't attacked anyone personally that didn't deserve it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Maybe you should talk to Horizon, he seems to think fields can get MORE business by charging $180 for a case of paint.
I lol'd a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Because Milsim guys shooting full auto with boxmags is any better?

Oh right, they're dressed in camo gear and playing in the woods, so it's all good.

Carry on, MCB.
IMO, full auto is fine. Its how one uses it is the problem. If someone uses full auto and but shows restraint, thats cool. But if someone starts overshooting and hosing down renters, thats completely unacceptable (regardless of what they're wearing). No one here is denying that or saying otherwise.

Imo the problem is ppl stepping onto a field and not knowing what is acceptable or the norm at that that particular field.
When u step onto a rec field, you have to take into account the different people that are playing. High volumes of paint maybe acceptable with some and unacceptable with others. Speedballer, probably is okay with it. Father and son holding mech spyders, probably not okay with it. Ultimately, the goal is for everyone to have fun. The exception is when what you're doing is ruining someone else' fun.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; 10-15-2012 at 07:15 PM.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #407 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
If the new mentality is a devolution (and in this case it is, tying skill to tech is not evolution), then i have no desire neither adapting nor changing to it. Nor i have particular interest in outlaw. I do in fact vote with my wallet, and fields that prefer to cater to your kind do not get my money.

Why is that your kind of fellas, feel that only you decide how paintball ought to be played? Why cant you just stick to fields made specifically for you?

Why are the loudest cries about overshooting, at every mixed play game, ive been to, comes from your kind, after being given a taste of their own medicine?

Things change? Sure, but then why the speed crowd is so hell bent against changes?

Against first strikes? Going so far as refusing to call themselves out after being hit with one?
Against flashbangs? (not that im a fan of those)
Against smoke grenades?
Against double troubles in all their iterations?
Against magfed?

See where im going with this? That list can easily be made longer.

You are not for progress of paintball, you are for "progress" strictly within your niche, and then call it a progress for paintball.

There is a word for that, it starts with "H".
See the highlights in red. There's a word for that too. In another context, it starts with an "R". Do you also say things like "you people" and "Those kind of people"? Are you from the deep south? See where I'm going with this?

I'm not even going to bother debating with you, because there's no changing the mind of someone who's already going to discount what you say based on the type of ball you play.
__________________
SPEEDBALL DEFENDER!

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
SNAKESNIPER is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #408 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosepatrol View Post
There is really only one problem in any paintball whether it is speedball, rec or woodsball. It is a dick on the trigger of a gun. I have friends that play all different spectrums. Speedball teams, scenario teams and some that only play rec. A great day with your friends can instantly be killed because of one douche who likes to pull a trigger a lot. It does not matter what gun it is. I have seen them carry an e-trigger tippmann, an ego, old A4 or 60.00 spyder with electronics. You could have ten great guys playing rec with ego's who don't bonus ball and have a great day. You could take one asshat and give him an electronic spyder and **** up everybody's day. So everybody chill about the classes of paintball, we should be looking at pushing out the asshats.
Thank you, well said.
__________________
SPEEDBALL DEFENDER!

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
SNAKESNIPER is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #409 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Cottontail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
I've played the sport. Not to the speed it is played today and not at the level of competition you do but I played it to at least the level of some of the big events.

I suggest if you have the athletic ability and the dedication to seriously compete in a sport you find a different sport . I mean that nicely.

I don't mind paintball as it is played in the tournament scene. I find it boring to watch but had a lot of fun playing it, at least most of the time. What I have an issue with is when those tactics bleed over to recreational play.
I just don't like other sports to be honest, the rewards for paintball are minimal at best. The sports done more for me than I can explain in terms of changing who I am as a person.
Cottontail is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #410 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Flint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
See the highlights in red. There's a word for that too. In another context, it starts with an "R". Do you also say things like "you people" and "Those kind of people"? Are you from the deep south? See where I'm going with this?
Really?
You really trying to pull the "r" card, and apply it to paintball? Do you realize how ridiculous is that?
Are you that out of arguments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
I'm not even going to bother debating with you, because there's no changing the mind of someone who's already going to discount what you say based on the type of ball you play.
No, im not discounting what you say on the basis of the ball type you play, you on the other hand did so, and repeatedly.
Im discounting what you say on the basis, that so far you literally said nothing of value. You are just trolling.
Flint is offline  
Closed Thread

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC