mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #61 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
Wait...was that RED paint???
Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #62 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

It seems counter-intuitive that I should feel fortunate to play in B.C. where paint is usually $150 per case at rec fields, but at least it keeps the games from turning into paint bukakke.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #63 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Lame.
Smells of an obvious effort by the event operators to force you to buy more paint than a mechanic to enhance the game.
Or its an attempt to prevent "strongholds" by teams.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
Mind Detonator

I would never desire for our paint prices to drop if overshooting went up... not a chance.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Or its an attempt to prevent "strongholds" by teams.
Explain please.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #66 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Explain please.
I have not been to a big game in awhile so you have to bear with me. I can recall certain games I was at where the red team would hold the village and the blue team would hold the castle. There would be a long lull (sometimes hours) in the action. Neither team would put together a team effort to assault the other teams strong hold and people who are not interested in sitting and defending are left wandering around.

By having "invincible" props you can decimate these strongholds and create action in the game.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 09-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #67 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah but if the props are man operates its not not really invincible its just shoot the hell out of them ti they go away
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 09-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #68 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mindless_Chaos

Ya know, I am all about making a marker fast, and ridiculous, but when I play, I play semi, and I don't piss paint, but having a marker that can is good when you come across one of these guys. Some times you need the fire power.

Ramping... Lame.

Last time I played 2 weekends ago I played pump the first half of the day, and stock class with a pgp the rest of the day as a walk on. The only other person there that wasn't using semi, was my friend who was pump as well.

We got a lot of flack, and dis belief. People thought I was out of my mind walking onto the field with just a pistol. I had a couple of kids who were amazed because they didn't know such a thing existed and they asked how to load it.

After the first game when I ended up taking a few people out, from behind with just a pgp before I got lit up by semi's I got a lot of props. I don't think I played a game through with the pgp, but I didn't leave the field without taking a bunch with me.

Some of the guys playing were like this guy, and they were the ones I hunted for.

It's sad that people think this is what paintball is about. I guess they don't know any better.

Stuff like this is okay on a speedball field because that is the game, but when you are woodsballing it, come on.....

My Feedback
Old 09-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #69 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

To the people saying its a problem because of ramping, I can EASILY shoot faster in uncapped semi with a decent trigger....

Ramping is often more consistant, not always faster.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #70 (permalink)
That's right, AMAZING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootho View Post
Wait...was that RED paint???
Yup. HSI uses blood red paint. Good stuff, usually.

Quote:
Lame.
Smells of an obvious effort by the event operators to force you to buy more paint than a mechanic to enhance the game.
Not quite the case, I am sure, but it still stinks.

Last edited by Amazing Billdo; 09-05-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone