mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #101 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
I'd say high end is not purely a measure of performance but also of build quality.
The problem is, particularly in America nowadays, there aren't a whole hell of a lot of people left who know what craftsmanship and build quality look like. Because so few people know HOW to build something they can't understand the love and skill and time it takes to design and build something well.
FEEDBACK

Last edited by PistolRogue; 10-05-2012 at 09:38 PM.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #102 (permalink)
Post Whore

And that's what we buy Japanese but even they are getting iffy.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #103 (permalink)
MCB Member

For me, it is a measure of what I want.

Right now, I have two guns: A 2012 G6R and a Species Intimidator.

Snobbery doesn't come in to it. I am just as apt to tell someone that bought a Tippmann that they bought a great gun and why as I am to drool over the Latest and Greatest.

For me, being behind the counter, it is about seeing someone get the gun they want, and making them happy with their purchase.

And, that is where the Axe comes into play. The problem that I have with the Axe is not that it is a mid level gun or its performance, but rather that Empire advertises the Axe as the same gun that pro teams use to win major events. Yes, they might look similar, but the "Pro" Axes are modded to hell and gone. Boards, grips, bolts, springs, feed necks, etc.

That is my major problem with the Axe as it is sold. If they offered a "Pro" build for general consumption, or released an upgrade path for it: i.e. "Add components X, Y, and Z to get the gun XSV uses," then I might jump on board.

The other thing that I noticed among non-a-hole-ish high end owners is that we tend to let less experienced players run a game or two with our guns. One, it might wake in them an appetite to really get into paintball. Two, it builds the community. Three, I work (kinda) at the shop, and maybe they will come in and buy something there.

This is more what I am about when it comes to high ends:
[YOUTUBE]For me, it is a measure of what I want.

Snobbery doesn't come in to it. I am just as apt to tell someone that bought a Tippmann that they bought a great gun and why as I am to drool over the Latest and Greatest.

For me, being behind the counter, it is about seeing someone get the gun they want, and making them happy with their purchase.

And, that is where the Axe comes into play. The problem that I have with the Axe is not that it is a mid level gun or its performance, but rather that Empire advertises the Axe as the same gun that pro teams use to win major events. Yes, they might look similar, but the "Pro" Axes are modded to hell and gone. Boards, grips, bolts, springs, feed necks, etc.

That is my major problem with the Axe as it is sold. If they offered a "Pro" build for general consumption, or released an upgrade path for it: i.e. "Add components X, Y, and Z to get the gun XSV uses," then I might jump on board.

The other thing that I noticed among non-a-hole-ish high end owners is that we tend to let less experienced players run a game or two with our guns. One, it might wake in them an appetite to really get into paintball. Two, it builds the community. Three, I work (kinda) at the shop, and maybe they will come in and buy something there.

[YOUTUBE]For me, it is a measure of what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eTbabH4RVY
Background: we are a pretty close knit crew up here, and the owner of this field tossed off a Semi Only day, and it was understood that if you did anything untoward those kids... cannibalism would have been a first resort and step. The kid was shooting air, and did not realize it. I was not taking the day super seriously, and was just there to have fun. I got shot out and decided to give the kid my gun. That was some of the most fun I had balling ever.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #104 (permalink)
Barned

Breg, you just posted the same thing about three times. Might want to edit that post down.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #105 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
This x 1000. For me since I mostly run pump markers I do find that if I loan out say my palmerized PG which is high end SC or say my phantom for example lots of people that have tried them have come back weeks later with a phantom or traccer or something else that's at least pump if not SC pump. At some of the fields I've played at (now defunct) I was known as "that guy with the shiny pistol" referring to my pg since when I played indoor with it it was an absolute headshot machine. With that said since I know most of the kids that played there I had no problem loaning it out for a game. pop a fresh 12g in for em give em 5 tubes of paint and they went to town. I also like the fact that when newer people try out markers they treat them with respect. Never once did any of the markers I loaned out for a few games come back filthy or full of sand at the indoor or what have you.

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #106 (permalink)
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
The problem is, particularly in America nowadays, there aren't a whole hell of a lot of people left who know what craftsmanship and build quality look like. Because so few people know HOW to build something they can understand the love and skill and time it takes to design and build something well.
^^^^^^^ Couldn't have said it any better myself. I doubt anyone could actually...

ThickChestHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:39 AM   #107 (permalink)

imho the basic axe is no high end, but if you put a little work, board/bolt/spring it will become really nasty...

compared to cars it is like an mercedes E500 Touring, unmodded a really great car for everyday use, but maybe a little to much power for the city. some tuning and skill and you are able to hunt down porsche's
Old 10-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #108 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post

imho the basic axe is no high end, but if you put a little work, board/bolt/spring it will become really nasty...

compared to cars it is like an mercedes E500 Touring, unmodded a really great car for everyday use, but maybe a little to much power for the city. some tuning and skill and you are able to hunt down porsche's
Did you just use an analogy that required us to accept that a Mercedes E500 was not high end?

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #109 (permalink)

a high end mercedes would be the S series, E series are some better than middle class, but not real high end. seen only in stock configuration, without tuning (amg, brabus etc...)

if you really mean high end, it would be something like a maybach, bentley, rolls royce or aston martin ...
Old 10-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #110 (permalink)
Post Whore

Once you start getting into cars like that if you cN afford a car like that but not a driver than you can't really afford that car. Because if I see you driving yourself in a royce im gonna laugh at you
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone