mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
This is such a load. Your disclaimer is kind of pointless, just tell us that's how you really feel and get it overwith.

I own an Upgraded Axe and I love it and appreciate it greatly; however I would pay more for a Luxe because the aesthetics are beautiful to me and it comes with a freak back stock. Good design is like artwork, you may not like how it looks, but you can appreciate the process and time and thought that was put into it.
Aw that's cute. Did I touch a nerve perhaps?

Like I said, there are exceptions to that. 90% of players that I've seen with the latest and greatest electro either treat their gear like crap, or are trying to keep up with their friends and their electros. In my years of playing, I've met a handful of people who regularly buy the newest electros that will baby the crap out of them.

And likewise, there are people out there who beat the crap out of stock class guns. However, I have yet to see anywhere near the amount of people with high end guns like Reduxs, Palmers, CCMs, etc who literally throw them in the trunk, put them away caked in paint, and don't do any maintenance on them.
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

My buddy and I both have Axes. I baby the hell out of mine, he beats the **** out of his. Guess whose gun constantly goes down? lol

Of course that's because mine is fully upgraded, he's your typical "budget baller", ie: whatever works.

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Gun whore to the core

Brass N Wood Fan
This is the concept that I always thought of when I maxed my Ion out back in 08. It did everything that the DMs would do but it wouldn't cost near as much.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgunslingerx View Post
This is the concept that I always thought of when I maxed my Ion out back in 08. It did everything that the DMs would do but it wouldn't cost near as much.

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
I agree but you guys are calling the axe the focus in this example, when its more like a cadillac vs a bmw. The axe does not only have equal performance, it also has all of the other features and build quality that the geo or whatever has. It has a clamping feedneck, purging asa, all the tournament modes, lacking a barrel kit I guess so you can argue that one. It is milled down, lightweight and all that jazz. I dont understand the argument of it not being on par aside from name and price.
Well, a Geo doesn't come with a barrel kit either

Put a geo next to the axe, it's definitely a nicer marker in terms of quality. You'll notice that. I personally love my axe, but I'd skip it if it was the price of a Geo.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by artguy63 View Post
I'll agree with some of the posters.

However, I think there is a difference in buying a $1500 Redux and a $1500 Ego/electrowizbang. If you're buying a $1500 Redux, you've probably been playing for a fair amount of time, and you may tend to appreciate the marker more. If you're buying a $1500 electro, chances are you're trying to outshoot someone or its what everyone else is using on the field. Or, in the case of my field, you're a 14 year old kid who cries to his mommy that he wants this gun so he doesn't get made fun of for having a model that was released a year or two ago. Granted, there are some exceptions to both cases.

Another thing no one has brought up in this debate though is resale. While that's not something I necessarily consider when buying a gun, it makes me glad I don't shoot electro anymore. The person who buys the Redux and decides to sell it will probably get at least 75% of their investment back. The person who bought the electro will probably get 25% back, depending on what new models are released. Again, there are exceptions to this as well.
Exactly. The $1500 redux will hold its value. The electro will be sold for a couple hundred bucks on craigslist when the newer model comes out and it eventually becomes outdated.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
No electros hold their value.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
No electros hold their value.
The AKA guns, especially the Viking, have done alright.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
MacDevs, especially older Cyborg's hold their value pretty damn well. The thing with higher priced markers is that in general, they are machined to higher tolerances and require very little in 'performance upgrades'. Can you say stock OLED board is standard equipment on a Axe? Nope, Clones, newer G6R's and Creeds and Demons all come stock with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Viking values have declined alot in the last three years. 07/06 and older borgs seem to be holding fairly well, but look at what they cost new. The RX & Droid are not holding at all. I am amazed at how quickly DM's & Ego's drop in value...

You could throw PL Trixies in with older Borgs....can't think of much else.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone