mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
Can you say stock OLED board is standard equipment on a Axe? Nope, Clones, newer G6R's and Creeds and Demons all come stock with one.
Of course that's not quite a "performance" upgrade, that's a "convenience" upgrade. Not like you're reading that little screen in the middle of a game, it's just there to make fiddling with the settings a bit easier in the staging area.

If I was designing a full on, pure performance, total competition gun the board wouldn't have a OLED. It wouldn't have an LCD. It would have a basic switch. Two positions, on and off...

...and a USB port inside to attach to a tablet/smartphone/laptop for adjustments.

But anyways, convenience. Fancy on/off ASA's, lever lock feednecks, boards that talk to you, toolless eye cover and grip retention, none of that actually changes the way the ball is fired. Awfully convenient at times, but nothing to do at all with performance.

Nunquam emere potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #42 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
ASA's and lever lock feednecks I would call performance upgrades. I have seen people accidentally degas their G3/4's because of the flip down lever popping up after diving into a snake. The lever lock feedneck allows you to adjust the tension on your hopper since not all hopper necks are created equal. On a tournament level gun you need the ability to switch between the different modes and having an OLED board allows you to access and change settings quite quickly without ever having to open up the grips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #43 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
All guns have devalued, even those that held strong. A weak economy has seen to that. That being said, the AKA guns have held a lot stronger than any other electro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #44 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Of course that's not quite a "performance" upgrade, that's a "convenience" upgrade.
Ever try to get a stock Shocker or Intimidator to shoot any recient PSP legal mode? Board upgrades can certainly be performance upgrades.

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #45 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post
Ever try to get a stock Shocker or Intimidator to shoot any recient PSP legal mode? Board upgrades can certainly be performance upgrades.
He is saying the oled is convenience. There are plenty of boards that have the current modes on them without a screen (any virtue board for example), and alot of stock markers as well (like the axe).

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #46 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
He is saying the oled is convenience. There are plenty of boards that have the current modes on them without a screen (any virtue board for example), and alot of stock markers as well (like the axe).
Umm, Virtue boards tend to be aftermarket equipment and are either LCD or OLED. They do not make a board without a screen that I am aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #47 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
obviously they are aftermarket. they used to make boards without screens, i dont know about current stuff. you are missing the point.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:51 AM   #48 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
All guns have devalued, even those that held strong. A weak economy has seen to that. That being said, the AKA guns have held a lot stronger than any other electro.
Hear Hear! I payed about 425 for my 04 dust blue viking in about 2008-2009, with a full MacDev MatchStik kit and the Was 1.6 and Pandora R-mod and another spare trigger. And I am sure I can easily clear around that price still, considering now im rocking a Tadao board in it.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
No electros hold their value.
Typical MCB bias. Luxes hold their value, as well as Macdev GTs (thus far) The Luxe has been around since '08, still goes for $700 used. Comparatively, 2008 egos sell for $350, as do dms/geo1s/aliens/etcetc

Just because you dont enjoy it, or dont see the value, doesnt mean we dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-Swipe View Post
Hear Hear! I payed about 425 for my 04 dust blue viking in about 2008-2009, with a full MacDev MatchStik kit and the Was 1.6 and Pandora R-mod and another spare trigger. And I am sure I can easily clear around that price still, considering now im rocking a Tadao board in it.
Eh, I think you'd be very lucky to get above $350

Pump/brass markers are better, and worth more money to all of you who say they are because thats what you enjoy. I personally use a Luxe and have a custom 2.0 on the way, If DLX drops something new, Ill get it. I like variety, but Ill always use a Luxe.

Last edited by Cottontail; 09-18-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #50 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
Typical MCB bias. Luxes hold their value, as well as Macdev GTs (thus far) The Luxe has been around since '08, still goes for $700 used. Comparatively, 2008 egos sell for $350, as do dms/geo1s/aliens/etcetc

Just because you dont enjoy it, or dont see the value, doesnt mean we dont.
Typical knee jerk troll response .

If I recall correctly the Luxe was like $1200 in 2008 (I could be off $100 or something). By definition value depreciating from $1200 to $700 is not holding value its declining. Comparing it to an even worse example does not make it good.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone