mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Moving to Mountain View, CA (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/213830-moving-mountain-view-ca.html)

BlueDragonX 09-18-2012 01:16 PM

Moving to Mountain View, CA

I'm moving to Mountain View in a couple of weeks. Which of our MCB members are in the bay area and what are the best places to play? Any frequented outlaw fields? Local pump days? (I only play stock class)

Bigtuana 09-18-2012 01:24 PM

I live in the Fresno area but my brother attends Menlo college over there. I'm not sure what fields are up there but I'd definitely make the trip up there to shoot each other!

Phoenix01 09-19-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDragonX (Post 2478388)
I'm moving to Mountain View in a couple of weeks. Which of our MCB members are in the bay area and what are the best places to play? Any frequented outlaw fields? Local pump days? (I only play stock class)

Congrats on the move, should have a wonderful selection of places to play out there. It is a shame I never got the chance to meet up with you at Jaegers for some fun rec play. Have a safe move.

HyePower 09-19-2012 01:20 AM

I'm from San Francisco, lived here all my life. Near Mountain View, there are a couple fields. Los Gatos Pursuit Paintball, Santa Clara Paintball. Los Gatos is woodsball, SCP is speedball. Too bad Venture Games is gone, that was an amazing field.

Gillymonster 09-19-2012 09:30 AM

There's also Jungle over in American Canyon just South of Napa.
American PB Park is a newer field in Livermoore.
For outlaw you should check out the Marauders. Their woodsball field is in Gilroy you can find them on their Facebook page.

Check out the West Coast section too. Lots of Norcal/SFO area players that'll be coming down for my Fall Event West on Veteran's Day weekend.
It's a 2-day campout pump event with stock class Only on Sunday.
Pm me if you need more info.

Gilly

BlueDragonX 09-27-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtuana (Post 2478400)
I live in the Fresno area but my brother attends Menlo college over there. I'm not sure what fields are up there but I'd definitely make the trip up there to shoot each other!

Awesome! I could always use more people to shoot at :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix01 (Post 2479104)
Congrats on the move, should have a wonderful selection of places to play out there. It is a shame I never got the chance to meet up with you at Jaegers for some fun rec play. Have a safe move.

Thanks, man. Yeah, the timing just never works out. I'm sure I'll have less time with the new job, but whatever :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyePower (Post 2479108)
I'm from San Francisco, lived here all my life. Near Mountain View, there are a couple fields. Los Gatos Pursuit Paintball, Santa Clara Paintball. Los Gatos is woodsball, SCP is speedball. Too bad Venture Games is gone, that was an amazing field.

That's a lot more than I thought. I'll have to check some of those out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillymonster (Post 2479296)
Check out the West Coast section too. Lots of Norcal/SFO area players that'll be coming down for my Fall Event West on Veteran's Day weekend.

That sounds like a fun time. I might have to make it out for that.

HurtCow 09-27-2012 04:45 PM

There's lots of good fields out here in the Sacramento area as well. APG for woods, Davis and Capital Edge for speedball/urban. An hour north in Oroville is Combat Zone, a wonderful field that hosts lots of scenario games.

punisher068 09-27-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillymonster (Post 2479296)
There's also Jungle over in American Canyon just South of Napa.
American PB Park is a newer field in Livermoore.
For outlaw you should check out the Marauders. Their woodsball field is in Gilroy you can find them on their Facebook page.

Gilly

Thanks Gilly
I live in Santa Cruz mountains over the hill from you and am one of the Marauders,unfortunatly after 10+yrs we will be movin soon:(,
theyre many fields nearby depending on your skill level and preference to tourney or woodsball
Our neighboring team the Jokers have a field outside of Monterey,pure woodsball at its finest.outlaw type field with great guys,paint CO2 and air
Los Gatos pursuit is a good woodsball public field,they have been around since early 90s,great staff and refs,quite a few regulars.good mix of skill levels
SCP is tourney ball in San Jose,Ive never been but Ive heard if tourneys your thing its the place
there are also Davis paintball for big games 1st saturday of the month,Jungle Island in Vallejo,Midway paintball,and a few others a few hours away
Welcome to the Bay Area,hope to run into you someday

BlueDragonX 09-27-2012 05:47 PM

My main deciding factor on where I play are the attitudes of the other players. I don't play actual tournaments for that reason among others.

I otherwise enjoy all flavors of play be it speedball, woods, scenario, whatever. I'll play with anybody using any gear though pump and the old-school camaraderie is where it's at for me. I'm looking forward to attending some of the pump only games I've been hearing about in the area. As I said, I play stock class exclusively. I enjoy a challenge.

Gillymonster 09-28-2012 06:07 AM

You would enjoy the Fall campout then. It's the coolest group of guys that gather for pb.
It's a weekend of paintball geared towards having a great time just playing paintball in it's most natural form.
The field has awesome woodsball, scenario, towns, and a great airball arena.
We mix the teams up constantly and play for fun.
We tell lies around the campfire at night too lol.
Hook up with Bobo or The Chemist here. They are from your area.

Sorry that Marauders field is closing Punisher. I had hoped to play there.
The Joker's place in Monterey sounds cool too.

Gilly