mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
What?

Sorry, delta I have dealt with metadyne before and had great CS. I appreciate you refunding my money so quickly, some point down the road I'll need to order from you again!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I honestly feel bad for Metadyne. I think they sold the Thumpers at a loss, and now they're probably hemorrhaging money due to the repair and replacement costs. The customer service issues probably come from the fact that they've got tons of angry phone calls and emails, and they're just trying to put their heads down and work through the backlog. I really want to see them pull through this.
I'm kinda here too. My Thumper worked great up until it didn't, and I'm just hanging onto it until they get ALL the bugs worked out instead of repeatedly returning it and being a beta tester.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Function over looks

Send a message via MSN to monty

I got really fed up a while back. Email them a couple of times, no response. Use their contact form, no response, the peanut gallery says call them, fool. Call and leave many vmails (which they never return). Now the peanut gallery says oh use their new email, stupid. Give me a break. I don't think their malevolent, but they need to get on the ball.

My MCB Feedback
My EBAY Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
With all the drama, whining, superiority complex, and "you can't play here newbie" attitude I wonder if scenario paintball is attempting to take a lesson from tournament paintball on how to decrease interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPB-Mike View Post
I don't particularly have any respect for players using a pump gun.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
They could always post updates on their website. I hope they make it.

Sell your customers something else...
Old 09-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
I'm kinda here too. My Thumper worked great up until it didn't, and I'm just hanging onto it until they get ALL the bugs worked out instead of repeatedly returning it and being a beta tester.
Samesies. Maybe I'm too empathetic but its sad to see a business, which seemed to have a good thing going, getting dragged down by a really really miserably terrible product release (assuming this all stems from thumpers). Remember when they wanted to name it the Blight? How appropriate that would have been. Although Thumper ended up being an onomatopoeia for the sound it makes when I toss it back on the shelf. Maybe one day it will work..but until then, well I can't really sell it until then so heres to hoping that one day it will work!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

I've emailed them quite a few times and have gotten no response. I have a Thumper i want to get working, as well as two of my friends here. I ordered all three.

Some one in the company has to have a teenage son/daughter, or know a teenager who plays paintball. Set up some canned responses for email questions and orders, sit the kid down at the computer, and he could probably bang out 1,500 emails a day. Atleast then someone will be answering questions or even just letting us know the status of the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Old 09-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Sorry, delta I have dealt with metadyne before and had great CS. I appreciate you refunding my money so quickly, some point down the road I'll need to order from you again!
We appreciate it. Hopefully Metadyne gets their **** together.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

the whole we don't have time to post to forums yet forums are where your marketing happens is a strange paradigm
Old 09-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc Zox View Post
the whole we don't have time to post to forums yet forums are where your marketing happens is a strange paradigm
Keep in mind that the first "marketing" done for the Thumper was done by a third party, not someone affiliated with Metadyne, and very rarely have I seen Scott (the only person to date whom is known to have an account here on MCB) actually come on these forums to address anything. I'm also not sure that Scott is even a part of Metadyne anymore (there are rumors floating about that he has separated from Metadyne on a few occasions, and I've never seen him there when I visit the shop)

In fact, Dave, the other marketing guy who came on here for a while, is no longer a part of Metadne anymore, so as far as I know, Brian is really the only guy who is actually working for Metadyne at this point in time. That leasve him to do the machining, (which has moved from the Boise area to a newer, larger shop which should be capable of higher production and repair rates) customer service, and marketing for the time being.

There have been many projects in the works, including attempts at securing a less lethal contract for the Havoc systems, the First Strike breech designs for the Thumper, as well as redesigning the middle portion of the Thumpers valve system to make it stronger, albeit perhaps at the cost of a slight reduction in efficiency.

Last time I had been in the shop in Boise, there was literally a table that was covered in USPS boxes from people who were sending in their Thumpers, and Brian waiting to put them back out until he could redesign and implement the newer system into the guns, along with a few Havoc launchers that were coming back for newer parts, and ones that were new production waiting to go out.

Up until the move, it has been a very small shop with just Brian there (every now and then he'd have his wife come down and help, but it was rare.)

I'm hoping everything gets sorted out with you guys, just know that between the large volume of repairs and the move to the new shop, he might have be lacking the ability to communicate through emails and phones.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
Old 09-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShank View Post
Keep in mind that the first "marketing" done for the Thumper was done by a third party, not someone affiliated with Metadyne, and very rarely have I seen Scott (the only person to date whom is known to have an account here on MCB) actually come on these forums to address anything. I'm also not sure that Scott is even a part of Metadyne anymore (there are rumors floating about that he has separated from Metadyne on a few occasions, and I've never seen him there when I visit the shop)

In fact, Dave, the other marketing guy who came on here for a while, is no longer a part of Metadne anymore, so as far as I know, Brian is really the only guy who is actually working for Metadyne at this point in time. That leasve him to do the machining, (which has moved from the Boise area to a newer, larger shop which should be capable of higher production and repair rates) customer service, and marketing for the time being.

There have been many projects in the works, including attempts at securing a less lethal contract for the Havoc systems, the First Strike breech designs for the Thumper, as well as redesigning the middle portion of the Thumpers valve system to make it stronger, albeit perhaps at the cost of a slight reduction in efficiency.

Last time I had been in the shop in Boise, there was literally a table that was covered in USPS boxes from people who were sending in their Thumpers, and Brian waiting to put them back out until he could redesign and implement the newer system into the guns, along with a few Havoc launchers that were coming back for newer parts, and ones that were new production waiting to go out.

Up until the move, it has been a very small shop with just Brian there (every now and then he'd have his wife come down and help, but it was rare.)

I'm hoping everything gets sorted out with you guys, just know that between the large volume of repairs and the move to the new shop, he might have be lacking the ability to communicate through emails and phones.
I actually saw Scott and a female Metadyne employee (I don't recall her name) at Super Game 43 last May. He gave me his email address in order to get me the parts I am needing. I emailed him and it took several weeks to get a reply from him. And now it has been a few more weeks since he said Brian was putting the parts I need together after the move.

Sure things happen, but communicating with your customers is a very important part of any business. It's pretty bad when, as a business, you can't make the time to take care of your current customers, much less getting any new ones.

www.okcompanypaintball.com

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone