mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   ASP Roundhead build (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/214538-asp-roundhead-build.html)

Broch 09-26-2012 09:44 PM

ASP Roundhead build

In preparation for Winter, and Sprint Pump Event, I bought a roundhead. It just showed up in the mail today. I'm wanting to build something really special, and a great shooter. I'm not so concerned about rare or unique.

So, those of you who may have embarked on this, or who offer products to do such a build, this is your solicitation!!!! What works, what doesn't, etc....

Mine came used, and with no manual. It did come with two o-rings in a little baggie, that I have no idea what to do with...

Help!

Mishotaki 09-26-2012 09:51 PM

the 2 o-rings are the detents, they go in the 2 holes on the bottom of the body to stop double-feeds and roll-outs. you just insert them there and when the grip is screwed on, it will keep them pushed in there.

good luck with your build ^_^

Stitch 09-26-2012 09:55 PM

recommend that you size them and get some spares sooner than later =) (the o-rings)

otherwise setting mine up was a breeze - depending on what barrel you are going to use (since its cocker thread) you might need an undercocking kit or a modified pump (CCI sells them bored out for 1in barrels)

beyond that I cant think of anything else really different.

idkfa 09-26-2012 09:56 PM

Do remember that the detente are in place.

I have lost several sets and washed one set down the sink drain because I absentmindedly took my gun apart for cleaning.

Broch 09-26-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 2486848)
recommend that you size them and get some spares sooner than later =) (the o-rings)

otherwise setting mine up was a breeze - depending on what barrel you are going to use (since its cocker thread) you might need an undercocking kit or a modified pump (CCI sells them bored out for 1in barrels)

beyond that I cant think of anything else really different.

The only components I currently have are the body and a barrel. Am I better off buying a donor phantom out of bst and scavanging parts off of it, or am I best off to get the components one at a time.

Stitch 09-26-2012 10:16 PM

depends on what you want really

Some folks want NEW - most folks here dont mind used to some degree or another

You can certainly find some good deals right now - just keep in mind depending on your barrel OD you might need to work on the pump options

honestly most phantoms can be had in such good shape.....

good luck and post pics when yer done =)

Broch 09-26-2012 10:24 PM

For the Pump, I would ideally want to go with a CCM undercocker.

Donut SD 09-26-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broch (Post 2486881)
For the Pump, I would ideally want to go with a CCM undercocker.

If you find more other than your search, do share :) been looking for some. They were vendettas right? With a ccm handle?

Broch 09-26-2012 10:44 PM

I believe so, yes!

-=ArchAngel=- 09-26-2012 11:42 PM

do u have a frame yet? The stock CCI frame is quite decent, but if u want something a bit different, look into the RTR gargoyle frame which has a slide trigger or Dukies DSP frame+valve combo that allows ingrip 12g changer.
Super Stanchy i believe has a performance kit which a lot of ppl have been liking so far.