mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

quotage rainmaker

buddy found this in his closet from back in the day i guess it leaks a little any idea what its worth?
TFrevold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

I'm subscribing to this thread because i have one as well, and I dont' want to make my own thread
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
They're worth about $50 in perfect condition, maybe a little more or a little less depending on how bad someone wants it.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Last year they were going for $100, or more in the box. The parts at jtusa have gotten scarce, but so have the number of rainmakers around. They aren't built bad, aside from their known flaws. They make fair projects, but definitely need work to make them reliable. They won't run long otherwise. Louder than backed up poop.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Sold a REALLY nice one two years ago for 75 shipped. Not much has changed. Expect $45 shipped for that guy.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would give $50 for it no questions asked. It looks like an early second gen gun, it has the second gen style barrel and shroud at least. The early second gen guns have single trigger frames like this one and there should be a small red led on the bottom rear of the grip frame. Also the second gen guns had the select-fire board that ran off a single 9v not 4aa batteries as the previous did. I prefer the appearance of the first gen guns with the huge hard plastic hand-guard, but still like the second gens especially when they have a single trigger frame.

The value on these things is so inconsistent. Around February and March lots of people were looking for them, a POS of a Rainmaker in stock form sold as non working and in pieces went for $140 back then! But $100 to $130 was more common for a nice gun. I bought a like new in the box Rainmaker at the time for a little over $100. Then after 3 months nearly none of them showing up for sell on the usual sites a bunch were listed and the sellers had trouble moving them. One had lots of rare and desirable upgrades (well desirable to rainmaker fans) it only brought around $110~$120, and nice stock guns seemed to bring about $60 to $70 including the shipping but it would take a few weeks for them to sell.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fear the Beer!

Thumbs up

$50+shipping maybe.

Here's mine. KerPOW kerPOW... love the cannon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Comparing a SP product to a CCM is like comparing dog crap to Lemon Meriegn Pie.
forstgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forstgump View Post
Here's mine. KerPOW kerPOW... love the cannon!
The trouble comes in when your side is just as stunned by the sound as the opposition is.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

If you think it's loud now, try running one with an Armson pro-seires barrel
Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoLaneBlackTop View Post
The value on these things is so inconsistent.
When ActionVillage sold off its considerable supply of new Rainmakers for $100 each years ago, it was the best and worth thing to happen to them.

On one hand, it brought them a ton of visibility. They are fairly unique, as well as being a great base for projects (mech, pneumatic trigger, pump, pump assist, etc, are all trivial projects to do).

The negative was it drove the price way down, essentially putting a cap on value. Plus, they have a design flaws. They bought the design for an "electro vector" from AirPower and redesigned it to lower production, fab and finishing costs. As as result, you have a hammer that chews itself apart, and a reg and hoses that could flow at any time.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone