mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
"ARCHERS! WE NEED MORE ARCHERS TO THE FRONT! FORM A LINE!!!!"

"WTF is an archer? We don't have any of those."

"YES WE DO! ARCHERS TO THE FRONT!!!!"

"Bro, we don't HAVE archers."

"Sigh.... Paintball guns are like bows. Swords are swords, spears are spears, and paintball guns are like a bow and arrow. So paintball guys to the front. Whatever."

"You just ruined this. So much."

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sounds familiar. Lol.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
HAHA!!I like it.Would never go over at a regular field.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
HAHA!!I like it.Would never go over at a regular field.
a least everyone is wearing goggles. which is more than I can say about the ONE "organized outlaw game" that I know of in my area...
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

off from work, time to start replying:

yes it's my video, i'm steven crawford aka futuresteve aka automcfix

cottontail, i'm glad you like the meat humor. i like jokes, look forward to more silly captions next vid in 2 to 3 weeks. next game is this saturday.

keebler, haha yes you can hit people with a foam sword. my field, my game, my rules. outlawball baby.
i love zao, blood and fire bring rest album is the teets.
i don't hate larpers but i hate roleplaying, it is very very embarrassing and awkward from what i can tell.
oh yeah i don't take it seriously at all, in fact i know it's stupid. it's also fun as crap, you can beat shield bashing your coworker with a boogie board with a rope handle.
yeah i would love to have some of the sweet nerf weapons. my home made weapons are about 2 bucks each or less.

lohman, i like what you did there. ownt.

melvin, a good post sir. just for you i will have a wizard guest star in my next montage, LIGHTNING BOLT!
i agree, the small maze is fun but small. saturday we are playing in open woods over many acres so it should be good.
i really like your spear tip. i'll check out your idea, i think i have a can of "great stuff" in the basement. at the end of the day they work and were 2 bucks to make.
your right about goggles. that is where most of my money went. i own 17 paintball masks lol. no one but me and chetman had really played paintball before this haha, what a weird first time experience i'm sure!

hawkeye, i like the reference haha. in anchient combat pistols and long guns were often used along side archers. look up matchlock, flintlock, and muzzle loaders. i am saving of for a Airow Gun paintball bow, it's perfect for my game: War With Friends.

casper, i'm glad you like it!
yeah it would never work at a standard field. it's for a special crowd.

Last edited by FutureSteve; 10-07-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spell check sucka
FutureSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

I've lived with some hard core larpers, it was interesting to say the least. For the spears, it only needs to be something to make them more dense. You could ramrod old newspaper in there and it would do the same thing. While never acually larping, I built an arsenal of boffer weapons for friends and people I've never even me before just because I'm "good with building stuff" (not my quote) I've done wood-core and non based on a groups preference, have all sorts of tricks if you wanna use 'em just pm me. As for the wizard, try to get two so the teams are balanced with a mage each. (as they tend to be harder to kill with those protection spells )
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Great story Melvin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
I've lived with some hard core larpers, it was interesting to say the least. For the spears, it only needs to be something to make them more dense. You could ramrod old newspaper in there and it would do the same thing. While never acually larping, I built an arsenal of boffer weapons for friends and people I've never even me before just because I'm "good with building stuff" (not my quote) I've done wood-core and non based on a groups preference, have all sorts of tricks if you wanna use 'em just pm me. As for the wizard, try to get two so the teams are balanced with a mage each. (as they tend to be harder to kill with those protection spells )
What a funny living situation, I love that they drafted you in as a duct tape black smith. Really funny being a normal guy and being dubbed: "the good with building stuff guy". hey some of us are just creative and skilled and we can apply that to whatever. you sound like your a really funny person. i will try stuffing it with news paper for sure. it's good to get some tips from an ol' weapon maker haha.

good call on sharing the wizard beards and star hats. haha yeah good forbid one cast circle of protection: paintballs.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Elven Pump SDM/DM

COP: paintballs?
you just outed yourself as an MtG player!
(unless COPs were borrowed by MtG from D&D/other magic role playing source)
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

haha yeah my nerdy brother got me in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
COP: paintballs?
you just outed yourself as an MtG player!
(unless COPs were borrowed by MtG from D&D/other magic role playing source)
still play a little on xbox360. i'm glad you got the reference. yeah everyone is a little nerdy, the real nerds are ashamed of it and hide it. boosh.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Where in ATL are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone