mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
WCP Scenario Paintball

Our team wears Tiger Stripe, not as effective camo (it's not, really, not in VA/NC anyway), but for team identity. Most of the other scenario teams in the area wear multicam, and we wanted to stand out a bit. Since we don't really use the lone wolf/stalker/camper style of play, I don't feel bad about giving up that particular advantage.
Chooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've found Hibiscamô to be most effective in any environment...
Old 10-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusskiX View Post
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ENmi-Imgur.jpg

I've found Hibiscamô to be most effective in any environment...
I can vouch for this, he's a ghost in the woods.

Learning to successfully "tree walk" other players in the woods will get you farther than any type or pattern of camo in my opinion.

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
I play with RusskiX all the time and his camo is second to none when it comes to standing out a mile away! I still can't hit him but I can see him! He's just too damn skinny! LOL!!! Camo is very important at distance. But once you get into paintball engagement distance it is often compromised by movement and the fact the shape of the head is unnatural to its surroundings. Thats why when you break up the shape of a head with a gilly style head covering you see more success. The worst camo in the North East was ACU from the tests. It was best in a stand of Birch trees though. Vietnam tiger stripe and Multicam was the best when I did my tests a few years ago. I took as many camo's as I could find and hung them up in the woods and took pictures at 75 feet and the ACU seemed to glow with a little sun hitting it. Regular woodland was pretty good just seems to be too dark and blocky with the black if any sun hit it. The tiger stripe seemed to melt into the dark and was OK with some sun. The Multicam was the best all around of the group. Not as good in shadow as the Tiger stripe. But I will say some camo is better than none. And I would stay away from light colors. Feyd..........
Old 10-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

It doesn't hurt, that's for certain.

Sneaking is good.
Wearing camouflage is good.
Doing both is better.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
It really doesn't help but it certainly doesn't hurt. We wear hi-liter yellow jerseys and we sneak up on people all the time.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
It really doesn't help but it certainly doesn't hurt. We wear hi-liter yellow jerseys and we sneak up on people all the time.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Camo can definetly help if you use it correctly. If your constantly moving and drawing attention and fighting it out with the other team, camo is inneffective IMO unless your opponents goggles are pretty fogged up. If you use the right camo for your terrain and use it properly by hiding, like camo was designed for, it can be deadly effective. Camo only works where there is heavy cover to blend into, many fields it is just not necessary.

I have worn some pretty minor camo and if you are quite still and avoid the telltale mask reflection that i am always looking for, and i have had people pass reasonably close by me and not notice. If their masks are fogging the least bit, it makes it much much more effective. i usually bring 5 or 6 good masks to the field with me and change them out as they get dirty and sweaty so i can see all day clearly and i have found it to be a great investment. It may cost a lot of time cleaning but if you can see perfectly all day, that to me is better than having the best possible marker for your particular needs and wants. You cant shoot what you cant see.

Being still man times can work just as well as good camo providing you have good cover to hide in. I primarily wear a black top, and AOP jersey long sleeve cotton shirt and some desert camo DBD pants, and most of the time a flashy mask, try to use cover as my camo and being silent and still when i need to be. I dont personally like to wear full camo because there is always a bunch of other people wearing it, and i find being a little flashy helps your team mates remember you and friendly fire drops 10x. Cover is my camo when i need it.
crazyorigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think delta is a very good example of All this. Effective scenario/woodsball team. Highlighter yellow jersey pretty much covers it
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
As a stockclass guy I use any advantage I can in the woods.Anywhere else it's anything!!
casper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone