mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
just carry one of these everywhere! GhostBlind #1 - Invisible Mirror Ground Hunting Blind - YouTube

or have them make you a jump suit out of it. everyone laughs until you disappear.
thats pretty cool
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Kinda reminds me of the thr big boss chick was wearing at the end of mgs3
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Camo doesn't matter for someone like me. I get shot wearing it or anything else. It doesn't help if you are always moving in plain sight or standing in the open. That's been my problem for 25 yrs.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #34 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Camo would be useful if you had to hold a position and were just camping out in a bush or something. Once you had to shoot or move it's pretty useless.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Color has far less to do with it than cover and concealment. Effective mastery of those two things will get you far. Most important though is movement. The human eye is attracted to movement and this by far will give you away more than any other factor.

Learn when to move, how to move, and when to stay put and you'll vanish clothing has very little to do with it. I've had people pass me within 5 feet while wearing bright neon colors and not see me. It's all in how effective your fieldcraft is.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Color has far less to do with it than cover and concealment. Effective mastery of those two things will get you far. Most important though is movement. The human eye is attracted to movement and this by far will give you away more than any other factor.

Learn when to move, how to move, and when to stay put and you'll vanish clothing has very little to do with it. I've had people pass me within 5 feet while wearing bright neon colors and not see me. It's all in how effective your fieldcraft is.
Very true

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

Camo does work. I can personally attest to it.

With paintball masks, a person's field of vision is limited, (I would speculate about 10-15% due to glare and limitation on peripheral vision). Also, speedball players tend to wear those ridiculous neon getups, so most of the time focus is on them; especially if they are being shot at.

I wore a olive green ghillea rags, and I literally had people within 5 feet who ignored me, even though I A- wasn't near a bush, and B- didn't blend in. The rags broke up my outline and I just looked like a big mound of fluff. People were so focused on dodging that speedball player that I was able to surrender far more players then actually shooting.

However, there's a downside to all of this:

1- Most people wear the wrong camo. Granted it's better than nothing, but anyone with good eyesight can make you out from 1000 feet.

2- Most people wear BLACK GEAR! Black=one of the worst camo colors you can wear. I love seeing people with head to toe ACU and a black mask. At 1000 feet in the bush it looks like a floating mask. The same goes for paintball markers; camo that puppy up!

3- Camo does very little if your moving. There's plenty of studies that prove a moving target is easier to spot than a stationary target. Just sit still, and people will probably look right at you, and turn away. I've had plenty of times where people walked by my ghillea rags, and fired a few shots in my general direction to make sure I wasn't a person. I'd sit still, and they'd run right by me. I actually have a great story of someone who did that, and they were about to trample me so I jumped up and surrendered them. They squealed like a little girl and shot me about 20 times. Luckily I did hear "Dude I'm so sorry!" about 100 times after that.
mrfranswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

I used to wear full bdu's. Now I just wear camo pants, a longsleeve black underarmor shirt and sometimes a brown or green t shirt over that. Keeps me cooler than bdu's and still allows me to blend in using the following tactics. While I realize bright colors can be used There still giveaways in situations where cover is minimal and you have to freeze. Freezing while in drab clothes or camo's is more effective than in bright colors.

My keys to sneaking.

1. Movement or the lack there of. The eye is attracted to movement.
2. Don't wear bright colors. Again the eye is attracted to it (especially people who have been playing awhile)
3. Tree/bunker walk. If you have a physical object blocking their line of sight use it to move freely. This can overcome bright colors, simply b/c you can't see colors through a mound of dirt or a tree. However if a corner of your jersey pokes out and it is bright orange, yellow, red. I'm a whole lot more likely to notice you.
4. Trigger control: Don't shoot until absolutely necessary or when assured of the kill(this is hard to impress on newer players). When shooting from a concealed position only shoot once at a time. It makes it harder to triangulate the sound. Also people will often forget about you after a few minutes and allow you to continue sneaking.
5. Watch your step: don't step on branches, crunchy leaves etc.
6. Don't disturb the environment around you. Trees, bushes etc shaking is a dead give away if the wind isn't blowing. move when the wind blows if possible.

The first 4 are the most important and easiest to employ.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
just carry one of these everywhere! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2EeappH-zY<br />
<br />
or have them make you a jump suit out of it. everyone laughs until you disappear.
Huh, I have a 4x6' of this stuff. If I break it up into small pieces do you think a disco ball suit would be effective?
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #40 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
I have had fun with camouflage over the last while.

I have an old pair of Swiss Camo BDU pants that I dust off from time to time. They are awesome for those days that i want to blend in with the renters and actually work really well in our wilderness up here in Northwestern Ontario. It looks like someone make a camo pattern out of a fruitcake.

The camo that works the best where we are is ATAC, MarPat, MultiCam, & CadPat.
Any Midwestern paintball players that want a good camo should check out the Propper Atac BDUs. The airsoft guys in our town turned me on to it and I have worn it a few times at our local field in the woodsball areas and if you are stalking people and using cover effectively it works nice.

I have also used my Aloha shirts as camouflage a few times by standing still and tree walking.

Know the area that you play in most of the time and find a camo that works the best.
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone