mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Does Camo really matter? Or can you wear anything in the woods? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/215321-does-camo-really-matter-can-you-wear-anything-woods.html)

FreeEnterprise 10-06-2012 05:01 AM

Does Camo really matter? Or can you wear anything in the woods?

Age old debate, Does camo really matter, when playing in the woods?

Or can you wear anything, and if your tactics are good, it doesn't matter what you wear?

Here is part of a game from last weekend.

Watch Does Camo Help when playing paintball? Maybe just being still is the key? | Trails Of Doom Episodes | Blip

two vs 1, just to see how close the other players will get. We have a 15 foot no fire rule, so... I waited until they were about 20 feet away and they never saw me.

Was that because I froze, or because of my camo?

K_Obeastly 10-06-2012 06:18 AM

can't watch the video on this computer but camo only matters if your tactics involve hiding. When it comes down to snap shooting or long distance peekaboo it really won't help. I've snuck up on people while wearing an old neon green 32* jersey just the same as I could have in camo.

oldironmudder 10-06-2012 07:24 AM

Tunnel vision. I could have worn a clown suit the last big game & still been able to flank. In general, darker clothes & slow movement should be plenty.

Keebler 10-06-2012 07:37 AM

Egh I used to think so but now I've come to the conclusion it doesn't matter very much oldironmudder said it well most players suffer tunnel vision and have really awful situational awareness. Couple that with the fact that you arnt facing off against trained military cadre. Most of the time is just regular Joes and kids. Even when I there are some military folks chances are they are REMFs. I mean that lovingly. Most of the time I wear whatever the team wants me to wear as far as clothes and i keep my tac load out in solid black so it can be used all seasons. Like plenty of mcbers I've seen dudes ssneak up in Hawaiian shirts. So clearly camo isn't that large of a factor. Its definately technique

Dusty Bottoms 10-06-2012 08:21 AM

If you use cover effectively in the woods, trees, gullies, obstacles, etc, you can wear whatever you want. Thats especially true if you work the flank alot. People spot movement more than anything else, so if you play really agressive and are constantly on the go theres almost no point to camo.

Chappy 10-06-2012 08:23 AM

I've gotten a lot of eliminations in my day that I wouldn't ave gotten if the other player had blended in better. Enough that I'll stick wit my camo and subdued Hawaiian:) Its not needed, and can certainly be overcome. And conversely, just because your wearing camo doesn't mean you blend in. But I'll take my green, Brown, and black over other colors any day.

thumper 10-06-2012 08:38 AM

I've found blending in with the other players is better camo.

Melvin 10-06-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms (Post 2496060)
If you use cover effectively in the woods, trees, gullies, obstacles, etc, you can wear whatever you want. Thats especially true if you work the flank alot. People spot movement more than anything else, so if you play really agressive and are constantly on the go theres almost no point to camo.

pretty much my experience.

bmann61 10-06-2012 09:06 AM

Cover yourself in mud after your whole team is eliminated and save the jungle but leave a massive crater behind
Oh and tiger stripe is the best

:)

Keebler 10-06-2012 09:13 AM

What's worse is when people wear the wrong type of camo in the absolute wrong environment or season. Like jungle camo during the fall in north america that's pretty bad.