mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Scewball, One Each

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadowHunter

Keep looking. Sure paintball isn't for everyone. The same is especially true for tinkering with paintball equipment. I know of some people that love to tinker, but they don't mess with their paintball equipment.

If there is one marker that stands out in your mind buy that one and leave it alone. You can get others for tinkering if you decide to tinker.

Have you tried anything involving working with "raw" material? I mean stuff like metal working and wood working?
DarkShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Im 16, so I haven't worked much with metals, woods, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Step 1: plant trees
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
My feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

Quote:
When i play i enjoy playing, but when i do, im always plauged with working on my marker once or twice or having to purchase a rental.
You're not sick of paintball, you're sick of what I call equipment drama.

Old guns tend to be well...old. You can say you don't like the new stuff, but thing is, the technology has come a long way, easier to pin point problems and easier to maintain (Bolt out the back is pretty much standard on any spoolie now, so is taking down a gun in less than 5 minutes and replacing all the orings in 10 minutes) making a lot less problems for you when you're actually playing.

Let's say my rock solid automag blows out, it's done not for a day, but at least 5 days assuming I rush home and order a parts kit as no field will have the oring kit and this is with AGD still active with making parts kits for their stuff. This is just an example of the frustration with finding parts for older stuff, I'm sure there's Angels with breeches missing and ICD guns with crapped out LPRs where you need to drop %50 of the gun's value to fix it with an aftermarket one.

My suggestion: Go out and play with a modern working gun. Whatever it takes, new in box, like new in box, plenty of Egos, Mini's and Axes around that work at decent prices Enjoy the game itself and not the equipment drama. Make yourself play at least twice a month. Scream at the players and not at your guns. If this doesn't work, sell the gun and find something different. You suffer no lost to try this out.

Last edited by Ir0nExpress; 10-07-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

you're 16, think about cars, motorcycles/dirt bikes and girls. girls can be just like paintball guns: tinker to much with them, and they don't want to work with or for you. cars, just earning enough money for gas and insurance can be the challenge in itself. dirt bikes have all the mud and getting dirty as paintball, but you don't have anyone shooting at you.

take it from me. for every 5 old guns, i have one that is newer, cause i want to know that its working. but for all those old guns, sometimes they want to work, sometimes i'm chasing gremlins till i pick up my anvil of a mag just to go play. you have to want to work on guns. you have to have bulldog stupidity that this gun won't get the best of me. then you learn from your mistakes and move on.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

It's not bad to have multiple hobbies either, most of us do. Maybe cut down to a couple of reliable guns and then take up another hobby. A hobby you can enjoy on the weekdays is nice to have as well.

For me, I play disc golf, paintball, ride bicycles (have a mountain bike and a hybrid), RC cars, shoot a recurve bow, shoot real guns, computer gaming, and paddle a kayak.

If you seem to be mechanically cursed and not able to keep things working(no shame in it, it happens) I suggest something like disc golf or kayaking. Neither of which are mechanical or electronic. Unless your boat has a hole it or your discs are warped, they work all the time.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogti9g9 View Post
.... i always end up getting depressed in the end...

ok cupcake .. first I don't buy the sob story. you need to get your butt on the field and quit messing with gear - your gear don't shoot back.

And here are a few personal challenges for you.

the one bag challenge: 1 bag. preferably a book bag. All pb gear you own must fit in that one bag (including paint) and you are only allowed to open that bag at the field. That means everything in there better work. The smaller the bag, the better.

the 2 minute challenge: you must be able to open your bag, chrono, and be on the field in 2 minutes after you open your bag.

the vintage challenge: nothing in the bag can be from this millennium or use any form of batteries. (goggle lenses are allowable exception)

You have been called out. what you gonna do?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
ok cupcake .. first I don't buy the sob story. you need to get your butt on the field and quit messing with gear - your gear don't shoot back.

And here are a few personal challenges for you.

the one bag challenge: 1 bag. preferably a book bag. All pb gear you own must fit in that one bag (including paint) and you are only allowed to open that bag at the field. That means everything in there better work. The smaller the bag, the better.

the 2 minute challenge: you must be able to open your bag, chrono, and be on the field in 2 minutes after you open your bag.

the vintage challenge: nothing in the bag can be from this millennium or use any form of batteries. (goggle lenses are allowable exception)

You have been called out. what you gonna do?
Bleh, you lost me at this millennium and no electronics.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
Bleh, you lost me at this millennium and no electronics.
OK.. welcome to MCB..
Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
OK.. welcome to MCB..
thumper was referencing the fact that he believes that older guns are simpler, there fore easier to use. somehow brass or wood will triumph over anything that is less than 10 years old. or pumps are better than semi, because there is less to go wrong. that is not always the case.

the easiest way to describe that is, carburetors vs. fuel injection. both do the same job, but some people know EFI better than carbs, because that is what they started, or didn't have someone teach them. carbs might have been around for 100 years, but it doesn't mean they are better because of the lack of electronics. to me that is the blatant excuse that MCBers will give, instead of understanding the person, they will blame your equipment or how you use it.

so Steen, think about it. its not like you can't ever come back to paintball, if you decide to step away. it might even be better. you're 16. no 16 year old can ever know what they want. you're life is beginning, you are not even out of highschool. there is a still a world out there for you.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
PKM - BOOSH!

CCM Fan
make women your hobby. Probably no depression there right? ha

get a pump, a semi and an electro that wont die. use them... abuse them but with dedication... they will keep working. Many of us have been there man.

My Feedback

everex5 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone