mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Autocannibal

Sounds like you need a phantom.
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
ok cupcake .. first I don't buy the sob story. you need to get your butt on the field and quit messing with gear - your gear don't shoot back.

And here are a few personal challenges for you.

the one bag challenge: 1 bag. preferably a book bag. All pb gear you own must fit in that one bag (including paint) and you are only allowed to open that bag at the field. That means everything in there better work. The smaller the bag, the better.

the 2 minute challenge: you must be able to open your bag, chrono, and be on the field in 2 minutes after you open your bag.

the vintage challenge: nothing in the bag can be from this millennium or use any form of batteries. (goggle lenses are allowable exception)

You have been called out. what you gonna do?
This sounds like fun . the 2 minute challenge sounds neat. and the vintage challenge is always interesting.

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
thumper was referencing the fact that he believes that older guns are simpler, there fore easier to use. somehow brass or wood will triumph over anything that is less than 10 years old. or pumps are better than semi, because there is less to go wrong. that is not always the case.

the easiest way to describe that is, carburetors vs. fuel injection. both do the same job, but some people know EFI better than carbs, because that is what they started, or didn't have someone teach them. carbs might have been around for 100 years, but it doesn't mean they are better because of the lack of electronics. to me that is the blatant excuse that MCBers will give, instead of understanding the person, they will blame your equipment or how you use it.

so Steen, think about it. its not like you can't ever come back to paintball, if you decide to step away. it might even be better. you're 16. no 16 year old can ever know what they want. you're life is beginning, you are not even out of highschool. there is a still a world out there for you.
Yup give me a carb and im lost. I get carbs and how they work but im not familiar with the issues they throw up. Give me a 80s/90s EFI system and i can go through all the issues they have.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
Let's say my rock solid automag blows out, it's done not for a day, but at least 5 days assuming I rush home and order a parts kit as no field will have the oring kit and this is with AGD still active with making parts kits for their stuff. This is just an example of the frustration with finding parts for older stuff, I'm sure there's Angels with breeches missing and ICD guns with crapped out LPRs where you need to drop %50 of the gun's value to fix it with an aftermarket one.
It takes you 5 days to fix a powertube o-ring? That's really the only thing that ever needs replacing.
And a bag full of those and whatever other o-rings you want are only $1 and a mouse-click away! http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...now-avail.html
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Women are a terrible hobby! You never get them working the way you want and they are much more expensive than cars or paintball. If if Flies, Floats, or Fornicates - you can't afford it...

OKAY... Leave all your equipment at home go to the local field and play rental. Just play - don't worry about equipment. If ya still don't like paintball - it may be time to find something else.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post

Let's say my rock solid automag blows out, it's done not for a day, but at least 5 days assuming I rush home and order a parts kit as no field will have the oring kit and this is with AGD still active with making parts kits for their stuff. This is just an example of the frustration with finding parts for older stuff, I'm sure there's Angels with breeches missing and ICD guns with crapped out LPRs where you need to drop %50 of the gun's value to fix it with an aftermarket one.

My suggestion: Go out and play with a modern working gun. Whatever it takes, new in box, like new in box, plenty of Egos, Mini's and Axes around that work at decent prices Enjoy the game itself and not the equipment drama. Make yourself play at least twice a month. Scream at the players and not at your guns. If this doesn't work, sell the gun and find something different. You suffer no lost to try this out.

Why don't you order two AGD part kits and have them with you incase your gun goes down? Then you can replace the parts you need at the field (it isn't hard to rip them apart and replace everything). Plan ahead people. You KNOW you are going to need to replace things eventually, and if you only have a couple of guns you know Murphys Law is going to kick in at some point.

Keep spare parts on hand OR keep spare guns on hand OR both AND learn how your gun works so you can fix them. Normally I just bring like 5 guns that are in working condition with me when I go play. One gun goes down, I just grab the next one and repeat until I am either out of guns or until I fix one. Normally I play my guns like this:
1A)Autococker
1B)Automag
2A)Spyder--Have like 3 of them)
2B)Tippman
3) PMI III
The last two guns almost never break. The Spyder 95% of the problems end up being orings and you can pull the guns apart in put back together in 5 min. The Automag, depends on the weather and if it likes co2 that day or not. The autococker....yeah....good old autockers. LOL
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
thumper was referencing the fact that he believes...
close....

<meta name="description" content="Paintball Forums dedicated to old and rare paintball guns, and for players that just love the game. Online paintball forums with movies and other paintball related topics. Home of the Carter's Commando Paintball Scenario Team. Now partnered with Paintball News for the latest updates in the Paintball Industry" />
Old 10-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Quote:
you're 16, think about cars, motorcycles/dirt bikes and girls. girls can be just like paintball guns: tinker to much with them, and they don't want to work with or for you. cars, just earning enough money for gas and insurance can be the challenge in itself. dirt bikes have all the mud and getting dirty as paintball, but you don't have anyone shooting at you.

take it from me. for every 5 old guns, i have one that is newer, cause i want to know that its working. but for all those old guns, sometimes they want to work, sometimes i'm chasing gremlins till i pick up my anvil of a mag just to go play. you have to want to work on guns. you have to have bulldog stupidity that this gun won't get the best of me. then you learn from your mistakes and move on.
I have a Girlfriend and wensday is our 11 month anniversary.
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
48 weeks.
Hang your head in shame, you missed it. It was magnificent.
10 hail Chads and caress the nearest paintball gun in penitence.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogti9g9 View Post
I have a Girlfriend and wensday is our 11 month anniversary.
I'll spare you the story about how my relationship only lasted 11 months then

This gearbag challenge is something I started doing recently because i was sick of lugging extra markers and to the field. I can get everything expect for my pod pack and water/snacks in my gearbag and that's good enough for me. It's more like a "one trip" challenge, than a gearbag challenge, but it's for the same reasons.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
I'll spare you the story about how my relationship only lasted 11 months
I can whole heartedly tell You I won't have to worry or even think about This relation ship ending.
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
48 weeks.
Hang your head in shame, you missed it. It was magnificent.
10 hail Chads and caress the nearest paintball gun in penitence.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone