mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
...bring a gun that can handle a higher ROF when needed, and play it like a stock class gun...
I stole a chunk of Greenmtnphantom's post because I think it's a really good point.

If wipers are impacting your fun at a particular game, you can always bring out the higher firepower and play like it's a stock marker.

Then if you run into an issue you have the means to convince them to play nice at your fingertips.
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Old. Geek. Paintballer.

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Winning in real paintball isn't about walking off the field without hits, it's about taking as many hits as it takes to play to the very last game and have a blast
I must be a pro because I've taken a lot of hits over the years! The only Scenario I've been to (DDay OK) I felt like one of those targets at a carnival that turns around and goes the other way every time it's hit. I was on a first name basis with the dead box workers!

Oh, and use whatever you are comfortable with that day, don't tie yourself down to any one style unless you just want to. I prefer open class pump over anything because that's how I started 20+ years ago, but it can feel nice to throw strings of paint from time to time. Just make sure you are having fun, because that's what it's about.

NoForts4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Just realized that my comment made me come off as Lohman described.

For the record. I am perfectly content being the worst player on the field, as long as I'm on the field and not in the office.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Mega Z for sale: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...el-mega-z.html
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Needs a MARKER!!!

I'm going to agree with Murf425, use the equipment that you enjoy using. Also if your using a stock class marker in a big game, i'll have to say your a bad ***. Like the saying goes less paint more balls.
headbuster_916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Some of the posters on here are apparent paintball gods in that no matter what marker they use they dominate every player on the field. I consider myself pretty good when I have an electro marker and am not at an equipment disadvantage. On a scale of 1-10 I lose at least 3 or 4 points when I play stock class and go from pretty good to "not a liability". As long as I can remember that I can and do have fun playing stock class.

There are times when I simply "have" to be competetive to have fun. At those times I make sure to use competetive equipment.

I consider myself an average player at best. I own and use electros, mechs and pumps. My preference is to play pump, but I switch it around depending on my mood of the day and how much money I am comfortable spending on paint. I enjoy eliminating players regardless of the marker they are using an find a little extra joy in hitting the players with electros that are repainting the bunkers around me the color of the field paint.

My goal is to have fun every game. So far I have won every game I ever played.

We are lucky to still be talking about paintball.
Feedback

Last edited by The Flounder; 10-10-2012 at 03:35 PM.
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbuster_916 View Post
...if your using a stock class marker in a big game, i'll have to say your a bad ***.
I mainly do it 'cause I'm a cheapskate and hate buying paint.
But a big part of it is still walking onto the field feeling and looking like a total BAMF.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
playing stockclass = carrying a lot less stuff = a lot less tired at the end of a scenario
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
stock class has a place in scenario play in a big way. Personally every scenario game I've attended the pump guys be it SC/OC or mod have always had a big hand in swaying the outcome. You end up finding a role mostly in being fast mobile strike teams. In fact that was partially the role myself and some other pump guys played at Carnage. Being air dropped behind enemy lines then being fast in and out mobile strikes before using a 2 way radio to bring in the heavy artillery (aka the guys with full auto 12.5bps electros) to storm a particular point. I personally like playing pump either OC or SC at scenarios since it's just less weight to lug around a huge field for hours at a time. I don't mind a heavy marker setup if I'm having a chance to put it down ocassionally but when out playing for extended periods I love a light fast setup. Not to mention it plays to my strengths as a track sprinter.

With that in mind use what you like to use. I have an imp for those days that I feel like laying some paint and I just pre ordered a GoG eNMEy for days where my pumps might not work perfectly but an electro would be prohibitive (see bone chilling cold or days with rain or what have you)

Edit: Bored383 said it perfectly less stuff to carry less tired at the end of a scenario bang on perfect TL;DR to my post.

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

The role I found was in climbing stuff. The field we were at has a huge gulley in the middle, with high ground all around it. There's a 30' tall vertical drop-off next to the hyperball field. Having two free hands (holstered PGP) allowed me to climb that bluff using exposed tree roots, and side shoot the other team when they were in the hyperball tubes. When they'd shoot at me, I'd duck down under the edge, shimmy laterally a few feet, pop up, and repeat. It was awesome...and no way I'd have pulled it off with a fullsize gun.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
12lb seldge can fix it!!

Send a message via Yahoo to capt_cupcakes

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
i did it at Oklahoma D-Day this year!!! i had a BLAST!!!!!! and shot alot of people who wernt paying attition
Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
Bit of PB Wisdom "If it ends in '-ocker' and it is working; leave it the hell alone"
capt_cupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone