mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
My P12 came to me wrapped in a purple toddler girl's jacket. Dude said it was his daughter's that she'd outgrown.

I used the same one the next week when I shipped out the Kaos I sold.
I'm glad I threw that away then
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
We Didn't Listen!

So I learned that the French postal service doesnt like Americans (or at least me). I sent a package to someone on here and got a PM that said "look at this" with pictures of how he got the gun. Had tire tread marks and a boot print from were someone had punted it haha. Glad I over package things.
Rule #14: "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
Bay kou bliye, pote mak sonje. (The giver of the blow forgets, the bearer of the scar remembers)
flyinggobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinggobbo View Post
So I learned that the French postal service doesnt like Americans (or at least me).
It's not just you. Cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys don't like anybody
Old 10-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Not true, they just don't like people who can't speak French. But especially Americans.

Also, they don't like people who have poor taste in cheese.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Had many a headshake moments when I pick up packages and the first thing I hear is...

*TING TING TING*

Feedback
Please take a look at my anodizing album here: Tonsixer Anodizing
Tanongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #36 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Well... I can say with a degree of certainty that if it's not a hard sided box, USPS WILL open it and they WILL rearrange it to how they see fit.

Example:
I had an autococker I was going to play with when I was down in Georgia visiting my dad, since I couldn't take it in carry on I packaged it up by wrapping it up in towels and padding the living **** out of the box with more towels. When I got it the towels were all over the place with the cocker on the bottom, the frame taken off the gun (Thank god not wires were torn) the bolt pin misssing, and the beavertail bent. This is a marker that I personally packaged, labeled, and brought in, and I shipped it to myself knowing it would get there a day or two after I did.

It seems to be the same story every time I ship a marker in cardboard that's not a flat rate box, but when I ship it in a locked hard case I never have any issues.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
I bought a Freestyle off a member here, described as "works excellent"...so I was more than a little shocked when I screwed my tank in and dumped the entire contents straight down the barrel.
Hmmm... Got that same freestyle shipped back and it was stripped of some parts with the battery left on and dead. Never got everything back.

Worked the day I shipped it, payed for return shipping and cost of marker, and what do I get, a marker that is stripped of Neccesary parts to work, a dead battery and a trail of dissapoint ment to follow...

Not dealing with this guy again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Step 1: plant trees
Step 2: wait
---
No bunkers necessary, and your yard will look lovely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSpiff View Post
so i super durped and there was no oring on the top i dont know why i though there was lol

Now that i have said that on the internet it will never be forgotten X_X
My feedback:
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Lightly seasoned

Palmers Fan
Got a full set of brass pneumatics - included a fullsize brass Rock - in a regular envelope (not padded). They had been wrapped in toilet paper to pad it.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

First time i shipped anything was just a week or so ago. My brother moved to the UK and i just shipped him some of his paintball gear. When he got it, the box was smushed, blown out on the bottom, taped back up, and missing his sl8r + barrels.
Not sure if it just damaged and the marker case fell out, or someone took it.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; 10-22-2012 at 01:58 AM.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #40 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I've received an Alleycat packed in a pizza box with no padding. Barrel was loose and rolling around. Luckily nothing was damaged.

Since that experience I've gone completely OCD when I send markers out. I don't remember who mentioned it but I thought it was a great idea and I've started packing this way as well. I take a piece of cardboard and zip tie the marker to the card board. Pad the bottom of the box, place the marker board, more padding on top. Nothing ever rattles or even moves. I've never had a complaint.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone