mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

I am glad it's over. IMO, it was a big contributer to the decline of the sport. When a new player is looking at dropping $200 a trip for paint (because the 'pros' are shooting 3-4 cases) it really takes the wind out of a sports sails. That and, as pistol mentioned, rec players would quit after getting 30+ BPS thrown at them.
lordkyleofearth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Long over... That's why the prices of the guns have drastically come down. (along with other technological reasons).

Why do I need to $1500 gun, when this $400 gun does the exact same thing. With rate caps, one gun doesn't fire faster than another. So it becomes harder to justify the huge price difference to many of the younger / new users.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

In my opinion, for tournament ball, yes, way over with the BPS caps. For the non-competitive it's not nearly as it used to be.

Punkworks over on TechPB have a leaderboard up. In order to get on the leaderboard, one must:
1. No breaks / chops
2. You must provide at least 1 full second of shooting to be considered
3. You must include a handwritten piece of paper with your TechPB user name and the word "TechPB" (this is to prove you are you, and not claiming someone else's video)
4. You must provide a video that captures the gun AND the stream of paint downrange
5. Gun must be shooting between 250 and 300 fps.
6. Must use Paintballs. Reballs are not allowed.
7. You must link to the entry thread in the description of your video and post your video or a link to your video here to enter.
Here are the current standings:

Electro - hill - 26 bps
RT Mechanical - shooter311 - 29 bps
Mechanical- roshkehba - 10 bps
AT Pump - Warbeast - 9 bps
Pump - zop1o - 5 bps
Stock Class - Tribs 3BPS (this was the result of a competition just between stock classes in regards to the shooting as a whole, and not strictly BPS)

There were lots of claims but, no videos (with the above criteria) to back them up. In any case, it's been a while since anyone has correctly submitted.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
There were lots of claims but, no videos (with the above criteria) to back them up. In any case, it's been a while since anyone has correctly submitted.
thats because, nobody gives a ****. BPS dick measuring is lame.

thank god for ROF restrictions across the board... honestly if it weren't for that, speedball would be completely 6 feet under by now. arms races never do anyone good, ever.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Agreed...over!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
The instant PSP moved from 13.1(?) to the current 12.5 BPS, the arms race was over. Manufacturers shifted their focus away from BPS to light weight, efficient markers. Hell, the NPPL has an ROF cap set at 15, you think that sounds high but remember the NPPL does not allow ramping so getting to and maintaining 15 BPS is a chore. I don't believe any sole marker is responsible for this, more so the major tournament series capping BPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
thats because, nobody gives a ****. BPS dick measuring is lame.

thank god for ROF restrictions across the board... honestly if it weren't for that, speedball would be completely 6 feet under by now. arms races never do anyone good, ever.
Actually, I strongly disagree. From a technological point of view, I think it is worthwhile to actually have facts of what is possible instead of a bunch of wild *** manufacturer claims. The sole exception being the pump, Autotrigger, and stock class categories as those obviously depend directly on the operator.

Now, am I saying these claims or metrics matter at all to the sport? Absolutely not, and none of them make one a better player. But, personally, I find it enjoyable to see hard evidence after decades of hype and BS from the industry and players trying to talk themselves up.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
Would have been interesting to have seen what the mQ's were fully capable of (ie. they could cycle up to 100cps from what I remember).
My Aedes is based on the DW Aedes, and could do a silly high ROF. The valve is only open for 5 ms, or roughly 1/3 of the amount of time that an Ego is open. It's noticably faster. Of course, if you tried to cycle it that fast, good luck with the bolt surviving. I'd bet about any amount of money that the bolt and it's springs are completely obliterated within a test run or two, and I think Ty and Yoda would probably agree based on our experiences with it.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

Now let's see how fast you can fire a semi auto. Un-assisted.

Is your trigger finger faster than the next guy? Dod all those years of piano lessons pay off? And no walking the trigger. Just get your self in position and see who cramps up last.

Every gun has a story. What's yours?

frgood Feedback
Frgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Good question. I hope the bps race is over.

I remember when the "Hayabusa" motorcycle came out. Out of the showroom it could hit 200 mph! Then all of the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers had a meeting. They agreed to never build another 200 mph bike, and limited themselves to 180-something. 200 mph, they reasoned, was just too dang fast for a street bike.

Perhaps the paintball industry has had a Hayabusa moment - or that moment has been thrust upon them.
They did that before the Hayabusa. Look up the Japanese Automakers Gentleman's agreement. In the 90s they agreed to cap their cars at 250hp not to get into a horsepower battle like the dumb *** american automakers.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone