mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
WPO

Puma AP-5 Long Barrel

I am the proud owner of a pristine PUMA AP-5 Long Barrel an important and Historic part of the start of paintball. The first made for the sport pump action paintball gun. I would like to produce a PUMA 2 Long barrel updated and refined limited series of 200 guns so more players can enjoy the gun. What do the players think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Puma AP-5 Longbarreledited (2).jpg (47.7 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg PUMA reverse side viewedited (2).jpg (47.5 KB, 223 views)
WPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Neat idea, do you have the ability to reproduce these yourself or are you looking for some sort of group effort from the forum?

Personally it was love at first sight for me on vintage rex years ago, but because of the rarity id rather own a real one than copy. I know im not really helping much, but if for whatever reason you ever want to sell that piece drop me a line.
Wizbaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
WPO

Yes if the market wants it we can build it, thanks for the reply
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Excuse my ignorance, but is that a double barrel?
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I believe that it is very much like a Nightmare. So the top tube will hold 15ish paintballs, with the back portion (Behind the hole that links to two tubes) holding a 12 gram. Looking at VR, there is a pistol, the same as this but shorter barrel, and another one that looks much like this, but with a Crossman stock, CA adapter, and a pump handle that is long and has holes in it for most likely weight reduction.

Looks cool. If anything, I love the roundness of the Nightmare bodies, but either this or a new Nightmare would be cool.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Yea im stupid, for some reason that long sight rail on top made it look like a side by side double barrel to me.
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
WPO

Puma 2

Yeah the upper portion is the feed tube over the barrel, with a cigar tube holds 15 rounds. Back portion has a unique screw in plug with red button plunger to ignite the powerlet 12 gram.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
WPO

Nothing like a Nightmare, although the design was ripped off by Aldo in Canada who knocked out that piece of crap over and over again. The internals are different. The Guys in Ohio at PUMA Enterprises were dedicated hard working and committed. The C&C machining on the gun barrel is comparable to current machining and since this one is one of the very first maybe first 1-5 ever made, the grip assembly is cast aluminum and not quite that finished smooth. The grip covers are fiberglass. I had 4 PUMA'S 3 short barrels and the long barrel I traded in 88' for a short barrel. I also have the original Schematic and Manual that break down every part. Actually haven't even seen another long barrel to date.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Looks neat, don't forget to account for recent paint sizes. If you could give it cocker threads and bore the barrel for freak inserts it would be a big boost to the gun's appeal from a players standpoint.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Custom User Title

How did you end up with 4? Thats like someone owning 4 ICE Epics. Did you know the manufacture personally?

If you can find the time to do it, please scan the manuals and upload them to vintagerex.com. Youd be doing anyone with another of these a great service as no one has any information about these things.

BTW I wouldnt loose any sleep with a short barrel instead of an LB.
Wizbaa is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone