mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
ton up boy

So you didnīt stop the game? If someone looses a mask I yell stop the game as loud as I can. Probably even cover his head with my body. After itīs safe to move I will deal with the mask.

Iīve seen someone take shot in the eye, it came through a net. One of the most scary things Iīve witnessed.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
baader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

booo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
So we have this castle on the field and my team gets to defend. Our side starts out behind the castle and after the whistle blows I tuck into the closest bunker. There is a pile of bodies stacked up behind the castle and I took a look for my son and see one of the little guys sitting on the ground with his mask around his neck.
I know the place you are talking about, and I have grown a serious disdain for that field. It's sad because that's the first field I played at. The fields have barely changed in 16 years and the rental equipment is apparently the same too. Gateway Paintball and Xtreme are much better places to play IMO.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by baader View Post
So you didnīt stop the game? If someone looses a mask I yell stop the game as loud as I can. Probably even cover his head with my body. After itīs safe to move I will deal with the mask.

Iīve seen someone take shot in the eye, it came through a net. One of the most scary things Iīve witnessed.
My first thought was to secure the kid, which is what I did. Luckily he was behind the castle and couldn't get shot where he was at. I physically held his mask in place and yelled to the ref to let us out and walked the kid to the dead box.

I've seen a post about what you talk about (maybe it was yours?) and honestly that pic of the dude with the messed up eyeball has me wearing my mask when I'm in range of a field, regardless of netting.

This thing all happened so quick, and out of view of the ref, so he really didn't have a chance to do anything about it. However, as some have said here, the guy handing out equipment could have prevented the situation too. Stay safe out there fellas.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntninja View Post
The part that concerns me the most with the whole story is the fields rental staff doing a piss poor job of maintaining their gear. That is unacceptable. You payed for a good and in return should be receiving gear/goods that are in proper order. The idiot handing out the gear needs to be canned for allowing a youngster to walk off with a mask strap in poor shape that provides very little safety.
This was my thought also.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

You know I was sitting here thinking about playing open play alone. I normally go to the field alone.

When I used to run I simply wrote an emergency contact number on my race number. I wonder if there is a good way to do this on paintball wristbands. If someone were to get hurt how long would it take to find the right number to call someone at?
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
This was my thought also.
+1.. What really ticks me off is that fact that someone has to get hurt to get the attention of the managers/owners.

My personal concern would be with the durability of the lenses on the goggles. The field that doesn't mind worn out straps on goggles issues to 10 year olds is very likely to neglect replacing the lenses on the rental goggles as they become stress cracked, worn out, and uv damaged. Goggles are only a safety precaution if the lenses are in good working order. Otherwise they are a dangerous liability and a dangerous false sense of security.

IMO: the pb industry needs much more regulation to actually be considered safe - especially when it comes to novice players and rental gear.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
You know I was sitting here thinking about playing open play alone. I normally go to the field alone.

When I used to run I simply wrote an emergency contact number on my race number. I wonder if there is a good way to do this on paintball wristbands. If someone were to get hurt how long would it take to find the right number to call someone at?
I wear brass dog tags with my name, DOB and my mums phone number... Gives me a little peace of mind.

And good job Manning, glad the kid got out of there ok!
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Where I play, they use the buddy system. They have a little guy with one of the older regulars at the field if a parent is not with them. Most times parents wait outside the field netting or on the field with a ref jersey on.
ilivlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

I guesse unless you work at a paintball park you won't realized how offten paintball fields are use as a free baby sitters. As a player and the Head Reff at the field i work i always try and keep an eye out for the little guys.

billy
Billy6977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post

Check out Road ID. They have all sorts of ID bracelets, and dog tags.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone