mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Kudos to Ninja Paintball (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/217894-kudos-ninja-paintball.html)

Falcon16 11-06-2012 12:39 PM

Kudos to Ninja Paintball

So I figured with my CS experience with Ninja they have gone above and beyond and really deserve a hand. To make a long story short I had the gelcoat issue on my 50/45. I contacted Ninja they sent me the UPS label and I got it out on the 17th of last month. The story goes awry when it crosses the border UPS literally LOST my tank they have NO idea where it is. So it winds through internal investigation and they still can't find it. To Nate and Ray and Dave over at Ninja you guys really stepped up. Nate kept me in the loop and let me know what they were doing contacting Gaston corp (the tank manufacturer) and UPS and basically beating down all the doors looking for my tank but all the while in constant contact with me :). Just this morning I got a call from Dave and he told me that UPS had confirmed lost it through their own internal investigation and that he'd be sending me a brand spanking new tank shipped out in morning :clapping::clapping::clapping:.

All I have to say is FANTASTIC CS guys keep up the great work you guys make a great product and provide excellent service and it was UPS that dropped the ball but Ninja picked it up and ran it to the house for a TD!

After this experience I will be a loyal Ninja customer for a VERY VERY long time.

EDIT: video summary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTF1I7xhYc

Marmaduke 11-06-2012 12:51 PM

Glad to hear that you were taken care of! Currently not in the market for a new tank, but when I am, I'll ordering Ninja due to all of the great stories like yours.

idkfa 11-06-2012 01:01 PM

Ninja are top notch. I find it a little ridiculous, however, that they continue to make tanks with the cosmetic gel coating that invariably cracks. It's just frustrating to have to send tanks back.

Ninja is now a well known and proven manufacturer in paintball. They have high quality and customer service behind them, they don't need to rely on gimmicky "black ninja" cosmetic coatings to sell tanks. After trading my cracked gel black tank in for a 50/4500 grey tank I have never been happier.

I am hoping the new Dura line will do really well and set them even further apart. I can see a Ninja 45/4500 coming my way at some point in the near future.

Falcon16 11-06-2012 01:24 PM

Just got off the phone with Ray at Ninja I specifically asked about the gelcoat and he told me that tanks from around April-June or so of this year were coated with the formulation that caused the cracking issue. He said they stopped production had the formulation re done and tanks from August onwards should not experience it. Once again just another feather in Ninja's cap for being able to answer the hard hitting questions like that.

idkfa 11-06-2012 01:49 PM

My tank was born in July 2009 and cracked. I have seen reports of cracked tanks from that time until very recently. I don't think it is as isolated an issue as they may be indicating. It seems like any tank before August of this year would be at risk for cracking.

However, I really hope they have figured it out. :thumbup:

Ninja Paintball 11-06-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idkfa (Post 2526272)
My tank was born in July 2009 and cracked. I have seen reports of cracked tanks from that time until very recently. I don't think it is as isolated an issue as they may be indicating. It seems like any tank before August of this year would be at risk for cracking.

However, I really hope they have figured it out. :thumbup:

you are correct and we do not hide this fact that a small amount of ninja tanks have cracked from previous years but the problem got worse this spring.

please understand that it is not every tank but all ninja tanks are covered until the first hydro date.

idkfa 11-06-2012 01:57 PM

Thanks Ninja!

I didn't mean to come off as overly critical, I feel that a company with such great customer service and quality can afford some scrutiny.

That being said I am very happy with my Ninja tank and if the gel issue has been taken care of it is great news for Ninja customers. :thumbup:

EDIT: Since you are here, is there any plan to offer a 45/4500 tank with the grey ghost coating? Or is it strictly the Dura range?

Ninja Paintball 11-06-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idkfa (Post 2526280)
Thanks Ninja!

I didn't mean to come off as overly critical, I feel that a company with such great customer service and quality can afford some scrutiny.

That being said I am very happy with my Ninja tank and if the gel issue has been taken care of it is great news for Ninja customers. :thumbup:

EDIT: Since you are here, is there any plan to offer a 45/4500 tank with the grey ghost coating? Or is it strictly the Dura range?

we have some 45/4500 grey in stock but are discontinuing them for the moment but they are dot only.
need to see where the dura 45 goes and if there is a demand for it?

Millar156 11-06-2012 03:53 PM

I just sent in my 68/45 for a gel coating repair. The process was very easy and I had my repaired tank back in under 2 weeks. Their Customer Service is outstanding.

No Mercy Ever 11-07-2012 02:25 PM

Ninja are pretty much the cream of the crop. Having met the guys there a few years back, I was very impressed with them, their dedication to the equipment, and their dedication to the players.