mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Whiskey-Tango-Hotel (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/217927-whiskey-tango-hotel.html)

ironnerd88 11-06-2012 06:18 PM

Whiskey-Tango-Hotel

So I was at the local gun store today - if you vote, you get to enter a free drawing for a gun of some kind. >>Georgia<< But I digress...

On one of the shelves they have TWO NEW IN BOX Stingray II's. And they can be yours for $60... each... That's the marked down price... :rolleyes:

How do I convince the owner of the joint that they are only worth $25, and that he'll never sell them at that price?

Anybody know what they were wholesale?

The Inflicted 11-06-2012 06:20 PM

Make him an offer.
He'll refuse.
Wait a month and offer again.
Repeat as necessary.

Fubarius 11-06-2012 06:34 PM

At $60 they're already below original retail. Remember, those originally sold for $100+ new.

For $25 a piece you can buy used stingrays all day on line, but those of course are used, not new in box. Even if you showed him the Blue Book listing here (assuming he accepts it as a valid source), he may still want more due to condition.

MaD 11-06-2012 07:04 PM

They're Stingrays. They're not a very rare gun. The NIB condition doesn't add a ton of value honestly. A turd in a pretty box is still a turd. (no offense to the stingray but having owned dozens of them I would be perfectly content to never see one again). Forget about them and move on.

lexiones 11-06-2012 07:25 PM

They have been on his shelf for about 10 years now.......I doubt he's all that attached. Make him an offer. Unless he's a gunshop wingnut (technical term) he will likely accept.

ironnerd88 11-06-2012 08:45 PM

Here's the best part... I offered him $30 each... three years ago, at the OLD Store - no bite. Just kills me to see them got to waste like that. Truly a fun little gun (Tinkerer's dream). He'll probably throw them away to make room for more black powder stuff. [shrug]

Jkoselka 11-06-2012 09:11 PM

Then it is dumpster diving time!!!

elraido 11-06-2012 11:25 PM

He is waiting for some kid and his parents to come along and see them. "only $60...why not, could be fun". He isn't losing money having them sit on the shelf.

chopper duke 11-07-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironnerd88 (Post 2526510)
So I was at the local gun store today - if you vote, you get to enter a free drawing for a gun of some kind. >>Georgia<< But I digress...

On one of the shelves they have TWO NEW IN BOX Stingray II's. And they can be yours for $60... each... That's the marked down price... :rolleyes:

How do I convince the owner of the joint that they are only worth $25, and that he'll never sell them at that price?

Anybody know what they were wholesale?

I know what store you mean and refuse to shop there. They staff is full of ignorant, arrogant people so good luck getting them to listen to sound reason. Prices on some stuff (real steel) is good, but not good enough to make me deal with them.

ironnerd88 11-07-2012 01:13 PM

If I didn't live 1/4 mile away, I would not bother with them either.