mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Grillz... i just don't see myself wearing anything else in the near future. Issues like these are why i haven't picked up a pair of flex's yet.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Pffft. at least you lost hearing in an appropriate ear. Last time I went out, I took a hit to the left ear and couldn't hear outta my right ear.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Moose!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I've taken a couple of bad hits to the ears while wearing both Flex's and ProAxis's, and I have been lucky enough to not take any real damage. I had a two game stent doing PB photography where I took five hits to the right ear, and luckily all it ended up doing was cauliflower-ing it for a few hours.
MCB Feedback
TechPB Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
a midget moose and a cross dressing pump player........yeah that seems about on par for MCB lol
War0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
This past Saturday I was shot directly in the ear, well it hit the JT soft ear, for the first time in my career. In 15+ years I can't remember ever getting hit there.

It didn't hurt, but I did lose hearing for about 10 seconds, it was like the scene in Saving Private Ryan where the grenade went off right next to Tom Hanks. It was a weird muffled, oceany, ringing sound. Is this normal, and would hard ears stop this.
i guess you were... within earshot... of another player
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Gun Designer

Ive been bunkered so many times playing snake in the ears it just doesnt matter anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
MIballer's exploits during his career in MI6 are what the Austin Powers movies are based on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
In a fight of Superman and Chuck Norris...MIballer wins
MIballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I wear a full flex 8 helmet. And I still have had my bell rung a few times playing. One time a guy shot me right behind my ear (on my helmet) and I thought my alarm was going off the dinging was so loud, lol.

Another time I got shot through the side and filled my ear with paint, so much that I couldn't hear out of that ear until I cleaned it out. You don't realize how much paint is inside a paintball until ALL of it fills your ear canal.

I am surprised more players don't use full helmets, especially for kids... You can still get your bell rung, but it is way better than NO helmet...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

I play with a gas mask. No ear protection. My solution was to sew leather squares into my black beanie.

Turns out it doesn't work too well against teammates you were staring at for a full minute.
I got the ringing in my ear for a good minute.

I still run my setup, my ears can fend for themselves.

B-17 feedback

Last edited by B-17; 11-07-2012 at 10:22 AM.
B-17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
Woodsball Connoisseur

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i guess you were... within earshot... of another player
WHAT?
Xbox live: Grendal50
Grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
CxT
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendal50 View Post
WHAT?
Its in reference to the CSI Miami Meme, where horatio says a catchy pun. In this case, earshot referring to being within hearing range (or ear-ringing range =p), or being shot in the ear (ear-shot)
CxT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hey BLach, I was the guy that gatted you in the ear. The next day at NEPL, my mini-soft ears shifted up a bit and I got shot pretty much straight in the bottom of the ear. They have larger profile soft ears but the whole point of soft ears is that they are light and can deflect paint. Hard ears would probably help.

Last year I brought a friend to Gravity League; he used to play paintball and didn't really play in awhile. I lent him a pair of my Proflexes with mini soft ears. Somehow, a shot went THROUGH the soft ear and struck him in the ear. He was extremely disoriented for awhile.

The weird thing is that the shot looked like a "glancing" shot. I was facing you, as opposed to shooting you from the side. There was some angle, but it wasn't like a perpendicular hit. Must be one of those weird paintball freak accidents. It was a good time either way, hope to play with you soon.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone