mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
There are firearm-->airsoft conversion kits now?
What a terrible idea.
There might be, but that isn't what's going on here. The story talks about two different things going on in one place; the use of Simunitions (Simunition Non-Lethal Training Ammunition Training for the real world Conversion Kits Protective Equipment Spare Parts Fx Marking Cartridges Securiblank Cartridges) in actual firearms (which is an established training technique) and the rental of airsoft guns for separate activities.
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Driving to Montana I saw a bunch of sweet places in Montana and south dakota that id love up play at.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
There was an old Titan 3 missile silo for sale near Sturgis, that once all the water was pumped out, would be an awesome place to play. There would need to be a lot of work to make the 3 silos more useful, but it would be cool.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymcneer View Post
There was an old Titan 3 missile silo for sale near Sturgis, that once all the water was pumped out, would be an awesome place to play.
-We talked about that a couple of times over on the Guild, in the same kind of "wouldn't that be cool" sort of discussion.

The problem is, as you can see from the map, it's mostly tunnel. Yeah, there's some large rooms (though they're not as big as you might think) but getting from one big room to another is at best either a single chokepoint (a doorway) or at worst, a hundred-yard-long tunnel.

It'd be one thing if the tunnel were like 50 or 60 feet wide at least, but from most of the pictures shown online, they're at most 12 feet wide, some clearly less than that. It'd be like playing ball in a culvert.

The actual silos are also basically big holes- the accessways are usually towards the ceiling. You'd either need to build a bunch of catwalks, or whole floors, or whatever.

Now yeah, if you had unlimited cash, it's be cool to fill one of those silos with like eight or ten floors, where each floor is connected by firepoles, slides, ramps and ladders (plus red warning beacons, emergency klaxons that go off at random times, and an announcer that says "You now have fourteen minutes to reach minimum safe distance!" periodically... )

But really, as cool as a silo complex would be, it'd be a poor paintball field. Those old civil war forts would be way cooler.

Doc.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #35 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
The missile silo was just a "thought" There are many other cooler places to play... One of the guys posted some old factory (I think) that has been turned into a field... Someplace in Europe (Yes, I am being lazy and not looking for the thread)

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak compatible and Equation inserts in .665, .670, .675, .678, .680 and .685

Current Freak compatible inserts in stock:
.665 = 0, .670 = 16, .675 = 3, .678 = 4, .680 = 4, .682 = 4, .685 = 11

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
I work in an underground hard rock gold mine. Needless to say I think about playing there all the freakin time. Caplamps and all that would be awesome. Lots of walking uphill for one team at least. If there was equipment in the haul roads and just random stuff everywhere it would be a pretty sweet place to play.

Another place I think about playing would be Chernobyl....... Without the radiation of course. If there was no radiation and it was just left the way it is now would be a friggin awesome place to play.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #37 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
Another place I think about playing would be Chernobyl....... Without the radiation of course. If there was no radiation and it was just left the way it is now would be a friggin awesome place to play.
Maybe that's why people live there.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #38 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
Locally where I'd love to play:
- Old Solo cup factory, big rooms, machinery to hide behind, sitting vacant while they wait to knock it down for a Wegmans
- The nearby mall is going to be knocked down next year to make way for an open air concept. I'd love to play in the mall, or even just one of the big anchor store spaces.
- There's also an old medical complex of some kind, might be an abandoned rehab facility or something, lots of medium-size buildings and space in between.
"WHY is that guy licking Criticals pants?"
My Feedback
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #39 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

^^^^
Well... would a Hostess bakery work?

I just learned of a field here in the ATL that used to be a 2-story hotel! I wanna try it!

[LINK 001]
[LINK 002] Lame video, but does show the fields.
[LINK 003]

And, NO, I don't work for these guys - have not even played there yet. But I think my next outing will be at Safety Wolf (if they are still open).
Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #40 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Maybe that's why people live there.
I'm talking where the plant went down.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone