mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I think its a bit over the top to really complain about this assuming that it is made right.

That being said I understand the frustration. I will buy a Dye pack because they produce the one I want. That being said I would be bothered if a pack that costs more than most others had this type of problem. This one was pretty obvious and should have been caught at numerous points.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996XJ View Post
PPS markers are made in the U.S., does that make them reliable?
burn!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop View Post
I don't understand, did this become the complaint department?
First it was dye products, now its "fanbois" (is that french?).
You were given three polite responses to your outlandish post, and now you are name calling the people who helped you. Class act.
Can't say I blame him when the first response he gets accuses him of starting a witch hunt, along with calling his post outlandish.

There is nothing wrong with his first post. He paid high dollar expecting a high quality piece of gear and was confronted with subpar gear with a serious lack of quality control. He has every right to be pissed off.

All of that said, unless something was bought online it should always be checked out thoroughly before leaving a store. Obviously, that isn't an option when buying from an online retailer.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

happened to me once. i just learned to sew. it's just less difficult than calling and making the clerk feel bad.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
I posted it on pbn and immediately got 2 responses. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. So far it just looks like fanbois getting their panties in a bunch on here...
The nail that sticks out, gets hammered. So what were the responses you got from dye? Free stuff or go to hell?
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Gun whore to the core

Brass N Wood Fan
I stopped buying Dye stuff this year. Had three different soft goods rip at the seams before I even played a game with it.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
I'm sure glad I asked for martix's opinion though
I'm a HUGE dye fanboy, thanks for notiing. I own DAM, and every single year of the DM marker, I thoroughly run over every piece of DYE gear daily, because they're always flawless. (I'm up to 63 pieces of soft gear and 3 I4's!) I have Dave Youngblood on speed dial, just in case. (one time he shipped me pants with a snag in it, I called him ASAP and he sent me new ones for free)

"I got a curly fry mixed in with my straight cut fries...I guess i'm never going back to that place. I'll also post about it on the internet to make sure nobody else does, either!"

you're a paintballer, and a member of this forum, meaning you're most likely resourceful, and know how to handle things like an adult. A quick hit with a sewing machine or needle/thread by hand would take care of this. If you can't go that route, a quick call or email to the manufacturer will get this taken care of. I've had a few pieces of gear end up bad, or showed up broken and I didn't go airing my grievances on forums about it. You can't check everything over at a 100% success rate, everything made will eventually be shipped with some sort of overlooked flaw.

Last edited by martix_agent; 11-13-2012 at 04:04 PM.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgunslingerx View Post
I stopped buying Dye stuff this year. Had three different soft goods rip at the seams before I even played a game with it.
...and we're not exactly their favorite people in the world.

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
All hail Chad!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Posting here was premature if Dye hasn't been contacted. I despise outsourcing and the only Dye product I own is a set of grips on a second-hand Mag, but I'm not really sure what OP is trying to accomplish with this thread.

Call Dye, and report back. If they tell you to pound sand then I'll join the hater chorus. Remember though, if you make yourself an annoyance, human inclination is to do just enough to get you to go away. If a customer was courteous, I'd go to bat for 'em with management, when I had one of those jobs. Otherwise, I'm very sorry sir, but policy is policy. I'll be sure to register your complaint.
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Wait, whoever said Dye makes good soft gear in the first place? I always thought of Dye as the yen to RAP4's yang. Dye makes outstanding hard goods; RAP4 doesn't. Dye makes overengineered, costly soft goods with useless "features" and has QC problems; RAP4 is again the opposite - cheap, tough as nails soft goods.

Besides, if you want anything done right, especially in the realm of paintball soft gear made in quota-busting factories, you have to order it custom or do it yourself.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone