mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

DYE Quality Control?

I bought a DYE attack pod pack and look at what happened before I could even attach it to the vest

I noticed a "Made in China" sticker, I'm sure that's it, I mean this thing wasn't even sewn on. I'll return it to the retailer, but if anything else from Dye comes apart like this it will be the last thing from that company that I buy. I have owned Brass Eagle soft goods that didn't do this ****.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Sounds to me like you're on a witch hunt and looking for a fight. DYE sells thousands of items and they're known for high quality(albeit, expensive) items.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Witch hunt maat be extreme, stuff does occasionally slip through the QC cracks. I've bought many soft goods from Dye and they've always been top notch products.
canuckistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Take it back to the store
CALMLY explain whats wrong
When they bring out a different one for you, pop the box and check it.

It doesn't matter what i buy or where i buy it from, I CHECK THAT **** BEFORE I LEAVE THE STORE.

Lesson learned. At least it wasnt something actually important. You know like a contractor taking your money to do your roof, ripping the old one off and then leaving the state never to be seen again...

Because that first post is roughly the equivalent of saying: "I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT A FLAT TIRE! IF I EVER GET ANOTHER, I'M SWITCHING CAR BRANDS!

Last edited by Melvin; 11-13-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Honestly, the "made in China" excuse is silly, the VAST majority of all paintball equipment is outsourced to Asia. It honestly almost ALWAYS has no bearing on quality.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well, Dye normally makes good stuff. For this kind of qc to slip through for a top priced item is a PITA. I've always felt that DYe's gear was overpriced, there are plenty of other options that I'm sure won't show up in pieces. I'm sure glad I asked for martix's opinion though

I posted it on pbn and immediately got 2 responses. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. So far it just looks like fanbois getting their panties in a bunch on here...

The fact remains that I would expect this from likes of Brass Eagle, not Dye. The irony is that that is the opposite of how it turned out.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
Well, Dye normally makes good stuff. For this kind of qc to slip through for a top priced item is a PITA. I've always felt that DYe's gear was overpriced, there are plenty of other options that I'm sure won't show up in pieces. I'm sure glad I asked for martix's opinion though

I posted it on pbn and immediately got 2 responses. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. So far it just looks like fanbois getting their panties in a bunch on here...

The fact remains that I would expect this from likes of Brass Eagle, not Dye. The irony is that that is the opposite of how it turned out.
I don't understand, did this become the complaint department?
First it was dye products, now its "fanbois" (is that french?).
You were given three polite responses to your outlandish post, and now you are name calling the people who helped you. Class act.
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
Give Dye a call they will make this right.
lexiones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

PPS markers are made in the U.S., does that make them reliable?
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
I always close both my eyes and use the force.
1996XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post

Just by posting this you asked for peoples opinions, if you're that butthurt about a product you bought locally then exchange it for a different brand. I actually do not use any Dye products, so calling me a fan-boy is just ridiculous.

You're like the outraged mother that expects to get something free because a company wronged them. Instead of bad-mouthing a company for a one time slip you could have taken the high road, exchanged it, and gone on with your day. Now you get to deal with guys like me, that understand the customer isn't always right, sometimes they're just impossible.
Cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone