mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #111 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Heinous (not to pick on you specifically, you're just an easy target with the YouTube link in your sig ), is your camera stunt really that different? It's trickery! Is it that different from 'dead man walking,' an example another poster used? The point is that it's all different levels of grey. MCB has a standard for honorable play, so gently correct and move on. (Heinous, for the record I think that the camera move was on the right side of the line and took big brass ones to pull off.)
as a short answer, i see it this way: if you do something the refs specifically say is not allowed, then you've crossed the line.

granted every field has its own rules, but a few are quite commonly agreed upon, like raising your arm and/or verbally calling out to verify you are eliminated. thus, for example: dead man walk is ok in my eyes; but dead man walk after you raised your arms or yelled "out" is not ok in my eyes.

a key part of my stunt was that i stayed completely within the rules. i started with the group, i stayed on the side line, i kept my team tape on my shoulder, etc. i could have legally done that in a walk on game and it would have been legal in the fields here, albeit it would piss off a hoard more people.

i don't know what it's like where the OP plays, but every orientation i went to here on the west coast specifically points out that players being paintchecked are not in play and should not be shot at. i imagine many other fields elsewhere have this rule as well, which would explain why the OP is getting so much flak here.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #112 (permalink)
Stock Class vs Agglets!!!

To be clear - Liberty Paintball in Patterson NY, the field that Kanas is referring to, has rules that state that when being checked by a referee, the player is still in play and is fair game for shooting at.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #113 (permalink)

Playing shady is just fine as long as you're using a pump vs electros, but only on MCB. :dodgy:

EMPIRE AXE - REDLINE OLED
LURKER EIGENBARREL - EIGENBOSS BOLT
CRITICAL AXIOM TRIGGER - NANO FEEDNECK
EMPIRE Z2 - NINJA 50/4500
Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #114 (permalink)
meatballs

Have you read the thread? Do you still think most people think its fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Playing shady is just fine as long as you're using a pump vs electros, but only on MCB. :dodgy:
Old 11-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #115 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
This thread has me balking against MCB.

Kanas posted something that he admitted was sneaky. It's a grey area. Dark grey, in my humble opinion, but still grey. So correct him. When you see someone screw up, you call 'em out and give him a chance to repent. This thread, with a couple exceptions, has stooped to mockery and isn't the kind of MCB family response I would expect.
You grew up in different setting then I did. In my environment if peers wanted to adjust your behavior they very seldom did it by taking you aside and talking nicely to you. They mocked you. I don't see where it has gotten that bad here.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 11-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #116 (permalink)
pump snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by broder View Post
Have you read the thread? Do you still think most people think its fine?
he's just trolling.... again
Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #117 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
he's just trolling.... again
Yes. Yes he was. Again....

Let's try to keep this civil, folks. I personally think this is a productive thread topic. But not if we devolve into personal attacks.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Old 11-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #118 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

I dont really see it as folks just coming down on a youth for no reason

several of us have said our peace quite nicely and are hoping that the OP understands our points as well.

its like this

because what he did he got an advantage he felt it was all cool so he shared his cool trick with the locals

the locals explain that his trick was something frowned upon because its still wrong to abuse the paint check call when its being used for tying down a player and ref (and hoping the player sticks out naively) exploiting a feature in paintball is not the same as exploiting a feature in xbox /shrug (tho even in online gaming personally I frown still =P)

maturity means being able to take a moment to see what others are really trying to say - are we coming down on him a bit (the op) sure because many of us see his trick as wrong. Are we doing it to be mean - no we want him to see our point of view. pushing yourself to your limits and finding legit advantages is way cool - tricking folks and abusing the rules - not cool.

at least thats my 2c

=)

my mcb feedback
Old 11-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #119 (permalink)
Killer Kanas

Thanks all for your input, and now I see it. I was bending the rules around to beat cheaters, BUT I was cheating myself. It was a dumb mistake and I am happy I shared it... Ben
Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #120 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanas View Post
Thanks all for your input, and now I see it. I was bending the rules around to beat cheaters, BUT I was cheating myself. It was a dumb mistake and I am happy I shared it... Ben
Hats off to you. That took balls of steel to say that.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone