mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Taking a step back for a moment, why confront him in a game? It's just that, a game, meant for fun. By stooping to their level you are dishonoring everything about this game.

Instead, call them out on it in the safety area. You'd be surprised how much a well placed quip can put people in their place. Embarrassment is a good motivator.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Someone here thinks much more highly of himself and his abilities then he should. Trust me if there is something that is less than honest and gives you a competetive advantage it has already been thought of in paintball.

Telling people about it and trying to rebuild or maintain your integrity is an extremely hard proposition.

No we do not think you are super smart and talented. No you are not the first person to think of nearly every way they can gain an advantage. No we are not impressed.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Killer Kanas

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Taking a step back for a moment, why confront him in a game? It's just that, a game, meant for fun. By stooping to their level you are dishonoring everything about this game.

Instead, call him out on it in the safety area. You'd be surprised how much a well placed quip can put people in their place.
An intervention with the wiper for me never work... I used to always approach them asking why they would wipe, in a respectful way not yelling or getting in their face. So far evert time the "I'm not wiping, you just SUCK" comes up. Or believe it or not, a 40 year old once asked me to fight him.... No one every admits it, even if I have it on film.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Free Range Human

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanas View Post
I normally do this not to get the enjoyment of getting someone out, I know its cheap.... If some guy is just not leaving, wiping, and pinning me down when I have already popped him a couple times. This gives me a chance to get the shot off.
Ok, I see your angle now. To make sure the ref sees the shot first-hand on a wiper. I can dig that.

If it's green, I want it
Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Killer Kanas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Someone here thinks much more highly of himself and his abilities then he should. Trust me if there is something that is less than honest and gives you a competetive advantage it has already been thought of in paintball.

Telling people about it and trying to rebuild or maintain your integrity is an extremely hard proposition.

No we do not think you are super smart and talented. No you are not the first person to think of nearly every way they can gain an advantage. No we are not impressed.
Never wanted to impress anyone, could care less what people think about me. Though I would share it if people ever had this happen to them and learn not to stop playing unless the field rules say so.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanas View Post
Never wanted to impress anyone, could care less what people think about me. Though I would share it if people ever had this happen to them and learn not to stop playing unless the field rules say so.
At this point when I play paintball I would rather take the chance that someone is going to use a dirty trick against me then cheat. If I have to pause while the ref does a paintcheck, and adjust, its better then accidentally cheating.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 11-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

So technically at his field it's not cheating. So I won't call it that, still seems a bit shady to me since I've always played that a player is not in play while being checked, but if that field is different then its legal, but maybe not the best thing to do. Sneaky yes, but not something I'm gonna blast a guy about.

Does seem a bit shadier than dry firing by turning your gun upside down and then getting someone when they expose themselves. Though that tactic doesn't encroach on any normal field rules that I can think of.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
Old 11-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Spoon

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
alot of people here think much more highly of himself and his abilities then he should.
fixed, your statement can go to half the people in this thread.
C'mon, this is America. You know some of that "time better spent elsewhere" is playing paper football and scoping out milfs. Productivity is never 100%. America.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
That is shady. At my home field, if the ref is checking someone, they are out of play.
About half the fields I go to use this practice too. When I was taught to ref, in the '90s, a paint check would begin with the ref calling the player neutral. There were established hand signals for this and everything.

In my experience, it's quite common for a ref to ask a player to move their arm or something to assist them in making a check, especially if the opposing player has specified a body part he thinks was hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post

Stop making excuses for being an *******.
Agreed. If you're going to play dishonorably, don't compound your sins by being dishonest about it.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

note to self, new yorkers cheat at paintball, and love to brag about it too.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone