mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   an anti-rant (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/218700-anti-rant.html)

Bored383 11-15-2012 11:24 PM

an anti-rant

I am really, really lucky to be playing paintball where I am now. There are numerous great fields all relatively close by. There is an extensive community of like minded players as me - pump and MCB. And there is never a shortage of events or private games to attend that I know will be full of very challenging and very honorable players - who all seem to also have fantastic senses of humor and rarely let their egos get away with them.

I would start running down of list of my paintball friends, but I am sure to miss people . . . suffice to say that the MCB SoCal crew are a terrific bunch . . . Those Pump Guys are always great to play with, ever challenging . . . some of the people I've met and played paintball with out here are folks who I read about in APG wwaaaayyyy back when, and it kind of blows my mind a little.

And the one really awesome thing about it all is that everyone makes the effort to make the sport great - it isn't magic that things are so awesome, it is that everyone does their part to be great players with integrity, and is looking out not just for their own enjoyment but for everyones. Even outside of the groups I mention above that I regularly play with, there are lots of others out here that are the same.

I love this sport

heinous 11-15-2012 11:36 PM

no, forums are not set up to accommodate praises. leave that for when our group meets irl.

RatFink 11-15-2012 11:43 PM

I hear you. After FEW last weekend, I'm in paintball bliss...We had so many great games and didn't need a ref all weekend. There is such a great group of guys here, as well as excellent weather and fields... Now I'm looking forward to Sunday's Autocockers™ Vs. the World game. Life is good my friend.

Venarius 11-16-2012 01:34 AM

anti rant accepted.

Horizon 11-16-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2535391)
no, forums are not set up to accommodate praises. leave that for when our group meets irl.

Yes, I agree. Would a moderator please close this thread before it gets out of hand?

Bored383 11-16-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 2535718)
Yes, I agree. Would a moderator please close this thread before it gets out of hand?

:(

FreeEnterprise 11-16-2012 11:38 AM

I had the burden of playing with some guys from MCB at our last event.

Really nice guys, and a ton of fun to play with...

Jackson 11-16-2012 11:42 AM

I wish I could say the same about paintball around here. Seems to have gone down hill lately. Too many attitudes.

My wife and I are thinking about eventually moving to SoCal. Glad to hear the paintball community is thriving there.

RatFink 11-16-2012 11:06 PM

Red Rover Red Rover, send Jackson & his lady on over...

Jackson 11-18-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatFink (Post 2536363)
Red Rover Red Rover, send Jackson & his lady on over...

Haha. It will be a few years at least. She has to finish up her PhD and I will be starting my masters soon which will require a few years at the company since they'll be paying for it.