mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Question Do you fall down?... Or just avoid those areas.

I've been playing for years, and our field has some really steep hills, that you literally have to crawl up if you try to go up them. And when you go down, you often end up just sliding barely in control.

It is quite fun, but without proper boots, you could twist an ankle... or worse.

Anyway, when playing I often fall down. This strikes me funny, and I am usually laying there laughing, (unless I am being shot at, then I am madly crawling for cover!). I end up using my knee pads to crawl up steep hills or creek banks in just about every game.

But, I find a lot of guys like to stick to the trails and the easier terrain, as they don't want to risk falling down. And that really limits your game, if you stick with the regular paths, as those are usually guarded.

What do you think? Do you stay away from natural areas that will probably end with you staring at the tops of the trees? Or do you tighten up your boots, and go for it?

If you have watched my video's I always put my falling down in them... Course since you can't see me laying on my back, most viewers probably don't realize I am laying on the ground!

Here is a video I put up last week. In it I ate it bigtime, it had rained all day before this event, and I fell all the way down on my back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqgOF0MZ0-I

mobile link

Fun Sniper Head Shot Trails of Doom Fall Woodsball Paintball Capture the Flag Awesome - YouTube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cannon fodder

Fan of EMR
I used to take a lot of risks... until I started breaking bones. Now a days it really depends on the field. West Point is a great example - there's a lot of loose shale and steep slopes. If I can avoid it, I stick to the trails. I rarely screw around there. Otherwise if it means approaching from an unexpected angle sure, I'm willing to trailblaze.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Following a trail is a good way to get ambushed. Setting up on a trail is a good way to get an elimination. Off-Roader here!

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bland

When playing in the woods, I get as deep into the brush as I can.

Ladies...
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
When playing in the woods, I get as deep into the brush as I can.

Ladies...
lol!

There never really was a lot of variance in the terrains i've played on until moving here, when i started playing outlaw woodsball. The majority of the property we play on is brush so there isn't much choice in where to go. There are trails, but they wind around so much that angles are compromised by more brush, anyway.

Not a lot of steep hills, in fact there's only one and that's just the path to reach the property, so we don't really play there.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
We Didn't Listen!

Trail is spelled S-T-U-P-I-D or at least thats what I've been told.

Lean back at the knees and take alot of smaller steps, If you have the balence and all, when going down hill. It always helps me unless I'm trying to be faster.
Rule #14: "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
Bay kou bliye, pote mak sonje. (The giver of the blow forgets, the bearer of the scar remembers)
flyinggobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

If I take a trail its in a safe area or I just expect to ambushed. Sometimes the trail can be the quickest and quietest way to move quickly. You just have to decide which risks you are willing to take. I typically don't hesitate to go trailblazing to sneak around and flank someone. Hesitation, would be impassable brier patch(really thick) or getting my feet wet and not having a change of shoes and socks to swap with for the rest of the day.

wanted: got most of it for now.

currently in China
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

Before every woodsball game, I usually tell myself that I'm not going to go rampaging through the thick stuff and try to do less harm to my body. That usually lasts 5 minutes, then I'm back running through the thick stuff.

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

I sprint trails when they can get me around the opposing team in a hurry, generally if I want to get around em, I stick to the tape and aim to be invisible... If I'm playing on the hunt I'll always go for position first, and engagement after. Thing you gotta watch out for in the bush of course, is setting off those visual and auditory cues for the sharper guys on the other team, especially if they know you and are any good at anticipating your game plan.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I always take the path less traveled. It keeps things interesting and fun. Take it slow and easy, going down hills I usually default to the slow and controlled butt slide if its that steep.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone