mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Good on ANS (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/218788-good-ans.html)

RatFink 11-16-2012 09:33 PM

Good on ANS

I dropped by ANS this afternoon, needing a little paint. Seeing as how I was unhappy with the latest cases of Marbs, AllStars and PMI Premium I have picked up in the last year, I was looking to go with something new. When I walked in I was greeted by a very helpful sales person. I talked with him shortly about the recent experience with my trusted, go-to brands of paint. He threw out a few other high end options I may want to look at. This is where it gets good. He cracks some bags open and lets me look at some of the paint first hand and even goes as far as to cut some balls open right there on the counter, so I could check out the fill. By the way, the GI stuff might as well be filled with piss. I ended up with some nice Valken Redemption, now I can't wait until this weekend to let it fly! I just have to say, I have never had a pro shop open paint up just to let me take a look, so I was pretty damn impressed! Good on ANS.

woouulf 11-16-2012 09:44 PM

That was far and above,glad to hear it..
Where i live its a crap shoot on paint, it dont matter how much a case cost and a junk box of Allstars shoots just as bad as a case of balls made in China..I have givin up on finding good paint locally..

ilivlife 11-16-2012 09:47 PM

My recent ANS transactions went great, and I agree Valken paint is great

The Inflicted 11-16-2012 10:22 PM

Is Valken paint still made in South Korea?
I've bought several cases across different grades and it's always been good-excellent.
Runs large by today's standards, .687 sometimes.
Smells like birthday cake too.

RatFink 11-17-2012 08:22 AM

I have no idea where it's made. it is quite a bit larger than the All Stars that I was using a .676 sizer with

Lohman446 11-17-2012 08:59 AM

I was impressed with the last patch of Valken I opened. Specifically with the moisture bag (I assume) packed in each bag of paintballs. Paint worked good for me all day and it did run a bit large.

river031403 11-17-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woouulf (Post 2536297)
That was far and above,glad to hear it..
Where i live its a crap shoot on paint, it dont matter how much a case cost and a junk box of Allstars shoots just as bad as a case of balls made in China..I have givin up on finding good paint locally..

Try MVP paintball never had a problem with their paint selection

ilivlife 11-17-2012 09:29 AM

My last two cases of Valken (could have been from same production batch) was running about .684

gospeedgo1 11-17-2012 10:03 AM

Good to hear. i have heard mixed reviews on them. my personal in-store experience was average, but my girlfriend and i hearing rory and one of the asian phone reps talking crap openly about a customer on hold calling for a autococker feed neck did turn me off quite a bit. their return policy for in-store sales differs from their online store which i find odd.

PBRevolution 11-17-2012 10:13 AM

Last week I found out the local shop does something similar, they keep a pod with each type of paint laying on the counter to help you decide. Even saw a guy bring in a barrel to see which paint fit best.