mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Mag feed mismanagment???

I was at a rap4 event(end war 3) at our local field.I did not attend because I was going to have to rent a mag feed marker.To my surprise players were there with spring feeds and gravity feeds on egos and tac caps on a5's and such.all the advertising said mag feed only.I knew of at least 40 local players who could have played with a feeder system on their marker(Tube or tac cap)not to mention how many more would have attended.Is this a rap4 dirty little secret ploy to get you to think you have to rent their crap?I asked around even told them more would have attended if you let players know this.It was interesting with the limited paint and how the game flowed.I am sure that by advertising the event with spring feeds and tac caps it would have gotten mag fed, limited paint out to more players.
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

yep, that is a bummer. i was planning on attending this scenario using an angled stick feed pump until i saw the rules. kind of funny that there is a marker running a 10 round tube in their promo video (around 35 second mark).

Operation End War 3: Mission Brief
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Good catch just saw that !!
casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
I don't like that. Unless the numbers for pure magfed were so low that they simply had to allow other forms of limited paint markers to play in order to even have a game at all, this is just not cool. It's advertising a special day and then basically delivering another day of regular rec ball.

I plan on playing at the cell 6 game at OTP in march. The pricing is apparently the same whether you use your own marker or one of the rap4 rentals. I already have a TPX, and I'm assuming by then the milsig k3's will have been released and I'll have one of those as well. So there's no real issue with paying more than I should...but if I'm paying for a magfed game, I want to be playing in a MAGFED GAME. Not a game against electros

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
D G
Team-PAIN

I don't get what the big deal is about an event being mag-fed only. Is is just mil-sim guys getting upset over guys running around in jerseys using pumps or is it something else? I see how an electro with eyes and a 50rd grav feed clearly outmatches a 20-rd mag-fed gun. However, stick feeds should be fine, 30rd tac-caps too . They don't offer offer any distinct advantage and keep true to the limited capacity format. I don't know, I love limited capacity play. It's so much fun being able to really move around and think about reloading and shooting and stuff. It's like playing with automatic pumps, lol. Is there a big crowd that demands that every paintball gun look and and function like a real gun, even if only holds 20 or so rounds? Is it that big of a deal?

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
I plan on playing at the cell 6 game at OTP in march.
they're allowing stick feeds and 30rd tac-caps, so my team is hoping to make that game. just have to stock up on 10rd tubes and pouches to carry them in.
D G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tigerstyle

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D G View Post
I don't get what the big deal is about an event being mag-fed only. Is is just mil-sim guys getting upset over guys running around in jerseys using pumps or is it something else? I see how an electro with eyes and a 50rd grav feed clearly outmatches a 20-rd mag-fed gun. However, stick feeds should be fine, 30rd tac-caps too . They don't offer offer any distinct advantage and keep true to the limited capacity format. I don't know, I love limited capacity play. It's so much fun being able to really move around and think about reloading and shooting and stuff. It's like playing with automatic pumps, lol. Is there a big crowd that demands that every paintball gun look and and function like a real gun, even if only holds 20 or so rounds? Is it that big of a deal?

--------

they're allowing stick feeds and 30rd tac-caps, so my team is hoping to make that game. just have to stock up on 10rd tubes and pouches to carry them in.

I don't think the OP is angry because it was a limited paint game... I think the OP is angry because it was advertised Mag-fed ONLY. I'd be pretty ticked too if I left my KP at home and rented a Rap-4 only to see other players running around with whatever they want at the event. The OP has every right to be angry as the people who set up the event blatantly lied about the Mag-fed only part. I'd be pissed off too.
"Conformities are called for much more eagerly today than yesterday... skeptics, liberals, individuals with a taste for private life and their own inner standards of behavior, are objects of fear and derision and targets of persecution for either side... in the great ideological wars of our time."- Isaiah Berlin

"Freedom is not something that can be given. Freedom is something people take, and people are as free as they want to be."- James Baldwin
Ramous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
D G
Team-PAIN

that makes sense.
D G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I can see where the OP is upset and he is right about this being a case of mis-managment. If forms of feeding are allowed that are not mag-fed then the rules should clearly state this.

That being said I remember being at a stock class game where one of the markers that the owner was trying to fix was technically not stock class because there was space between the barrel and the feedtube - enough that more than one ball could be loaded by gravity without "rock and cock". There were very few of us there and none of us had a problem with it. Sometimes small adjustments have to be made.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Stockclass player

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramous View Post
I'd be pretty ticked too if I left my KP at home and rented a Rap-4 only to see other players running around with whatever they want at the event.
I can see being pissed at this too. I can also understand them allowing pumps and tac caps at the last second to shore up the numbers on either side. Sure it probably could have been handled better, but its very possible they panicked at the last moment when they saw very few participants.

There are other games I've seen advertised that allow other limited paint formats in with their "mag fed games". I think this is probably the best bet for game organizers for now until mag fed play gains a little more momentum.

Really though, i'm all for limited paint games in any format!

MCB Feedback
Ebay Feedback
mailmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

this is a small field, kinda out of the way. it is possible that some people showed up to the field not knowing about the event and RAP4 and/or the field owner might of let them play.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone