mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm6rocker View Post
I like it, but one thing bugs the crap out of me. It seems to me that the magazines keep constant pressure on the paint stack. Doesn't look like there's any way to lock the follower down. I could be wrong, but I didn't notice in the video.

For first strikes, I'd wager that it's no biggie. For standard .68 though...that could pose some issues if your paint stays in the mag for long. Granted most people that buy this are not going to be using regular paint in it, but even still. Some folks will still use regular paint when FS is either not allowed, not available, or whatever other reason.

If Dye, Kingman, and Tippmann all have a way to lock the follower down so no stress is on the paint until it's loaded, why not this? Again, not a complaint about the SAR12 itself, just an observation about the magazines. I think this thing is awesome, and I would love to get my hands on one. If I'm wrong about the mags, please disregard my blabbering

There was something that Sonny Lopez said about the mags putting a consistent amount of pressure the entire time on the paintballs as to not cause deformation, etc. I forget specifics right now though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualreviews View Post
right on man thats awesome, do you have a link to the pouches?
SAR12 Single Open Top Magazine Pouch

Right now i only have mc in stock but as the release date approaches I'll have other colors in stock, (blk, od, tan).

Facebook / Twitter

Last edited by GMAN1; 11-19-2012 at 03:15 PM.
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
According to David of Carmatech there is an advantage to the 20 inch barrel. One test they did at 225 ft was with the 14 in hitting center target. They swapped barrels to the 20 in, keeping the gun in the exact same spot and the rounds were going above the target.
god damn, not this **** again.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
god damn, not this **** again.
????
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
????
the whole "longer barrel shoots further" claim. it keeps getting disproven but people keep believing it because they are so desperate to have an advantage. paintballs are not bullets. in addition muzzle velocities are all set to field standards at the chrono station anyway.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
the whole "longer barrel shoots further" claim. it keeps getting disproven but people keep believing it because they are so desperate to have an advantage. paintballs are not bullets. in addition muzzle velocities are all set to field standards at the chrono station anyway.
You're right. Paintballs arent bullets. But remember that we're talking about FS rounds here. Not regular paintballs. We're working with an entirely different beast. Although i am kind of skeptical too about these findings, its a good idea to keep an open mind. There has been some who have done quite a bit of testing on the FS rounds, there arent a whole lot of ppl who have done it and have made their findings public. That, or FS play isnt popular to have it become common knowledge. Thus, what is regarded as common knowledge regarding FS rounds have not yet been established.
I remember when ppl first started using rifled barrels with their FS rounds. Initially many were skeptical saying that a rifled bore did nothing but create problems. Yes, that was true for regular paintballs, but not FS rounds. Apart from some fouling, rifled bores did help an FS round fly better.

IMO if what Carmatech claims is true, then im guessing the reason its going further has less to do with the gas having more space to apply force to the round but more so that the round itself is perhaps spinning more. And who says that since its going further, its shooting at a higher FPS? Perhaps its more spin?
But then again, im no expert and that is merely speculation and working under the assumption of the claim.

Its important here not to jump to conclusions. I dont know and im pretty sure you dont know what the set up they were testing with. Keep an open mind.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
There was something that Sonny Lopez said about the mags putting a consistent amount of pressure the entire time on the paintballs as to not cause deformation, etc. I forget specifics right now though
Ya it's suppose to be a special type of spring where the pressure is constant, meaning each ball gets the same amount of pressure applied to it regardless of how many balls are in the mag. Unlike traditional mag springs that have very high tension against the balls when fully compressed and gives less pressure as balls get released.

Regarding the barrel, all they know is that when they stuck the 20 in hammerhead the round traveled further than with the 14in. Why that was true i can't say but it was true with the sar12. So you can take it for what it is or not.

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
Ya it's suppose to be a special type of spring where the pressure is constant, meaning each ball gets the same amount of pressure applied to it regardless of how many balls are in the mag. Unlike traditional mag springs that have very high tension against the balls when fully compressed and gives less pressure as balls get released.

Regarding the barrel, all they know is that when they stuck the 20 in hammerhead the round traveled further than with the 14in. Why that was true i can't say but it was true with the sar12. So you can take it for what it is or not.
if its not trouble, can u direct me to where Dave said it? Thanks
Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ArchAngel=- View Post
You're right. Paintballs arent bullets. But remember that we're talking about FS rounds here. Not regular paintballs. We're working with an entirely different beast. Although i am kind of skeptical too about these findings, its a good idea to keep an open mind. There has been some who have done quite a bit of testing on the FS rounds, there arent a whole lot of ppl who have done it and have made their findings public. That, or FS play isnt popular to have it become common knowledge. Thus, what is regarded as common knowledge regarding FS rounds have not yet been established.
I remember when ppl first started using rifled barrels with their FS rounds. Initially many were skeptical saying that a rifled bore did nothing but create problems. Yes, that was true for regular paintballs, but not FS rounds. Apart from some fouling, rifled bores did help an FS round fly better.

IMO if what Carmatech claims is true, then im guessing the reason its going further has less to do with the gas having more space to apply force to the round but more so that the round itself is perhaps spinning more. And who says that since its going further, its shooting at a higher FPS? Perhaps its more spin?
But then again, im no expert and that is merely speculation and working under the assumption of the claim.

Its important here not to jump to conclusions. I dont know and im pretty sure you dont know what the set up they were testing with. Keep an open mind.
yes the marker is first strike capable, but i think he didn't say if those tests were done with first strikes at all
Old 11-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
yes the marker is first strike capable, but i think he didn't say if those tests were done with first strikes at all
Im pretty sure its implied FS rounds were being used. Otherwise, why would all that testing be needed?
Plus, im sure a lot of ppl who are looking into this marker intend on using it as a FS dedicated marker.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone