mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeds80 View Post
Sounds like you just invented the early 90s.

Awesome idea. I'd be so into it. Only ykno... I wouldn't mind the n2 over co2.
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #112 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Hopper: Standard, non-agitating, 200 rnd max.
Are you allowing q-loaders or cyclone feeds? Technically, they are non-agitating. If you are disallowing them, maybe change it to say non-powered to exclude spring or air-powered hoppers. Come to think of it, the HaloB is a standard, non-agitating, 200 rd max hopper.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #113 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
There ARE already mech-only leagues, right? I LOVE the idea of a blowback only league. Why the hell not? If you want to argue against it, just don't participate in it. Simple.

Kick it up a notch and make a Commie League. You arrive with your gun, give it to the organizer, and he'll distribute the guns randomly to the participants. You might get yours back, probably not.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #114 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
There ARE already mech-only leagues, right? I LOVE the idea of a blowback only league. Why the hell not? If you want to argue against it, just don't participate in it. Simple.
I like it and I'm not planning on joining any leagues or tournaments. For me it's a movement, a style if you will. Something where someone with average skills can feel competitive (challenged yes, but not overwhelmed as can sometimes happen when using a pump) on a field full of electro's, and at the same time not be intimidating to newer players.

A blowback, a shake'n'bake, a 9oz, and a bag of paint. Anyone can afford to start, anyone can afford to play. If this was considered the baseline, considered "normal paintballing", then so many problems would go away.

Quote:
Kick it up a notch and make a Commie League. You arrive with your gun, give it to the organizer, and he'll distribute the guns randomly to the participants. You might get yours back, probably not.
I had a similar idea, a game where you "play for pinks" as per the old auto racing terminology. A one on one tournament where you show up and part of your entry fee is your gun. You lose a game (match, round, whatever), your gun goes to the guy who won. At the end the winner walks away with a rather hefty pile of inexpensive guns.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #115 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Are you allowing q-loaders or cyclone feeds? Technically, they are non-agitating. If you are disallowing them, maybe change it to say non-powered to exclude spring or air-powered hoppers. Come to think of it, the HaloB is a standard, non-agitating, 200 rd max hopper.
yup, my bad. That was supposed to read as follows:

HOPPER: Standard, Non-agitating, Gravity feed, 200 ball max.

Thanks for catching that, I'll go back and address the post you quoted.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #116 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
How about the Proto Primo? It doesn't really help you fire faster, it more so prevents you from blowing paint up your feedneck and chopping/breaking. For blow-backs I would almost consider it to be the perfect, low cost, standardized piece of equipment.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #117 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

I kinda like the Primo, and not bad for the price. At 8 bps it could keep up with my Desert Fox without the need for batteries. May have to grab one of those... IF it actually works...

When I looked at the Halo, I immediately thought of this:

It's a lot like a centrifugal turbine engine compressor stage, or a centrifugal flow fuel pump.

Here is why I keep saying "Non-agitating". Back in "the day" the VM-68/PMI-3 guys would tap some blow-back air through a flex-line to the hopper. That puff of air would agitate the balls with every shot. Weirdest of all, it worked.

I'll have to ponder how to get all that in the rules...

"Hopper: Non-mechanized, Non-agitating, Gravity feed only, 200 ball max."

I think that covers the bases. I mean, "No Battery" does not cover wind-up or "bleed air" agitators. Non-agitator does not cover Halos.

Last edited by ironnerd88; 11-26-2012 at 06:42 PM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #118 (permalink)
AGD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
I had a similar idea, a game where you "play for pinks" as per the old auto racing terminology. A one on one tournament where you show up and part of your entry fee is your gun. You lose a game (match, round, whatever), your gun goes to the guy who won. At the end the winner walks away with a rather hefty pile of inexpensive guns.
I can almost guarantee that the winner would end up with a pile of the $10 ANS markers.

I think I've finally realized the intentions of this thread:
1. To stimulate the economy by buying more markers we don't need
2. To raise the value of the classic blowback markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
How about the Proto Primo? It doesn't really help you fire faster, it more so prevents you from blowing paint up your feedneck and chopping/breaking. For blow-backs I would almost consider it to be the perfect, low cost, standardized piece of equipment.
In my opinion, they don't do all that much. If you're chopping, you need to learn how to shoot and shake or learn better trigger control. Then again, I only shoot classics with powerfeeds for that very reason.
mooseslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
You keep saying "better than X". I'm not talking better. I'm not talking worse. I'm talking different. Not Mech... One segment of Mech. Much as my 1991-vintage Rebline does not qualify for "Stock Class". It may not be "Better" than a Phantom Stock, but it's different - it's not a Stock gun, so I can't use it in a Stock event. Should someone start a "Mech League" I imagine the eNMy will be used by many players (it looks like a very nice little gun).

I'm beginning to wonder if you have ever played with Blow-back.

So... Blow-backs are laughable, but no other mech gun is really any better... I admit to being confused.

So, it's okay to limit things, as long as they are your limits. If the point is limited-paint hopper-ball, why limit it any further? Just "open to all markers". Bring your mech, electro, pump, bow, slingshot, whatever.

You keep harping on "Too Many Limits". I keep mentioning "Stock Class", and you seem to pretend that that is not the most limited form of play, and yet people play it - with surprisingly expensive markers at that.

Let me fail miserably (my own expected outcome). When I do, tell me you told me so (because you have). In the mean time, post a new thread about "Limited Paint Mech Tourney". You want it - you go do it. Make it happen.
I guess that I am wondering why you want to limit this idea so much. You haven't given any reason as to why to not allow people to use a Cocker or Mag, beyond you just don't want to. I can see the logic of not allowing a Tippmann A5 or X7 if you are concerned that the Cyclone feed allows a more rapid firing of the marker, that other stuff can't compete with unless they have a force feed hopper of some sort. But what reasons do you have for not allowing someone to shoot a non-RTed Mag? I guess that I missed that, if you said it.

Also, I would think that you would want to make this pretty broad, to attract as many people as possible. I can't see a person wanting to fail with an idea like this, it is such a good idea.

If you want to know, my VM68 Magnum was my first and probably only blowback. I used to play with a Tippmann 98 when things were slow at the field. This is why I know that it does not shoot much different than any mag that I have used, shy of something with a LVL 10 bolt, and RTed, or an eMag. I admit that I like them for their durability, and have thought about getting a Crossover. But that is neither here nor there.

Keep in mind that I didn't call anything laughable. I only stated that for what you are wanting to do, other than using all aluminum, so lighter in weight, they are all the same. So it can not only continue to be affordable, but rely more on skill and less spray and pray to get it done. So again, I don't understand the reason to not allow other stuff.

Actually, Stock Class seems to limit to a pump marker, with the 10-20 round parallel feed that uses 12 grams. But they don't care if it is inline or stacked tube. Further, I could play with a Thumper or a KP2.

Actually, I would rather see you succeed. I would rather that this becomes a model that is followed by others and spreads. Hence, don't make so many limitations, unless there is a logical reason. Not a matter of what you like.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #120 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy Ever View Post
I guess that I am wondering why you want to limit this idea so much.
At this point it seems like your just trolling this thread?

Moses688_Feedback
Moses688 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone